Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

BATTERED WOMEN INA 212(a)(9)(B)(iii)(IV)

BATTERED WOMEN INA 212(a)(9)(B)(iii)(IV)

Old Sep 6th 2004, 10:40 pm
YIPPEEEEEEEEE :)

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future
Question BATTERED WOMEN INA 212(a)(9)(B)(iii)(IV)

Hi there,
Does anyone know much on the Statutory exception for battered women under INA 212(a)(9)(B)(iii)(IV) - the cause of unlawful presence falls into this category. This is something that I had no idea of until recently.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Old Sep 6th 2004, 11:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BATTERED WOMEN INA 212(a)(9)(B)(iii)(IV)

Hwarang - so sorry that I can't help you on this Battered Women topic.

But I do have a suggestion though ... see below. Your timeline is overwhelming. You might think of shortening it up so it's more concise.

Just a though - Wish you the best of luck.

If nothing else, at least we have each other, whether we are here or there"

03/09/03 - Filed I-130 to Sydney US embassy

04/07/03 - Denied Visa at interview on grounds overstay of more than 1 yr

04/10/03 - Applied for waiver on grounds of ineligibilty I-601.

05/19/03 - Received notice of intent to deny I-601. 90 days to submit documentation of extreme hardship

08/12/03 - Attorney submitted our I-601

08/21/03 - Received I-601 denial fr Bangkok BCIS. Given 30 days to appeal to AAU

09/08/03 - Mailed off appeal to Bangkok BCIS.

10/08/03 - Called BCIS in Bangkok, says our appeal sent on to the AAU Washington DC

11/02/03 - Still waiting...

11/13/03 -AAU - informs us they don't have our appeal yet - will take 6 to 10 mths for a decision when they get it

11/14/03 - Bangkok informs us they sent our appeal to AAU in September

12/28/03 - Still, no one knows where our appeal is

01/01/04 - AAU have our appeal. It was misplaced

02/10/ 2004 - Appeal Dismissed. End of the road for us

Originally Posted by hwarang
Hi there,
Does anyone know much on the Statutory exception for battered women under INA 212(a)(9)(B)(iii)(IV) - the cause of unlawful presence falls into this category. This is something that I had no idea of until recently.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited by janadeen; Sep 6th 2004 at 11:03 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 3:49 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janadeen
But I do have a suggestion though ... see below. Your timeline is overwhelming. You might think of shortening it up so it's more concise.
No offense, but your sig isn't exactly short, either!

If you only count lines of text, yours is longer than the OP's -- 30 lines vs 26 lines!!

~ Jenney
Old Sep 7th 2004, 3:53 am

hwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant futurehwarang has a brilliant future

LOL.......I was actually thinking that to myself.......... Our timeline in so long and drawn out I think we have earned that space, lmao.

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

If you only count lines of text, yours is longer than the OP's -- 30 lines vs 26 lines!!

~ Jenney

Last edited by hwarang; Sep 7th 2004 at 9:21 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 4:52 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

So much timeline ..I could not be bothered to read the question.. I was going to suggest you put it in your profile...but you already have it there as well !!!
Get real people if you want people to answer your question...Make it readable ..I thank you ..
Old Sep 7th 2004, 2:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

janadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond reputejanadeen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for seeing my point!

I only hope he can get some help with his case or answers to his question.

Originally Posted by Ray
So much timeline ..I could not be bothered to read the question.. I was going to suggest you put it in your profile...but you already have it there as well !!!
Get real people if you want people to answer your question...Make it readable ..I thank you ..
Old Sep 7th 2004, 2:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

No offense taken.

Your opinion.

Apparently others, even the original poster, see my point as well - it's about being concise, format ... not just the number of lines ...

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark

~ Jenney
Old Sep 7th 2004, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

H - I think you completely right - you have indeed earned that space! Seems like you've been down a rough road.

The thought though, is to have people make your questions a priority and not be distracted by your timeline. Lots of people have long ass timelines - believe me, I've lost no sleep over it, but honestly, I glanced at your post and then had to give it another hard look to see where it started.

To your point though - have you Googled up the topic? I'm sure you probably have already but just in case not, I did a quick search and tons of material came up - some, incomprehensible and some, very clear laymans terms.

Again - best of luck!

Originally Posted by hwarang
LOL.......I was actually thinking that to myself.......... Our timeline in so long and drawn out I think we have earned that space, lmao.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 3:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sue,

It's a shame mr. F. is on vacation for a bit - not saying he knows about this (although probably... lol) or would have chose to reply, but still. I don't have any answers for you, but still wanted to wish you good luck. Your case stuck with me and I've always been quietly rooting for you. Hope someone can point you in the right direction.

Elaine (who believes that if God would have wanted us to have short timelines, he would have put a limit on them )
Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:06 pm

Talking Re: BATTERED WOMEN INA 212(a)(9)(B)(iii)(IV)

Thank you Elaine so much for your reply and well wishes. I am sure the if anyone who does have a little insight on that issue they will be willing to share. We have a very good attorney and yes, we have done our homework on everything but we are just starting to learn some on this particular issue - as I am sure everyone knows, one cannot help themselves but to come in here and quiz around - it's the need of support and kindness of the people that are going through exactly what you are going through and know how it feels.
HUGS
Sue

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
Hi Sue,

It's a shame mr. F. is on vacation for a bit - not saying he knows about this (although probably... lol) or would have chose to reply, but still. I don't have any answers for you, but still wanted to wish you good luck. Your case stuck with me and I've always been quietly rooting for you. Hope someone can point you in the right direction.

Elaine (who believes that if God would have wanted us to have short timelines, he would have put a limit on them )

Last edited by hwarang; Sep 7th 2004 at 9:22 pm.
Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:19 pm

Lets just keep this post about the topic guys - the time line is not important, it's my timeline and I like it the way it is and that's how it will stay, it is legible and easy to follow - long yes, but who cares???????? Not worth turning it into some debate. Been through enough so opinion's on my timeline is irrelevant. However, I appreciate your advice Jan, so thank you.
Personally - I prefer detailed time lines so as to get a good idea of my fellow expats situation.
Thanks guys.
HUGS
Hope everyone is having a great day.
Sue

H - I think you completely right - you have indeed earned that space! Seems like you've been down a rough road.

The thought though, is to have people make your questions a priority and not be distracted by your timeline. Lots of people have long ass timelines - believe me, I've lost no sleep over it, but honestly, I glanced at your post and then had to give it another hard look to see where it started.

To your point though - have you Googled up the topic? I'm sure you probably have already but just in case not, I did a quick search and tons of material came up - some, incomprehensible and some, very clear laymans terms.

Again - best of luck!
Old Sep 7th 2004, 9:20 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for seeing my point!

I only hope he can get some help with his case or answers to his question.

LMAO........ Ray was talking about you too. You have a bunch of stuff in your timeline that has no relevance. Ideally timelines are for others coming behind you to get some grasp of the process itself as well as the amount of wait time between events.

"07/18/03 - I fly to Jamaica, wanting to be certain no probs come up @ customs for my fiance"

I can honestly say that is useless information to anybody but yourself. However, I wouldn't have even commented if you hadn't criticized the OP's timeline.

Last edited by Leslie; Sep 7th 2004 at 9:33 pm.