Bangkok Engagement

Old Sep 24th 2001, 3:35 am
Cpt_howdy

Going to Bangkok in two weeks to exchange rings, meet immediate family, et al ...
Regarding the visa, what INS forms should I bring? Is there anything I can do at the
embassy to begin the process, or does it all begin stateside? Thanks in advance.

Old Sep 24th 2001, 4:39 am
Shelley

Go to this website and start reading. Lots of helpful information, tips, and
examples of forms. http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm Take
Care. Shelley

>
al ... Regarding the visa, what INS forms should I bring? Is there anything I can do
at
    >
in advance.

Old Sep 24th 2001, 11:34 am
Alvena Ferreira

Cpt_Howdy wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >

Everything is done stateside, however here are some tips: Bring along G-325A form and
have her complete it. Get a copy of her birth certificate while you are there and
include that with the original petition (some service centers have recently been
asking for this, so the safe bet is to include it with the original petition). If she
can write english, have her do a letter explaining the relationship and that you want
to marry and include that with your letter when you file the petition. go ahead and
fill out the I-129F form while you are there. It is easier to get this done when you
are together, I think.

Alvena
--
I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice; this is my personal opinion, posted
for the purpose of discussion only.
---
K-1 FAQ: http://www.k1faq.com Jonathan's K-1 pages: http://alixtcat.50megs.com/ Doc
Steen's Marriage Visa Information Pages:
http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm

Old Sep 24th 2001, 5:23 pm
Jeff

Cpt,

Also, do stop by the embassy and pick up a copy of Packet #3. That way you can at
least become familiar with what you will later have to provide to the embassy while
you wait for the INS back in the US to process your I-129f petition. If you take care
of everything you need to do for the embassy while you're waiting on the petition
(don't submit it to the embassy in advance, just prepare and hold on to everything),
your fiancee will likely be able to get her interview in only 3-4 weeks time after
the petition is approved.

In you post you mention exchanging rings. Don't mention anything like this in the
letters of intent to the INS that you and your fiancee have to provide along with the
I-129f petition. One unfortunate guy did something like that thinking that it would
add convincing proof to the validity of the relationship. Instead it cost him an
extra 3 months of processing time because the INS then asked for proof that he and
his fiancee weren't already married.

And if you do have the traditional Thai wedding ceremony while you're in Bangkok, be
sure that you do not have it registered. The ceremony does not create a recognized
marriage, but the registration does (even if there is no ceremony).

chok dii khrap JEff

Alvena Ferreira <[email protected]>
    >
[usenetquote2]> > Going to Bangkok in two weeks to exchange rings, meet immediate family, et al ...[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > Regarding the visa, what INS forms should I bring? Is there anything I can do at[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > the embassy to begin the process, or does it all begin stateside? Thanks in[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]> > advance.[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >