Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

To avoid AP problems....

Wikiposts

To avoid AP problems....

Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:03 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To avoid AP problems....

Originally posted by soulsender
can we have a U.S. honeymoon destination discussion/brainstorming session? Try to avoid the obvious Florida/Hawaii type place. I know it's probably been done here before but I'd like some new ideas.
COLORADO IS THE ANSWER!!!
http://elsurfo.com/todo/co.htm Check this site out
Let us know where you end up going, please!!
Take care!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:05 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

We went to New Mexico and it's just plain fantastic, breath-taking, and fun! The food, the scenery, the national parks, the museums, the pottery... just WOW.

We were considering New Orleans too, but we might leave that for the family wedding and go somewhere else for the second hoenymoon. I know you're not interested, but I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, I'm a sucker for Pacific Isles from Oz and New Zealand to the Polynesia...

What about Alaska though? Or a wineries tour on the California peninsula, including San Francisco... awww so many places to go, so little money and time!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:09 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

new mexico sounds wonderful, so does colorado.. both on my list.. worth investigating..

and Hawaii is for our honeymoon as well, just a little delayed.. I think we will probably stick to something local for right after the wedding as most likely we will be flying to get there.. fly home.. then a few days relaxing.. a couple months later.. I hope.. hawaii... this is what we're thinking..
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Nicola76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by souls canuck
new mexico sounds wonderful, so does colorado.. both on my list.. worth investigating..

and Hawaii is for our honeymoon as well, just a little delayed.. I think we will probably stick to something local for right after the wedding as most likely we will be flying to get there.. fly home.. then a few days relaxing.. a couple months later.. I hope.. hawaii... this is what we're thinking..
We're the same with Hawaii, right until a couple months before we were going to Maui but it would have taken around 13 hours to get there (depending on stop overs) so we decided on Puerto Rico as it was a little less. We will be going to Hawaii as our other honeymoon lol!! It actually rained EVERY day on our honeymoon so we need that 2nd one! Don't let that put you off though, they were having freak weather when we went, which is just typical of my luck

Nicola

Timeline TSC

NOA1 January 15th 2003
NOA2 June 19th 2003 (Online Status)
NOA2 Letter received June 23rd 2003
NVC Letter recieved July 2nd 2003 (dated 30th June)
Packet 3 received July 10th 2003
Returned IV-15 July 21st 2003 (Delayed due to being in the USA when it arrived)
Interview date received July 25th 2003
Interview date September 2nd 2003
Got the Visa!!!
Moved to the USA September 5th 2003

Got married November 1st
Honeymoon November 8th - 14th Puerto Rico

Adjustment of Status - Atlanta
Applied for SSN in married name November 21st 2003
AOS & EAD sent November 22nd 2003
Received at Atlanta office November 25th 2003 (UPS online)
SSN arrived November 28th 2003
Driving Test December 11th 2003
AOS & EAD NOA received dated December 17th 2003
Appointment for Biometrics January 24th 2004
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:52 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by souls canuck

I gotta agree