Reload this Page >

To avoid AP problems....

Wikiposts

To avoid AP problems....

Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:37 am
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point
Default To avoid AP problems....

can we have a U.S. honeymoon destination discussion/brainstorming session? Try to avoid the obvious Florida/Hawaii type place. I know it's probably been done here before but I'd like some new ideas.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Susanna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To avoid AP problems....

Originally posted by soulsender
can we have a U.S. honeymoon destination discussion/brainstorming session? Try to avoid the obvious Florida/Hawaii type place. I know it's probably been done here before but I'd like some new ideas.
We were going to the Bahamas next week on a cruise and advised to stay on mainland.(AOS) NO RECIEPT YET
So looks like we are going to be kids for a week in Disneyland lol.

Personally I think Virginia would be a good place to Honeymoon as it has so many interesting places to see, especially the Shandoah Valley the Blue Ridge Mountains and the al the American Civil War sights, the national parks are amazing plus the place is so breath taking and romantic.
Sorry not brain storming but you would never be bored.

Susanna
Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:53 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite standby is Lake Tahoe. The lake is just gorgeous summer or winter.

Since you're in Arizona, I'll tell you I think honeymooning in the White Mountains would be fun. Greer has some very cozy cabins nestled in the pine trees. It's quiet, fairly isolated, quaint, and romantic. It can be done in a 3-day weekend (which is all I might have off work by the time we get married! lol) I prefer that to the hustle-bustle of Disneyland or Vegas.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:58 am
not a newbie

Originally posted by Noorah101
My favorite standby is Lake Tahoe. The lake is just gorgeous summer or winter.

Since you're in Arizona, I'll tell you I think honeymooning in the White Mountains would be fun. Greer has some very cozy cabins nestled in the pine trees. It's quiet, fairly isolated, quaint, and romantic. It can be done in a 3-day weekend (which is all I might have off work by the time we get married! lol) I prefer that to the hustle-bustle of Disneyland or Vegas.

Best Wishes!
Rene
Yeah I've heard the white mountains are great will definately take this in once we are settled...was looking also at the El Tovar/Zion/Bryce Canyon/ lodge experience. Have you been to any of the spas up your way like in sedona or flagstaff, Rene?
Old Feb 17th 2004, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Nicola76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and Steve met in Vegas so we thought about going back there, we both love Vegas, even more so because we met each other too! VEgas is a very fun place!
However, we ended up going to Puerto Rico. I don't know if that comes under what you describe as obvious places or not but we had a great time there, and there was no problems at all with leaving mainland USA and re-entering either as it is US territory. The beach part is great for relaxing together but there's also trips you can go on to, such as Old San Juan if you like historic stuff! Just another place for you to think about!

Nicola

Timeline TSC

NOA1 January 15th 2003
NOA2 June 19th 2003 (Online Status)
NOA2 Letter received June 23rd 2003
NVC Letter recieved July 2nd 2003 (dated 30th June)
Packet 3 received July 10th 2003
Returned IV-15 July 21st 2003 (Delayed due to being in the USA when it arrived)
Interview date received July 25th 2003
Interview date September 2nd 2003
Got the Visa!!!
Moved to the USA September 5th 2003

Got married November 1st

Adjustment of Status - Atlanta
Applied for SSN in married name November 21st 2003
AOS & EAD sent November 22nd 2003
Received at Atlanta office November 25th 2003 (UPS online)
SSN arrived November 28th 2003
Driving Test December 11th 2003
AOS & EAD NOA received dated December 17th 2003
Appointment for Biometrics January 24th 2004
Old Feb 17th 2004, 5:08 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I've heard the white mountains are great will definately take this in once we are settled...was looking also at the El Tovar/Zion/Bryce Canyon/ lodge experience. Have you been to any of the spas up your way like in sedona or flagstaff, Rene?
El Tovar is at the Grand Canyon, right? My first marriage honeymoon was at the Grand Canyon, but we camped out instead of staying in a nice resort (student budgets! lol). It was fun, though...for someone who has not been to the Grand Canyon before, it's a breathtaking experience. I have never been to Zion or Bryce Canyon. I once stayed in a cabin just outside of Flagstaff, but the White Mountains were far better. There is a resort just north of Sedona, along Oak Creek Canyon, that I have my eye on for the future. Let me do a search and see if I can find the name of it. I've stayed at the L'Auberge resort right in Sedona, and it was beautiful, especially if you get a creekside cabin.

There are some very nice, affordable resorts right here in Phoenix, too. Of course the Phoenician is way out of league except to go have a cup of coffee on the terrace - lol - but there are many in north Scottsdale that are nice for a weekend getaway and probably have nice honeymoon accommodations. Not sure if you're looking for a "getaway from it all" type of place, or someplace within city limits for sightseeing.

I'll get back to you on the Oak Creen Canyon resort I have in mind.

Rene
Old Feb 17th 2004, 5:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Bryce Canyon is suppose to be even more awesome than the Grand Canyon.

Honeymoons, in my opinion, are very special events. They should include activities and be in locations that are interest to both people. Why not make up a list of things and areas you both have thought of separately. Compare lists and then narrow it down to three places. From there use the internet to hunt out the specifics and/or visit with a good travel agent. What I think is a great place might not meet your specifications.

Rete
Old Feb 17th 2004, 5:47 am

Here's the link to Terrace Resort in Oak Creek Canyon.

http://www.oakcreekterrace.com/

To me, this looks perfect!
Old Feb 17th 2004, 6:05 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

hey, great topic

I actually was on a utah site this morning.. basically, I think we will both want a nice relaxing time.. my first choice was Hawaii, but there is soooo much to see and do, there would be no time to sit! Utah has always had a pull for me.. and its handy.. so probably investigate this more. I want some real special and memorable times over those days and I am sure no matter where we are we'll find that. I think after the whirlwind weekend of the wedding we may need to whole up in a cabin in the woods, light a few candles and just be.

and then off to the spa! weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

oh, and puerto rico looks nice too, I looked at that this am as well.

decisions decisions..

now , if they would just send me the visa.....
Old Feb 17th 2004, 7:02 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

MINNEAPOLIS.

Really.

Well, if you're into theatre, it's a great place to come for a holiday! Lots to see, lots to do, and so close to here you can go dogsledding, do winter sports...

My husband (sounds so weird to say that!) and I went to a B&B for our "honeymoon" - in the wilderness of Minnesota (!) great inn keepers, we had our own cabin (well, it was a fully furnished HOUSE, I swear!) with a wood fireplace, Great food, and we had a full kitchen so we could make ourselves dinner and such - we made fondues, raclette, and had a BLAST.

http://www.woodlandtrails.net was the place we went to.

I'd recommend it to ANYONE who wants to escape, see the wildlife, and enjoy some time away in the "winterscape". We went snowshoeing, saw the birds and the deer... it was GREAT.

Elly
Old Feb 17th 2004, 7:13 am
not a newbie

Originally posted by Rete
Why not make up a list of things and areas you both have thought of separately. Compare lists and then narrow it down to three places. From there use the internet to hunt out the specifics and/or visit with a good travel agent. What I think is a great place might not meet your specifications.

Rete
Because although we are "making our lists" already, I know theres a huge country out there populated all over by folks on this board who I think can be very imaginative at times and perhaps we can get more ideas we'd have never thought possible.

If you don't think this topic belongs here, move it. I think it's appropriate seeing as without AP most folks are limited (theres a paradox for you) to the U.S. for a honeymoon.

I've seen some nice suggestions so far folks and appreciate it.
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:08 am
Beth Cole

soulsender wrote:
    > can we have a U.S. honeymoon destination discussion/brainstorming
    > session? Try to avoid the obvious Florida/Hawaii type place. I know
    > it's probably been done here before but I'd like some new ideas.

</lurk>

My husband & I went to Hot Springs, Arkansas, and stayed in a hotel
built in the 1890's in the national park there. We did a lot of
sight-seeing and spent a lot of time in the naturally fed (and naturally
heated!) hot tub.

Beth

<lurk>

--
"Be bold, be bold, and everywhere be bold." -- Edmund Spenser

our home page: http://www.IsleOfSky.net

Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

whistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura aboutwhistlestop01 has a spectacular aura about

Originally posted by Beth Cole
soulsender wrote:
    > can we have a U.S. honeymoon destination discussion/brainstorming
    > session? Try to avoid the obvious Florida/Hawaii type place. I know
    > it's probably been done here before but I'd like some new ideas.

</lurk>

My husband & I went to Hot Springs, Arkansas, and stayed in a hotel
built in the 1890's in the national park there. We did a lot of
sight-seeing and spent a lot of time in the naturally fed (and naturally
heated!) hot tub.

Beth

<lurk>

--
"Be bold, be bold, and everywhere be bold." -- Edmund Spenser

our home page: http://www.IsleOfSky.net
Hot tub sounds good to me
Old Feb 17th 2004, 8:50 am
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

me too. .didnt use to care for em, but then, I wasnt tubbing with the right person

all good ideas.. thanks posters..

milwaukee was on my list of places to visit some day, but not for a honeymoon.. have to try and get to minneapolis while we're at it..cheesy, but fun I imagine

hadnt thought of arkansas..

we too met in Las Vegas and I am sure we will be back soon enough.. too much to do there..

and I am sure we will make the rounds in arizona.. they do have some of the top spa's in the world. even just one day.. ahhhhhhh
Old Feb 17th 2004, 9:00 am

and I am sure we will make the rounds in arizona.. they do have some of the top spa's in the world. even just one day.. ahhhhhhh [/QUOTE]
Wouldn't that be funny to spontaneously see each other at one of the resorts??

There is also a natural hot springs in AZ near the border of NV, up by Hoover Dam. It's out in the boonies, you have to hike about 5 miles to get there, but it was well worth it. Just one little cozy natural "tub" in the rocks with hot steamy water - almost in the middle of the desert - very strange. By the way, clothing optional in that one!! Imagine my surprise in turning the corner to find naked guys in there! Needless to say, I wore my suit and stirred up a lot of the mud at the bottom to decrease visibility! LOL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.