Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Attending interview with kids in tow...

Attending interview with kids in tow...

Old Nov 9th 2008, 6:11 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Attending interview with kids in tow...

After reading another thread about the OP's visa being denied / suspended after the affidavit of support being cleared by the NVC, I've spent all day today going through all our forms with a fine toothcomb, refiling and photocopying ready for our CR1 & CR2 interview in London on the 25th November.

So now my wonderful boys, aged 11 and very mature, are wondering why I'm stressing out, and asking all sorts of questions about the interview.

The other threads on here telling of peoples experiences have been really helpful for me, but I wondered if anyone had any experience of taking children around my kids age to the embassy and how involved they were by the CO in the process - what kind of questions they were asked etc, and if they felt that their child was put at ease?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 5:05 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Attending interview with kids in tow...

C,

I don't know how things are done at the consulate in the UK, but in many consulates the kids want to be seen but not heard. The consular officer wants to at least see that the claimed children exist and are children of the adult visa applicant, but young children will not need to be interviewed in the literal sense. You are the one who will have all the explaining to do.

As for the poster whose visa was denied after "the affidavit of support being cleared by the NVC", recognize that the NVC does not pass judgment on the suitability of any of the visa application documentation. That is the job of the consular officer. The NVC merely confirms that required materials have been submitted, not that what has been submitted passes muster.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by clarissageo
After reading another thread about the OP's visa being denied / suspended after , I've spent all day today going through all our forms with a fine toothcomb, refiling and photocopying ready for our CR1 & CR2 interview in London on the 25th November.

So now my wonderful boys, aged 11 and very mature, are wondering why I'm stressing out, and asking all sorts of questions about the interview.

The other threads on here telling of peoples experiences have been really helpful for me, but I wondered if anyone had any experience of taking children around my kids age to the embassy and how involved they were by the CO in the process - what kind of questions they were asked etc, and if they felt that their child was put at ease?
Old Nov 10th 2008, 2:43 am
Dizzy Blonde

clarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond reputeclarissageo has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that - it makes me feel a bit more relaxed that my boys are not going to be grilled.... I'd hate to think I was putting them through something like that.

Now i'm just stressing out and losing sleep that we're going to fail for some stupid reason at the final hurdle, I'm getting OCD about paperwork!
Old Nov 10th 2008, 3:40 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clarissageo
Thanks for that - it makes me feel a bit more relaxed that my boys are not going to be grilled.... I'd hate to think I was putting them through something like that.

Now i'm just stressing out and losing sleep that we're going to fail for some stupid reason at the final hurdle, I'm getting OCD about paperwork!
The posts I've seen about kids at the interview say that the kids are asked brief, age-appropriate questions. Like do they know/like the US spouse, are they excited to move to America, how old are you etc.

I don't think your boys will find it a grilling or anything to be 'put through'.. they'll probably have a grand old time or be bored to tears.