Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS in Seattle - A little confused about new checklist - What is I-693?

Wikiposts

AOS in Seattle - A little confused about new checklist - What is I-693?

Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:19 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS in Seattle - A little confused about new checklist - What is I-693?

Sounds pretty simple:

K1 no need for another medical exam. However, "The vaccination supp. must be completed by a designated civil surgeon". So tomorrow I will call a couple from the list to see if they can assist.

However, I wonder if I should put something in my cover letter where I list the contents of AOS packet to say:

Contents of packaege:

Page 500,800,545, subsection 232, 234.020 Stardate 02-17-04 : "Vaccination suppliment from Civil Surgeon", Please note that a Medical exam was completed within 1 year prior to admission. This medical exam was completed on behalf of the US embassy in Manila and the results were given to the officer at the POE. They are probably stored somewhere near Rosewell New Mexico in an alien aircraft hanger next to the JFK files. According to your employee that greeted me at the Seattle office, I need to have this sealed medical exam, as with checklist that he gave me reads. However, the instruction on the official USCIS website make it clear that I do not need them, only this suppliment" If, however I need to take extra action, pay additional fees, or spend even larger amounts of my hard earned money, or in anyway can contribute to funding such programs as watering stations along the Texas/Mexico border, please let me know."

Or something to that effect to justify why I have the need to deviate from their checklist.....

Scott
Old Feb 17th 2004, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

ElusiveSongbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS in Seattle - A little confused about new checklist - What is I-693?

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
Sounds pretty simple:

K1 no need for another medical exam. However, "The vaccination supp. must be completed by a designated civil surgeon". So tomorrow I will call a couple from the list to see if they can assist.

However, I wonder if I should put something in my cover letter where I list the contents of AOS packet to say:

Contents of packaege:

Page 500,800,545, subsection 232, 234.020 Stardate 02-17-04 : "Vaccination suppliment from Civil Surgeon", Please note that a Medical exam was completed within 1 year prior to admission. This medical exam was completed on behalf of the US embassy in Manila and the results were given to the officer at the POE. They are probably stored somewhere near Rosewell New Mexico in an alien aircraft hanger next to the JFK files. According to your employee that greeted me at the Seattle office, I need to have this sealed medical exam, as with checklist that he gave me reads. However, the instruction on the official USCIS website make it clear that I do not need them, only this suppliment" If, however I need to take extra action, pay additional fees, or spend even larger amounts of my hard earned money, or in anyway can contribute to funding such programs as watering stations along the Texas/Mexico border, please let me know."

Or something to that effect to justify why I have the need to deviate from their checklist.....

Scott

Hi Scott,

Where at the Seattle CIS Office did you submit your forms? When I filed, I got in the queue, hand it to the Officer at the door and she went throught the package to make sure that everything is in order. That was in August 2003, though.

My AOS interviewer is now a friend .... so let me know if you need specific information and I will give him a call.

Rita