Biographical Form; Photos; etc. Is this duplication of recently-obtained
material they already have correct? (Not to mention the duplication of
expense!)

Telman

Old Jan 22nd 2003, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

groovy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yeah...

You do not need a complete medical, only the vaccination supplement. The rest of the stuff is mostly duplicated but unfortunately you are now dealing with your local office not with one of the big centers so they want everything again... and of course we have to pay again :-)

I take it easy...

best,
groovy
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 2:10 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all
Default Re: yeah...

Originally posted by groovy
You do not need a complete medical, only the vaccination supplement. The rest of the stuff is mostly duplicated but unfortunately you are now dealing with your local office not with one of the big centers so they want everything again... and of course we have to pay again :-)

I take it easy...

best,
groovy

Dear Groovy,

what exactly is the vaccination supplement. I get the feeling that everyone has to get this signed off by an INS doctor regardless if they are a k1 recipient and have recently seen a doctor.

My fiance can't receive the varicella shot because he's had a kidney transplant. do you think this will affect our AOS application?
Why would they give him the K1 and then not approve him through the AOS, is that possible?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks,
Kat
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 2:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Caro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: yeah...

Originally posted by katnap8
Dear Groovy,

what exactly is the vaccination supplement. I get the feeling that everyone has to get this signed off by an INS doctor regardless if they are a k1 recipient and have recently seen a doctor.

My fiance can't receive the varicella shot because he's had a kidney transplant. do you think this will affect our AOS application?
Why would they give him the K1 and then not approve him through the AOS, is that possible?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks,
Kat
When you are a K1, you get the medical without the vaccination requirement. When you are not a K1 and are doing only AOS, your medical has a vaccination requirement. This is why the K1ers have to submit the vaccination requirement for AOS. I think that the vaccinations are age appropriate, and the doctor didn't give me all the shots that were on the list. Fortunately! I can not tell you about the varicella, as I had it when I was a kid and therefore didn't need it. However, I didn't have the mumps and was not required to get a shot for that [FYI: I was 25 at the time of the exam].

Hope that helps a bit,
Caroline
Old Jan 23rd 2003, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

I filed for my AOS after my wedding in September 2001. I too was confused about whether I needed another medical and what the vaccination supplement was. I called the INS and spoke to a very unhelpful person who had abosulately no idea what the vaccination supplement was! I got quite angry, telling them that somebody there should know what it is! So I basically decided to forget about it. I went to my interview and they didn't say anything about it, so that was that.

That was a year ago and it sounds like things are different now. I would be interested to hear from people who have completed the vaccination supplement. What exactly is it? I never did find out!

The duplication of information is annoying but I guess it's a good thing for the INS to have too much information rather than not enough.