Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Problem is getting worse

AOS Problem is getting worse

Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:29 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Problem is getting worse

Originally Posted by kittya2004
What is this VAWA I-360 what does it mean and where can I find it.
The attorney you're going to hire can help you with that.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:31 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: AOS Problem is getting worse

Hi Hypertweeky

I am in the USA and I have filed for AOS back in July of last year I just haven't gotten to the interview stage yet. I do have a life here I have my in laws who regardless of my hubby I think they are great i ahve my friends that I have made. It may not sound like much of a life to you but it is to me, and it is mine. By the way i took no offense to your words at all and thank you for your thoughts
Oh that makes things a little different!, I just don't want you to get hurt that's why I told you to leave!!.
Move away from him, can you do that?, If you have filed for AOS.. you don't need to be married to go to the interview, I have heard of divorce people who succeed at their AOS interview, You just have to prove that you entered marriage in good faith.
Isn't that right Mr Udall??. Or is that for the removal of conditions?
Can someone verify this information please?
I wish you nothing but the very best.. Good Luck girl
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

kittya2004 will become famous soon enough

Leslie I am trying to find one that will represent me that I can pay off as after paying him and normal everday living expenses i dnt have the money to pay someone upfront but thank you.[

QUOTE=Leslie66]The attorney you're going to hire can help you with that.[/QUOTE]
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:33 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

VAWA cases can be based on severe emotional abuse. I usually send my VAWA clients to a licensed/qualified counselor to make a diagnoses as to the effect of the abuse on the client, and summarize what has happened to him or her (yes, VAWA cases can be filed by men as well). Not saying you have a VAWA cases... how would "I" or anybody else on this forum know as none of us know enough about your situation to say one way or the other. I know it's fun to play attorney and render legal opinions about other people's options, but one is not doing anybody any favors by rendering legal advice in a knee-jerk fashion before uncovering the facts and "asking the appropriate follow up questions" first (not just relying on what someone might post about themselves).
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:34 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matthew Udall
VAWA cases can be based on severe emotional abuse. I usually send my VAWA clients to a licensed/qualified counselor to make a diagnoses as to the effect of the abuse on the client, and summarize what has happened to him or her (yes, VAWA cases can be filed by men as well). Not saying you have a VAWA cases... how would "I" or anybody else on this forum know as none of us know enough about your situation to say one way or the other. I know it's fun to play attorney and render legal opinions about other people's options, but one is not doing anybody any favors by rendering legal advice in a knee-jerk fashion before uncovering the facts and "asking the appropriate follow up questions" first (not just relying on what someone might post about themselves).
We are just trying to help Mathew
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Udall would you know of any pro bono lawyers or one I can at least pay off in the Houston area?
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:37 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
We are just trying to help Mathew
I certainly appreciate that, however what one tries to do, and what they actually do are often two different things entirely (and relates back to the whole UPL debate that has raged on in the past... something I'm not trying to dredge up again here).
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Hypertweeky I already have moved out but i fear i have only worsened my chances of AOS by doing so but I really had no choice. As for divorce I have no idea and really dnt want it to come to that as I do still love him.

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Oh that makes things a little different!, I just don't want you to get hurt that's why I told you to leave!!.
Move away from him, can you do that?, If you have filed for AOS.. you don't need to be married to go to the interview, I have heard of divorce people who succeed at their AOS interview, You just have to prove that you entered marriage in good faith.
Isn't that right Mr Udall??. Or is that for the removal of conditions?
Can someone verify this information please?
I wish you nothing but the very best.. Good Luck girl
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Does it help that I do have someone that is willing to sponsor me or is that a no go situation also?
I certainly appreciate that, however what one tries to do, and what they actually do are often two different things entirely (and relates back to the whole UPL debate that has raged on in the past... something I'm not trying to dredge up again here).
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:42 pm

Alright Mathew..
Can she succeed on her AOS interview if she is no longer married and she can prove she entered marriage in good faith?, thanks..
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Udall would you know of any pro bono lawyers or one I can at least pay off in the Houston area?
Just to clarify, Kitty. When you say 'pay off' I assume you mean 'make payments to' the person? LOL! Whenever I keep reading 'pay off' in your posts, I automatically think you are trying to find someone you can bribe. 'Pay off' kinda means you are trying to pay someone off to keep their mouth shut, or you're getting blackmailed and you pay off someone to keep quiet about it.

To potentially find a lawyer that is a memmber of AILA (American Immigration Lawyer's Association), go to the website www.aila.org . You can do a search for lawyers that are in your area. A lot of lawyers will at least give you a free/cheap first consultation.

I also wanted to tell you that abuse comes in many different forms, Kittya, not just physical abuse. If your husband tells you you are ugly and stupid everyday, treats you like a child, tries to control everything you do, and other mean, nasty things, that is abuse, just as much as physically hitting you. I went through bad stuff with my father growing up, so believe me, not all abuse will show on the outside.

Best of luck, Kitty!

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Aug 10th 2004 at 8:45 pm.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:43 pm
Banned

Does it help that I do have someone that is willing to sponsor me or is that a no go situation also?
I generally don't give "case specific" legal advice to someone when I've not had the opportunity to do a proper consultation first. I've limited my replies in this thread to general information that may or may not apply to you (and have flat out said that I haven't a clue whether or not you have a VAWA case). If you need legal advice, get a consultation from a qualified immigration attorney (and so my motives won't be questioned, you will have to call someone other than me).
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:44 pm

Hypertweeky I already have moved out but i fear i have only worsened my chances of AOS by doing so but I really had no choice. As for divorce I have no idea and really dnt want it to come to that as I do still love him.

You love him.. but he is crazy, love is blind sometimes.., sorry to tell you that!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:45 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie I am trying to find one that will represent me that I can pay off as after paying him and normal everday living expenses i dnt have the money to pay someone upfront but thank you.

]
You're welcome.

You indicated that you were going to hire an attorney, that's why I said that. You're financial situation is really none of my business.

What I should have said is ........ You are never going to get anything this complicated resolved in a newsgroup. Either find a way to hire an attorney or keep floundering around like you have since last May (or whenever) when you first posted on this very topic.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry let me clarify I had to repay my debt to him for lodgement of my AOS paperwork. I never realiased it did look like a bribe until you just pointed it out. Sorry just they way us Aussies talk lol. But thank you so much for bringing it to my attention.

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Just to clarify, Kitty. When you say 'pay off' I assume you mean 'make payments to' the person? LOL! Whenever I keep reading 'pay off' in your posts, I automatically think you are trying to find someone you can bribe. 'Pay off' kinda means you are trying to pay someone off to keep their mouth shut, or you're getting blackmailed and you pay off someone to keep quiet about it.

To potentially find a lawyer that is a memmber of AILA (American Immigration Lawyer's Association), go to the website www.aila.org . You can do a search for lawyers that are in your area. A lot of lawyers will at least give you a free/cheap first consultation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.