Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Problem is getting worse

AOS Problem is getting worse

Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

kittya2004 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: AOS Problem is getting worse

Pay off as far as an attorney means to pay in some kind of installments. Sorry again my bad.
Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
Just to clarify, Kitty. When you say 'pay off' I assume you mean 'make payments to' the person? LOL! Whenever I keep reading 'pay off' in your posts, I automatically think you are trying to find someone you can bribe. 'Pay off' kinda means you are trying to pay someone off to keep their mouth shut, or you're getting blackmailed and you pay off someone to keep quiet about it.

To potentially find a lawyer that is a memmber of AILA (American Immigration Lawyer's Association), go to the website www.aila.org . You can do a search for lawyers that are in your area. A lot of lawyers will at least give you a free/cheap first consultation.

I also wanted to tell you that abuse comes in many different forms, Kittya, not just physical abuse. If your husband tells you you are ugly and stupid everyday, treats you like a child, tries to control everything you do, and other mean, nasty things, that is abuse, just as much as physically hitting you. I went through bad stuff with my father growing up, so believe me, not all abuse will show on the outside.

Best of luck, Kitty!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:48 pm
Forum Regular

Chessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud ofChessiet has much to be proud of

All through this thread you keep saying you don't want to divorce him, that you still love him.

What exactly do you love about him?

You admit that he's verbally abusive, that he's threatened you, that he's a con artist who dodges his financial responsibilities (of which you are one, sadly). And you also said that you moved out b/c you couldn't live with him anymore.

I don't get it, and I'm TRULY trying to see any reason for you to waste any feelings of love on him.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry leslie didn't mean to keep going on. I sincerly apologise and have a great day.

Originally Posted by Leslie66
You're welcome.

You indicated that you were going to hire an attorney, that's why I said that. You're financial situation is really none of my business.

What I should have said is ........ You are never going to get anything this complicated resolved in a newsgroup. Either find a way to hire an attorney or keep floundering around like you have since last May (or whenever) when you first posted on this very topic.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

My upbringing I guess Chessiet but I know I have to let it go just the way I was bought up. I guess overall i do not want to be a disappiontment to my family

Originally Posted by Chessiet
All through this thread you keep saying you don't want to divorce him, that you still love him.

What exactly do you love about him?

You admit that he's verbally abusive, that he's threatened you, that he's a con artist who dodges his financial responsibilities (of which you are one, sadly). And you also said that you moved out b/c you couldn't live with him anymore.

I don't get it, and I'm TRULY trying to see any reason for you to waste any feelings of love on him.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:06 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittya2004
My upbringing I guess Chessiet but I know I have to let it go just the way I was bought up. I guess overall i do not want to be a disappiontment to my family

If your family loves you (I am sure they do), they will accept any decissions you make!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Crossing fingers and hoping so yet to date they have not been happy with the choices I have made lol. But thanx alot hyper.

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
If your family loves you (I am sure they do), they will accept any decissions you make!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:19 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: AOS Problem is getting worse

Crossing fingers and hoping so yet to date they have not been happy with the choices I have made lol. But thanx alot hyper.
They might not be happy but they are your family, I am sure they love you, they will support you no matter what you do (Unless it is illegal!!), I know how mom's are.. lol
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hyper no not illegal I married in good faith and I just wish I could stop dealing with all of this and actually have one day where nothing was to go wrong.

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
They might not be happy but they are your family, I am sure they love you, they will support you no matter what you do (Unless it is illegal!!), I know how mom's are.. lol
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Kittya:

Look at this page. They have 4 organizations listed for Houston.

http://www.usdoj.gov/eoir/probono/freelglchtTX.htm

Also see: http://www.usdoj.gov/eoir/statspub/r...tionroster.pdf

Good luck.

Sphy

Mr Udall would you know of any pro bono lawyers or one I can at least pay off in the Houston area?
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by sphyrapicus
Kittya:

Good luck.

Sphy
Hey Sphy!!

Long time no see!, It is nice to see you here!
I miss hi-jacking threads!!
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you sphy but I have already contacte those organizations and they dnt help pple with my kind of case. Thank you so much for the help though. I do have one that i am waiting on a call back.

Kittya:

Good luck.

Sphy
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Sorry it didn't work out. What types of cases do they take if they won't help out someone who is being emotionally abused like you??

Thank you sphy but I have already contacte those organizations and they dnt help pple with my kind of case. Thank you so much for the help though. I do have one that i am waiting on a call back.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:36 pm
Forum Regular

from what I was told mostly refugees and I was also told that if i seperated from him that my case would no longer be good with INS.

Sorry it didn't work out. What types of cases do they take if they won't help out someone who is being emotionally abused like you??
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:46 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

and I was also told that if i seperated from him that my case would no longer be good with INS.
Thats not true... study this, and see where it can apply to your case.. if at all
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/battered.htm
Old Aug 10th 2004, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Thanx again Ray I will thoroughly read through this. Alot of info to take in all at once. A gentlemen thanx

Originally Posted by ray6
Thats not true... study this, and see where it can apply to your case.. if at all
http://uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/battered.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.