Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS from Maryland to VSC and Baltimore

AOS from Maryland to VSC and Baltimore

Old Nov 17th 2003, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Gaindeh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS from Maryland to VSC and Baltimore

August 15th was the date VSC recieved it. But according to your info below, you can go to the baltimore office on or after December 2nd. That will be 90days after September 2nd. Note: From what I got from the people at the office, they don't count the exact number of days. The just take the Reciept date and add 3 months. Hence December 2nd for you. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Originally posted by eiloo
Congrats Gaindeh!

you mentioned your receipt date was August 15th... is that the date VSC put the notice on your I-797 or when it was transferred to Baltimore? My receipt date from VSC is September 2 and transferred on September 10th... the fictional timeline that the USCIS put on the first I-797 showing receipt was 80 days for EAD. By the end of this week, it will have been the full 80 days. I'm wondering if they would do anything for me or if it is only after the full 90 days of waiting as what happened for you.
Old Nov 17th 2003, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Gaindeh
August 15th was the date VSC recieved it. But according to your info below, you can go to the baltimore office on or after December 2nd. That will be 90days after September 2nd. Note: From what I got from the people at the office, they don't count the exact number of days. The just take the Reciept date and add 3 months. Hence December 2nd for you. I hope this helps. Good luck.
I see... Well then I guess I will just wait for Dec 2... since that will give me full reason to be there since it would be the 90 day period. Hopefully I won't have to go and harrass them about it.

What time do you recommend going there? How was the line up and parking?
Old Nov 18th 2003, 12:20 am
Just Joined

dano1 is an unknown quantity at this point

well after heading to baltimore in a very optimistic mood, i am slightly annoyed after a long day. we arrived right after 10 and the time stamp on the waiting number paper said 10:25. my number was about 60 after the number currently being served, and the estimated time was over 4 hours! it turned out to be not that bad, just under a 2 hour wait. when they called my number i went over and handed them a notice of action so they could get the receipt number and after looking at data on a computer screen the lady says, "oh yes we have it here". and walks away. at this point i think i am getting my card that day. she comes back in a few minutes and says that my interview letter is on the pile that will be going out within a week or two. she wouldnt give it to me then because she said the actual interview date hasnt been picked. oh well at least i know they havent forgotten about me, and maybe my visit will cause them to send out the letter soon. gaindeh you must have been lucky, congrats. eiloo i wish you better luck my man.
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:52 am
Just Joined

It is imperative that you get there before the office opens which is 7:30am. I would say at least 7am. I got there today at 7am and joined the line at around 7:15. I was in line for about 20mins. Parking at that time of the day is good. I got a nice spot right outside the office building. Instead of paying $15 for a whole day's parking, I put $2.50 in the meter and I still had 45 mins left when I got back to my car. About the line up, the earlier you get there the better you are. When I go there at 7am I got out of my car and looked at the line. There were like 10 to 15 people in line. But when I went back to my car to get my paperwork and put quaters in the meter and retuned to the line, there was at least 40 people in line. Basically everybody knows the building opns at 7:30 so if you're there earlier you get a better spot.

Finally and perhaps most important, I read dan01's reply to my posting and this is osmething I thought about his case that you guys could use. Because I went into the office before my 90 days were up, I believe that my application was not in the pile waiting to be assigned an interview date. So when I went there 4 days before the 90 days, I was not yet sceduled for an interview. I belive this is why I was granted an interview for the the 17th of November which was exactly 90 days after my reciept date. Actually it's 92 days after but the 16th was a Sunday.

So I hope this help all you guys, once again good luck. Dan01 I hop you get your interview notice in the mail soon. Take care guys.

I see... Well then I guess I will just wait for Dec 2... since that will give me full reason to be there since it would be the 90 day period. Hopefully I won't have to go and harrass them about it.

What time do you recommend going there? How was the line up and parking?
Old Nov 18th 2003, 1:55 am
Just Joined

Hey just thought I should let you know that I read you posting. I wrote a general reply to you and Elioo. I hope this helps. Good luck.

Originally posted by dano1
well after heading to baltimore in a very optimistic mood, i am slightly annoyed after a long day. we arrived right after 10 and the time stamp on the waiting number paper said 10:25. my number was about 60 after the number currently being served, and the estimated time was over 4 hours! it turned out to be not that bad, just under a 2 hour wait. when they called my number i went over and handed them a notice of action so they could get the receipt number and after looking at data on a computer screen the lady says, "oh yes we have it here". and walks away. at this point i think i am getting my card that day. she comes back in a few minutes and says that my interview letter is on the pile that will be going out within a week or two. she wouldnt give it to me then because she said the actual interview date hasnt been picked. oh well at least i know they havent forgotten about me, and maybe my visit will cause them to send out the letter soon. gaindeh you must have been lucky, congrats. eiloo i wish you better luck my man.
Old Nov 20th 2003, 1:40 am
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

Thanks for all your great responses to this thread. It is very useful to me since I've just started on this (fun(!)) journey myself. I was married on Sept 21st and finally got my paperwork together to file on Nov. 6th. I just got my NOA1 today (dated Nov17), and checked online where it said they transferred my info to Baltimore (Nov 19th). So now I play the waiting game
It is good to hear people aren't waiting eons for action, and that there are options for things like fingerprinting (I had no idea you could get this done in Wheaton! - just 10 mins from my house). One of my main concerns in the AP. I read that Baltimore requires the application to be filed in person - which I was intending to do soon since I want to go back to the UK after christmas to visit family. My predicitment is I dont want to book a ticket until I have the AP, but I guess I may need a specific date in order to GET the AP! What difference does it make to them since they can provide a "multiple entry" AP anyway? Any advice?

Thanks!

Jo

Hi All,

Heading along the AOS journey with quite a few other Marylanders... Checked on some old posts to see approximately when I would receive AP, EAD and AOS Interview. I found a good few timelines to gauge mine on. I was wondering for my benefit and the benefit of future Marylanders... those who are/have filed from MD to VSC and then on to Baltimore... if you could take a moment to post your updated timeline of mailing, NOAs, EAD letters (fingerprinting and interview), AP and AOS Interview. It would be GREATLY appreciated!!

I'll start with mine:
21-Aug-03 Mailed AOS, EAD, AP to VSC
23-Aug-03 VSC Received package at: 2:24PM
4-Sep-03 BCIS Cashed all three checks
8-Sep-03 Received all three NOAs
AOS: Processing time of: 365-540 days
EAD: Processing time of: 80 days
AP: Processing time of: 30-60 days
10-Sep-03 VSC transferred all 3 apps to the Baltimore.

Ian

P.S. If anyone wants to take a look at some pics from our wedding... http://www.geocities.com/sandraandian
Don't forget to sign the guestbook...
Old Nov 20th 2003, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

curlylocks... guess it is time for me to ring them then... My online status says Oct 30th they received my application and it still hasnt been transferred to Baltimore
Old Nov 20th 2003, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

It sounds strange that it's taken them this long. Definately give them a call - time to spend an afternoon with the phone tied to your ear! Good luck - dont forget to update us on the status.

Originally posted by leebarton
curlylocks... guess it is time for me to ring them then... My online status says Oct 30th they received my application and it still hasnt been transferred to Baltimore
Old Nov 21st 2003, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

eiloo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dano1
I received my EAD invitation today for November 25th @ 8:30AM!