k-3 worries

Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

bionut will become famous soon enoughbionut will become famous soon enough
Default k-3 worries

OK, I am really begining to worry. Everyone around us has been approved on the timeline and there are more approvals every day but still we are not. I wonder how the system of assigning numbers to the receipts works as Dadof3 had a number that looks lower than mine yet his date was several days past mine. hmmm.

bionut
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:56 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: k-3 worries

Originally posted by bionut
OK, I am really begining to worry. Everyone around us has been approved on the timeline and there are more approvals every day but still we are not. I wonder how the system of assigning numbers to the receipts works as Dadof3 had a number that looks lower than mine yet his date was several days past mine. hmmm.

bionut
Details, please...
Old Nov 21st 2003, 4:58 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bionut

Don't worry you'll be soon.

I think I saw this discussed here before and the conclusion was that the numbers didn't tell you much in that way.

I got my approval before lpdiver and my NOA was later by a day or so.

It will come. But I know the wait is horrendous.

Hang on in there.

CB

bionut
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:04 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

bionut

Bionut,
Bless your cotton socks, take a breath and relax--- soon, soon. There is not a written in stone rhyme nor reason with this whole thing-
Wishing you well sooner rather than from someone who walked in your shoes...........
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone,
This NG has been a pillar of support.
CaliBride - my NOA 1 is the same date as yours, Aug 25th, and still no approval. My husband was working on a TN visa (from Canada) in the states and after we got married we took a weekend camping trip to canada. I had no idea that our marriage changed the TN visa status but apparently the border guard was having a bad day... in any case, my husband has not been home in four months and he lost his job etc.

I did have a few minor oops on the I129F (I put N/A on questions 18 and 19 as per instructions but I also filled out the line below question 18 asking where you met. I put "Met 1998, married May 3, 2003"). I didn't think this would be a problem but it might be as there are so many approvals from dates past mine.

As I know I am surrounded with people whose situations are much more difficult than mine I do not complain, I simply sit here and worry and try to keep my chin up.

bionut
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:23 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE]Originally posted by cindyabs

PS That should have read, wishing you well sooner rather than later from someone who's walked in your shoes.

As for how much sense things make on the hither and thither thing with the dates. Take a gander at these K3 EAD NOAs we're looking at. No pattern there at all.........

Poster: 1st NOA 2nd NOA
>
>
>
> Black Label 15 July 14 Nov
>
> NYC/Cnda 18 Aug
>
> Maggs 26 Aug 14 Nov
>
> Hung Dao 29 Aug 17 Nov
>
> Venkimani 09 Sep
>
> Bree Bree 10 Sep
>
> Cacti 15 Sep
>
> rcoloyan 18 Sep

>jongsoon 23 Sep 06 Nov

> Berga 27 Sep 18 Nov
>
> Cindyabs 07 Oct
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:25 pm
Forum Regular

Now I am really curious... I wonder how the process is done. It does seem a bit unfari that those people who have been waiting the longest might be stuck in a slow pile... they should do them in order.
bionut
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:34 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone,
CaliBride - my NOA 1 is the same date as yours, Aug 25th, and still no approval. My husband was working on a TN visa (from Canada) in the states and after we got married we took a weekend camping trip to canada. I had no idea that our marriage changed the TN visa status but apparently the border guard was having a bad day... in any case, my husband has not been home in four months and he lost his job etc.

I did have a few minor oops on the I129F (I put N/A on questions 18 and 19 as per instructions but I also filled out the line below question 18 asking where you met. I put "Met 1998, married May 3, 2003"). I didn't think this would be a problem but it might be as there are so many approvals from dates past mine.

As I know I am surrounded with people whose situations are much more difficult than mine I do not complain, I simply sit here and worry and try to keep my chin up.

bionut
My sympathies go out to you bio. Just hang on in there.
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:40 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

bionut,

It would not be workable to do them strictly in order. That would mean that only 1 person could work on them, and the volume is far too much for that.

I also think that there are some things that might make it impractical to do them strictly in order for the subset of cases that are on a particular adjudicator's desk. If I understand Matt Udall's description of when a case is overdue correctly, an IBIS hit for example will cause a case to be put to the side while the hit is investigated. The petition may sooner or later be approved without an RFE and the petitioner will never know that there was the hit - they only know that their petition took longer than other petitions.

Even some things like the size or organization of the petitions to be reviewed may affect the order - a 200 pager v a 20 pager, a well organized submission v a pile of papers that need to be sorted. I am sure that the adjudicators have some amount of discretion in how they tackle the pile of cases that has been dropped on their desk.

Regards, JEff

Now I am really curious... I wonder how the process is done. It does seem a bit unfari that those people who have been waiting the longest might be stuck in a slow pile... they should do them in order.
bionut
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

speedyvespa is on a distinguished road

Thanks everyone,

bionut
That's the spirit, and I wouldn't worry too much to be honest, if your case is straightforward and it's all above board - just bemoan the fact you're taking a little longer than some (but inevitably, not as long as some others).

I can empathise with you where you talk about others having more complex cases and not complaining - I tend myself not to take solace in the fact that there's someone out there worse off than myself.....!

Good luck!
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Must be so hard for you to watch all the recent approvals being posted... I'm sorry you're still waiting. Sending lots of 'speeder upper' vibes your way! Hang in there.

Elaine
Old Nov 21st 2003, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks you guys!
I'll keep on trucking if you do

bionut
Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:07 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

bionut
Woah I miss this thread sorry!!
Bionut I know the waiting is horrendous but hey chin up! You should be getting your approval anytime soon and we will be there to Congratulate you!.
You are and lpdiver are next
Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:08 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

Originally posted by Hypertweeky

You are and lpdiver are next
lpdiver got his yesterday. So Bionut next?
Old Nov 21st 2003, 8:13 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CaliforniaBride
lpdiver got his yesterday. So Bionut next?
Really? I didn't see that thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.