AOS Issues

Old Feb 21st 2003, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Issues

We have run into a slight problem over our AOS submission. We now have 21 days left in which to submit. On the last occasion we obtained tax returns for Julie it was on a walk in basis at the local tax office. Now the procedures have changed (!) and we have to obtain them by post. It is probable (I guess) that we will receive them in time to submit with the AOS forms, but, if we dont, then we think we should submit anyway (we have the 2002 tax document). That will probably result in a RFE and delay but I dont think that is really of any great concern to us. Any thoughts?
Old Feb 21st 2003, 8:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Issues

Originally posted by abba48uk
We have run into a slight problem over our AOS submission. We now have 21 days left in which to submit. On the last occasion we obtained tax returns for Julie it was on a walk in basis at the local tax office. Now the procedures have changed (!) and we have to obtain them by post. It is probable (I guess) that we will receive them in time to submit with the AOS forms, but, if we dont, then we think we should submit anyway (we have the 2002 tax document). That will probably result in a RFE and delay but I dont think that is really of any great concern to us. Any thoughts?
Yes a delay is important to you. It might well delay your EAD or A/P. Better to delay sending for one or four days and send correct, then send incomplete and wait two weeks for a return of material and another week to remail and have them reaccept the package.

Didn't Julie make copies?

Look up the 1-800 number for IRS in the blue pages of your phone book under federal government. You can call the automated line and order the missing years. You should get them in 10 days or so.

One word of advice since you have not get filed for AOS, DO NOT send, give, or deliver anything to the INS that you have not made an exact replica of for yourself. You are now finding out the importance of never allowing an original out of your hands without having a copy made first.

If you send in a petition, do a duplicate for your, include all the supporting documentation. Why, because there will come a time in the future when you will have to refer back to it. Such is the case if you have to renew an EAD or an A/P.

Rete
Old Feb 21st 2003, 11:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazeychain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AOS Issues

Hello Abba, (and many congrats on your wedding...I've been ill and couldn't give you my best straight after)

Sean and I are in the exact same position as you and Julie. Admittedly we have been a bit too wrapped up in each other and married life - we will be submitting our papers a few days late if we can't get everything organised in the timeframe. I would say it's better (although not great) to send a complete package late than an incomplete one on time.

Take care,

Peace.

D.
Old Feb 22nd 2003, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

As it turns out the employer must keep W2's on file for 4 years. So all I had to do was get last three years copied from them. Had made several copies, but with the move, house, wedding etc, somehow couldnt find them straight off when we needed them ASAP.

Julie