Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS interview today LA office.EASY

AOS interview today LA office.EASY

Old May 9th 2001, 1:35 am
ERPA27

Hi Everyone Today we had my husband's AOS interview based on out K-1 visa. WE arrived
way too early and we were called in about 10 minutes after our appt time. We got a
very nice gentleman who stated that our interviewer was running behind and since he
saw that we were waiting so long he was helping her out. He took us back to a cubicle
where I did not see any video equipment (it said we would be taped) and after he did
the swearing in thing we sat down and he asked my husband about any past arrest, was
he ever on welfare, does he have any children, how many marriages we both had, very
low key kinda stuff. I am pregnant and he asked if we had any kids so I pointed to my
stomach and said we were working on it He took both our passports and driver's
licences and then asked for proof of marriage, so I pulled out phone bills, check
statements, credit card statements, title to the car, and after all that he said
"whoa too much stuff" so he just took a few copies and that was it! Our two year
annivessary is in two weeks so he gave my husband conditional residency stamp in the
passport, took back his EAD card and that was it. Painless, almost pleasant
experience. Elizabeth

Old May 9th 2001, 1:44 am
Caprime27

sorry about all the spelling errors I am tired

Old May 9th 2001, 2:08 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy to read your good news and to know the trip was not a health hazard and that mom and dad and baby are fine.

Way to go ... now have a healthy child and live happily ever after.

Rita
(Newsgroup Godmother I hope ;-))
Old May 9th 2001, 3:14 am
T

Well hopefully I hear about my adjustment of status soon.. It will be two years this
August for our 2nd Anniversary.. Paper work was sent in two years ago this Oct..
Hopefully all will be well..

Tim,Jennifer, Elizabeth and cranky Adrianna.. *to hot in the desert for her..pouties*

Old May 9th 2001, 3:19 am
ERPA27

Thanks Rita for the wishes!! I guess now we are free to travel and enjoy life but
first I have to give birth (which I am getting more afraid of). We are going to name
him Andrew and he may appear in this world by the end of this month. Thanks for all
your help with this whole long ordeal! Elizabeth

Old May 9th 2001, 3:31 am
T

Babies are simply amazing... We wish you well Elizabeth..

The Can/Am clan... Tim Jennifer.. Elizabeth and cranky baby Adrianna..*cause its to
damn hot in the high desert*

Old May 9th 2001, 9:44 am
Daisy

YIPEEE...congratulations!!

Daisy

>
    >
way
    >
got a
    >
    >
    >
said
    >
he
    >
have
    >
am
    >
said we
    >
and
    >
    >
he
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 9th 2001, 9:52 am
EA

Two weeks from LPR? Almost makes you want to reschedule.

Congratulations! They should all go that well.

Kirby and Esmeralda

Old May 9th 2001, 10:59 am
Rete

It was my dubious pleasure. Dubious because it was the INS and pleasure because it
was for you. We've been holding hands since the very beginning of your ordeal and I
recall many of the private conversations we had about fears and doubts and anxieties
and it is so wonderful to see how perfectly your lives have melded.

Rita who has given birth twice (both without drugs) and lived to tell about it.

>
    >
birth
    >
he may
    >
    >

Old May 13th 2001, 3:15 am
Targetmedi

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
Ours was on the 9th, with pretty much no hassles...

Frank

Old May 13th 2001, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Harry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the roughHarry is a jewel in the rough

Congrats!!!!! We still have a lot of waiting to do...I am waiting out the last (hopefully) 2 months of my divorce process then we file the I-129F, through TSC unfortunately. So we're waiting for the wait, if you like, and it can be very hard at times. Hearing about the happiness at the end of it all really makes it SO much more bearable!!! So thanks, and congrats again!!!!
-Harry