Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview Medical supplemental form

AOS Interview Medical supplemental form

Old Sep 27th 2001, 8:38 pm
Waiting

Hi, our interview is next month, but I have just recieved a new letter that says
"please bring with you to the interview the medical supplemental form, it was not in
the package."

What does this mean we need to do? I have a copy of the old form that is 2 years old.
Do I just bring the copy? Or do I need to find the previous doctor and have them sign
a new form saying the vaccinations are up to date or does the whole medical need to
be done again? I am confused by this. I thought you only had to do the medical once.

Thanks.

Old Sep 29th 2001, 3:30 pm
Ben Johnson

If this is in regards to a K-1 visa... you do not need to do the medical again.

The fact that it is two years old means nothing, as long as it was less than 1 year
old when you originally filed the AOS. The INS has the medical (it was in the
envelope collected at the POE and if they are at all concerned about it's age, they
simply need to look in the mirror.

Almost everybody gets some checklist with that included for the interview. (They use
a generic list for a lot of different filing situations)

Ben

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Oct 2nd 2001, 12:38 am
Robin

Larry (K1) and I got to our AOS interview in Louisville and everything was aokay
except there was no immunization form in his file either. He'd had everything, but
the London doc must have neglected to include it in the sealed envelope. Anyway.....
We ended up finding a civil surgeon (has to be a civil surgeon) by using an 800 phone
number supplied by our interviewer. Sent the results in 2 weeks later (at the cost of
$190!!!) and hopefully things are progressing..... Good luck, Robin