Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

trouble getting vaccination supplement only

trouble getting vaccination supplement only

Old Sep 24th 2001, 5:44 pm
Nymsa

who would've thought this'd be so difficult.

we've determined that since my husband's medical exam was in march, and our interview
is 26oct, he doesn't need another full medical. they didn't tell us that he needs the
vaccination supplement, but since that's what we're seeing everywhere, that's what
we're trying to get. he has a letter from his doctor, listing his vaccinations and
the dates, but we need one of these civil surgeons to put it on the right form.

i'm calling the doctors on the list of accepted civil surgeons that the ins sent us.
i've spoken with four so far. one can't do it in time and the other three are saying
that they don't actually do vaccination supplements only, that they don't know what
i'm talking about, that it's all or nothing, full physical and tests, blah blah blah.
i can't believe i can't get someone to give us an appointment, look at a letter, and
fill out a form. that's all we need.

if i have to, we'll make an appointment and go for the full thing, get another
exam for the hell of it. it might be the only way to get the supplement form. i
don't know.

any suggestions? anyone else run into this problem before?

--nymsa

Old Oct 2nd 2001, 12:59 am
Robin

We found out at the aos interview that Larry didn't have the correct form. Seems Dr.
Phelan in London neglected to include it in the sealed packet. We tracked down a
doctor in Ohio who did just the shots, but stuck Larry with a bill of $190 (and
duplicate immunizations, 'cause Lar couldn't show PROOF of what he'd already had (the
scars from chicken pox served as that for that one though Good luck, Robin