AOS Interview at Chula Vista (San Diego), CA

AOS Interview at Chula Vista (San Diego), CA

Old Feb 21st 2003, 1:41 am
Just Joined

laybe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AOS Interview at Chula Vista (San Diego), CA

5-02-02 filed AOS
1-23-03 AOS interview

I just came back from my AOS interview (I wrote this right after my interview, sorry for the late post). Thank you to everyone who has posted his or her interview experience here. You really helped me out! Here’s my interview experience at Chula Vista, CA. I hope some of you will find this useful.

We had 8:45AM appointment at INS in Chula Vista, CA. Since we didn’t have any information on this INS, we left little early and arrive there at 7:30AM. INS was right behind Burger King. Free parking! There were about 50 people in line. We went over to the security guard by the door, and when we showed our appointment letter, he told us to go right in. Since we wanted to eat breakfast first, we told him that we would be back. We went back at 8:15AM. We went to the window, and waited for a person in front of us to finish. They took my fingerprint, I signed a form, and they told me to just wait. We were called in around 8:45AM. Right on time! After we were sworn in under oath, we were seated. He asked for our ID. My husband showed his driver’s license, and I showed my passport. Since the name on my passport and the name on my marriage certificate are different, he told me that my name is not on our marriage certificate. My husband explained that nobody can pronounce my name in this country, so I use different first name in this country that matches my driver’s license, and our marriage certificate has AKA listed on the 2nd page. Thank God they accepted it. He went through the verification of names and birthdays etc?Eand asked me all the questions listed on the I-485 form. How could he ask those questions without laughing? Then he asked us how and when we met, how long we dated before we got married. He looked surprised when we told him that we’ve been together for 9 years before we got married. He asked us how big was our wedding. He also asked if we have any children, and if we’re planning to have children soon. Then he asked us what we have in common. We couldn’t come up with any descent answers, but he didn’t seem to mind. He asked for proof of bona fide marriage. We brought cell phone bills, proof of auto insurance, joint account, and proof health insurance. He told us that he like to see things like children’s birth certificates and joint mortgage, but what we brought were ok for now since we’ve been married for less than a year. He told me to turn in everything I received from INS. So I turned in my EAD, AP, I-94, and I-20. He stamped my passport, told us to keep all the documents that could be our proof of marriage, and gave us the form to file permanent GC in 2 years. My husband asked him what kind of documents we should collect over the next 2 years, and he told us to put my name on all the bills like gas & electric and phone bills. But best way is to have children together and file her/his birth certificate. We told him that if we win $68 million dollar on the next lotto, we would have children. Why are they pursuing us to have children? He didn’t ask for any pictures, but since we stayed up till 3AM just for this, we offered. At first, he wasn’t thrilled to hear it was digital camera print out, but he seemed to be satisfied with the quality, and he put it in our folder. He told us that now we can go to Tijuana right after this, and we were out the door.

Thank you again to everyone who helped me out!

laybe
Old Feb 21st 2003, 2:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS Interview at Chula Vista (San Diego), CA

Thanks for the report and congratulations.

I appears you got an agent with a one track mind. Not every INS officer needs you to have you have children to prove the validity of your marriage. And it is not a necessity for the removal of conditions either. Live your life the way you want and don't worry about procreating until and unless you want to.

Rete

Originally posted by laybe
5-02-02 filed AOS
1-23-03 AOS interview

I just came back from my AOS interview (I wrote this right after my interview, sorry for the late post). Thank you to everyone who has posted his or her interview experience here. You really helped me out! Here’s my interview experience at Chula Vista, CA. I hope some of you will find this useful.

We had 8:45AM appointment at INS in Chula Vista, CA. Since we didn’t have any information on this INS, we left little early and arrive there at 7:30AM. INS was right behind Burger King. Free parking! There were about 50 people in line. We went over to the security guard by the door, and when we showed our appointment letter, he told us to go right in. Since we wanted to eat breakfast first, we told him that we would be back. We went back at 8:15AM. We went to the window, and waited for a person in front of us to finish. They took my fingerprint, I signed a form, and they told me to just wait. We were called in around 8:45AM. Right on time! After we were sworn in under oath, we were seated. He asked for our ID. My husband showed his driver’s license, and I showed my passport. Since the name on my passport and the name on my marriage certificate are different, he told me that my name is not on our marriage certificate. My husband explained that nobody can pronounce my name in this country, so I use different first name in this country that matches my driver’s license, and our marriage certificate has AKA listed on the 2nd page. Thank God they accepted it. He went through the verification of names and birthdays etc?Eand asked me all the questions listed on the I-485 form. How could he ask those questions without laughing? Then he asked us how and when we met, how long we dated before we got married. He looked surprised when we told him that we’ve been together for 9 years before we got married. He asked us how big was our wedding. He also asked if we have any children, and if we’re planning to have children soon. Then he asked us what we have in common. We couldn’t come up with any descent answers, but he didn’t seem to mind. He asked for proof of bona fide marriage. We brought cell phone bills, proof of auto insurance, joint account, and proof health insurance. He told us that he like to see things like children’s birth certificates and joint mortgage, but what we brought were ok for now since we’ve been married for less than a year. He told me to turn in everything I received from INS. So I turned in my EAD, AP, I-94, and I-20. He stamped my passport, told us to keep all the documents that could be our proof of marriage, and gave us the form to file permanent GC in 2 years. My husband asked him what kind of documents we should collect over the next 2 years, and he told us to put my name on all the bills like gas & electric and phone bills. But best way is to have children together and file her/his birth certificate. We told him that if we win $68 million dollar on the next lotto, we would have children. Why are they pursuing us to have children? He didn’t ask for any pictures, but since we stayed up till 3AM just for this, we offered. At first, he wasn’t thrilled to hear it was digital camera print out, but he seemed to be satisfied with the quality, and he put it in our folder. He told us that now we can go to Tijuana right after this, and we were out the door.

Thank you again to everyone who helped me out!

laybe