Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS interview checklist: should I've gotten one?

AOS interview checklist: should I've gotten one?

Old Jan 12th 2005, 9:58 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light
Lightbulb AOS interview checklist: should I've gotten one?

From reading the experiences at Kamya I noticed lots of people said they brought to the AOS interview everything requested in the checklists they got with the interview notice.

I didn't get a checklist with my AOS interview NOA.

I don't want to be a binder-girl either, so is there a standard laundry list of documents to bring?

And is there an order for them to be placed in their 2-hole punched acco folder?
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:06 pm
waiting for 4 years

letysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really niceletysjim is just really nice
Default Re: AOS interview checklist: should I've gotten one?

Originally Posted by bequibar
From reading the experiences at Kamya I noticed lots of people said they brought to the AOS interview everything requested in the checklists they got with the interview notice.

I don't want to be a binder-girl either, so is there a standard laundry list of documents to bring?

And is there an order for them to be placed in their 2-hole punched acco folder?
Hi it is good to see you here again
we got a checklist and i emailed you and I can email you what it says on the checlist but it is all common like the papers you need for your visa in Mexico . proof that you have a relationship ,bank statements , lease agreements , letters from your emyployer and etc . copies of birth certifcates , marrige lisence , make sure you have all in english copies translated
Old Jan 12th 2005, 10:11 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Have you actually recieved your interview notice yet?

I've not read of anyone getting the checklist with an NOA, only the letter informing them of the date of their interview, (mine included).
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:12 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

we had 2 interviews scheduled (and both cancelled) but on the interview letter were lists at the bottom.. "what to bring" and "what else you should bring" I think those are the "checklists" and people seem to pile on a few more things.. isn't that the way.. and good thing, cuz' they always seem to ask for something not asked for
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:12 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
Have you actually recieved your interview notice yet?

I've not read of anyone getting the checklist with an NOA, only the letter informing them of the date of their interview, (mine included).
My original NOA had a checklist of what to bring to the interview in SF, BUT with my interview letter they listed more precisely what they wanted.
Patrick
Old Jan 12th 2005, 11:14 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hey there bequibar

If I were you I would try to get the AOS list from your local office, sometimes the requirements from one office to another are slightly different
Take care!!
Old Jan 13th 2005, 3:32 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

hey guys!

hypertweeky - yeah, good idea. actually i made an infopass appointment at my office to see if they can consolidate my daughter's file with mine so we can all have the same interview, so i'll also ask whether they have a checklist for the interview as well.

inquisitive and soulscanuck- that's what i mean, there was nothing of the sort on mine.

flyergirl - yes i have received my interview appointment notice, but no instructions like what inquisitive and soulscanuck talk about.

thanks jim!
Old Jan 14th 2005, 8:07 pm
Mh

In article <[email protected]> ,
inquisitive40 <[email protected]> wrote:
    >> Have you actually recieved your interview notice yet?
    >> I've not read of anyone getting the checklist with an NOA, only the
    >> letter informing them of the date of their interview, (mine included).
    >My original NOA had a checklist of what to bring to the interview in SF,
    >BUT with my interview letter they listed more precisely what they
    >wanted.
    >Patrick

Ah, really? That's interesting!

Can you be more specific? I got the NOA last week (for SF). Was the "more
precise" list a subset of that original list?

Also, how long from NOA to interview letter?

Thanks,
Mattias

Old Jan 15th 2005, 4:58 pm
Don't Know, Don't Care

inquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to allinquisitive40 is a name known to all

Just an overall point on the interview. Everything varies from office to office, our interviewer did not need anything from us except the up to date pay stubs and W2s and any evidence we brought to support our bone fide relationship. The interviewer had all the original copies of birth certs etc and he did not want to see any of the originals (again I would think this was a specific habit of this particular officer).

The only thing I can recommend is that you bring all the originals of everything originally that copies were submitted and then the additional documents such as rental agreements and pictures of you as a couple etc.
Something which we were not asked for BUT some have been asked for, is birth certs of all our children, both the ones that live with you and also the ones which are not immigrating.

Patrick
Old Jan 16th 2005, 6:51 am
foxy little minx

Should I fill a new g-325 to update it?