Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

any recent interviews in London - re photos

any recent interviews in London - re photos

Old Jan 15th 2005, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice
Default any recent interviews in London - re photos

Could someone clarify if photos taken at booth in a supermarket etc are adequate for the embassy or do I need to go somewhere specific to get my pics done.

I have my interview on 04 Feb and would hate to think the only thing that gives me a problem is the size of my pics

Any comments?
Old Jan 15th 2005, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

brownsnoutuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any recent interviews in London - re photos

I just had my Interview in London, and i had some 'US visa photos' done for £10. they looked pretty much the same as ours except slightly bigger - then the guy on the desk cut them down to British size passport photos and stuck them on my forms.

If i had to get more done, id probably go for the usual passport photos.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 1:51 pm
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Originally Posted by brownsnoutuk
I just had my Interview in London, and i had some 'US visa photos' done for £10. they looked pretty much the same as ours except slightly bigger - then the guy on the desk cut them down to British size passport photos and stuck them on my forms.

Thanks for that, I just went out and had some took in a regular supermarket booth. I will take those with me and if they are not adequate I am sure they will just tell me to go and get some more done in London.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

mattandtina is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by broma25
Thanks for that, I just went out and had some took in a regular supermarket booth. I will take those with me and if they are not adequate I am sure they will just tell me to go and get some more done in London.

My fiance had his done at Tesco's and they were fine. I remember reading somewhere a list of places near the embassy that did photos ( i even think the embassy provides a few places). So if worse comes to worse, you can always get them in London like you said.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 4:10 pm
Accepted Everywhere

SeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant futureSeveredNeurons has a brilliant future

So, the general consensus is that UK sized photographs are ok? There is a thread on VJ with exactly the same question asked. Most people there seem to have complied with the request from the US Embassy to have photos 2 inch x 2 inch. I'm currently in the process of having my photographs taken, so like the OP I would like clarification. I think the easiest solution would be to take both US & UK sized photographs, eliminates any problems that could occur, don't you think? However, from posts on the VJ forum it appears that the US sized photos appear slightly more expensive than their UK counterparts, but what can you do?
Old Jan 15th 2005, 4:42 pm
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future

I was told the 2x2 inch size came into effect last April. Snappy Snaps charges £10 for 2 photos, and they're located just about everywhere. Just to save any confusion, I would recommend going with the new photo specs! Besides, 2x2 inch photos are more flattering
Old Jan 15th 2005, 4:58 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mvjenno
I was told the 2x2 inch size came into effect last April. Snappy Snaps charges £10 for 2 photos, and they're located just about everywhere. Just to save any confusion, I would recommend going with the new photo specs! Besides, 2x2 inch photos are more flattering

Wheres snappy snaps in staffs?
Old Jan 15th 2005, 4:59 pm
Payed up premium member

evoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond reputeevoal2003 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems quite conclusive to me.

thanks
alan
Old Jan 15th 2005, 5:06 pm
~ Mr & Mrs ~

mvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant futuremvjenno has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by evoal2003
Wheres snappy snaps in staffs?
There isn't one in Staffs, we went to the Derby location. Here's the link of stores:

http://www.snappysnaps.co.uk/findyou...tore_page.html
Old Jan 15th 2005, 5:10 pm
Forum Regular

Theres a shop that does visa photos about 30 seconds away from the embassy. I think its on South Audley Street, literally 30 seconds walk.

Its a pharmacy/shop but does photos in the back room. price = 2 visa photos for £5.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

Theres a shop that does visa photos about 30 seconds away from the embassy. I think its on South Audley Street, literally 30 seconds walk.

Its a pharmacy/shop but does photos in the back room. price = 2 visa photos for £5.
I think I will take what I got done at the booth in Asda and if they are not correct they will send me for more and I will go to Audley Street.

It seems simple to me....unless of course I get my visa denied for the sake of a few mm's then I will be real mad at myself.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 10:31 pm
Riding The Waves

kevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant futurekevin148 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by broma25
I think I will take what I got done at the booth in Asda and if they are not correct they will send me for more and I will go to Audley Street.

It seems simple to me....unless of course I get my visa denied for the sake of a few mm's then I will be real mad at myself.
Hmmmm

I thought with the I-129F you submitted the photo's with your petition and then you didn't have to worry about any more photo's.

this mean i'm gonna have to do them AGAIN when I finally get an interview date???
Old Jan 16th 2005, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kevin148
Hmmmm

I thought with the I-129F you submitted the photo's with your petition and then you didn't have to worry about any more photo's.

this mean i'm gonna have to do them AGAIN when I finally get an interview date???
You do submit two photos with the I-129F package, one of each of you behind youe biographical data forms.

However, you need 2 more photos for the US Embassy, and another photo for the Medical. So 3 in total.
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:44 am
Livin' in America

Bigted1963 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview on Monday last week and was told by the people in Dr. Phelans surgery that the UK passport ones were not ok, although they accepted my UK passport sized one but i got worried so i went and had some taken at the place they recommend and they cost you six pounds for 2 and you wait 2 minutes for them.

HOWEVER, when i got to the embassy the man behind the counter told me that the UK ONES ARE OK to use.

Good luck to you when you go for your interview.

Mark
Old Jan 16th 2005, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Bigted1963
I had my interview on Monday last week and was told by the people in Dr. Phelans surgery that the UK passport ones were not ok, although they accepted my UK passport sized one but i got worried so i went and had some taken at the place they recommend and they cost you six pounds for 2 and you wait 2 minutes for them.

HOWEVER, when i got to the embassy the man behind the counter told me that the UK ONES ARE OK to use.

Good luck to you when you go for your interview.

Mark
Thanks for that Mark, that has put my mind at rest. I will go out and get more only if requested to do so by the embassy.