Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

AOS Appt Question....evidence of relationship, LA office

AOS Appt Question....evidence of relationship, LA office

Old Apr 30th 2001, 3:26 am
ERPA27

Hi We have our AOS interview at the LA office in about two weeks and we are getting
all the paper work together. My question is in gathering the "proof" of the
relationship how far back should you go in collecting bills etc? I just copied the
most recent power and phone bill, the last three months joint checking account
statements, and joint visa bills dating back to 99. I also copied the pink slip to
the car. Is that enough or do we need more? Also the pictures they are requesting of
a "shared life" do they want copies? I was just going to bring a few albums; wedding,
trips etc. Any advice would be helpful. THANKS!!! Elizabeth

Old Apr 30th 2001, 4:26 am
Lauri

Sounds like you have plenty of evidence. If you want to add more, do you have joint
health care? Or you could also add a few relationship affidavits signed by friends or
family. As far as the photos go, the officer may want a few copies, usually one or
two from the wedding album.

in article [email protected], ERPA27 at [email protected]
wrote on 4/29/01 8:26 PM:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 30th 2001, 2:48 pm
mj

Go back to April 25 and read "AOS in LA Success!!" during which Casey described in
good detail the proof of relationship, including a comparison of house keys, during
their successful AOS interview. Mike

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Apr 30th 2001, 10:33 pm
Rete

Plus the fact that you are due to deliver that little one in 6 weeks is good proof of
a healthy marriage.

Rita

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
"proof"
    >
I just
    >
    >
also
    >
Also the
    >
was
    >
    >
    >

Old May 1st 2001, 4:43 am
ERPA27

WE have joint helathcare I thought just bringing the cards would be good enough?>
sounds like you have plenty of evidence. If you want to add more, do you
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
[usenetquote2]>> Hi We have our AOS interview at the LA office in about two weeks and we are[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> getting all the paper work together. My question is in gathering the[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> of the relationship how far back should you go in collecting bills etc? I just[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> copied the most recent power and phone bill, the last three months joint checking[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> account statements, and joint visa bills dating back to 99. I[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> copied the pink slip to the car. Is that enough or do we need more? Also[/usenetquote2]
    >
[usenetquote2]>> pictures they are requesting of a "shared life" do they want copies? I was just[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> going to bring a few albums; wedding, trips etc. Any advice would be helpful.[/usenetquote2]
[usenetquote2]>> THANKS!!! Elizabeth[/usenetquote2]
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old May 14th 2001, 3:21 am
Targetmedi

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

We did ours last week-we brought bank statements, joint tax returns, wedding
pictures, any statements you have with both your names on it (health insurance, car
loans, auto insurance, credit card statements) and in our case, our 10 month old
daughter in daddy's arms

A good one is the title to your house or condo with both your names on it-also any
life or other insurance documents naming your spouse as beneficiary.

Frank