AOS approved: Memphis

Old Aug 16th 2005, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Susie is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile AOS approved: Memphis

Hi there.... Just wanted to let everyone know that we had our AOS in Memphis last week and I received my IR6 10 year 'green card' yesterday!

I want to thank everyone on this board for all the help over the last 3 years... to say I was overprepared for the interview was an understatement! The officer must've laughed to himself when he saw me walk in with 2 file folder carrying cases and a photo album.... especially when the only thing he asked for was: to see our passports, my license, a copy of my daughters birth certificate (she's one and a half) and my husbands current w-2's.

I offered our new I-864 because I had one but I don't think he would've asked for it. The whole interview lasted less than 5 minutes... I can't remember his name but he was VERY nice and friendly. When we walked out it felt so strange that this was the culmination of our long 3 year journey.

Anyway, just wanted to share our experience and will be posting at Kamya also.

Take care!

Susie

P.S. USCIS Memphis will be moving to their new location any day.... we were at the old location (Sycamore View Rd) but their new offices are at Virginia Run Cove.... in case anyone was confused by seeing 2 addresses floating around.

TIMELINE:

June 2002 - Married in Niagara Falls, Ontario
Sept 2002 - Filed I-130
Sept 2002 - Filed I-129
Dec 2002 - I-129 approved
Feb 2003 - Received K-3 Visa (Vancouver Consulate)
June 2004 - I-130 approved (approval req'd b4 filing AOS in Memphis)
August 2004 - Filed AOS (Memphis)
August 2005 - AOS approved, received 10 yr GC (IR6)

Last edited by Susie; Aug 16th 2005 at 2:05 pm.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:00 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS approved: Memphis

Congratulations, Susie!

Originally Posted by Susie
Hi there.... Just wanted to let everyone know that we had our AOS in Memphis last week and I received my IR6 10 year 'green card' yesterday!

I want to thank everyone on this board for all the help over the last 3 years... to say I was overprepared for the interview was an understatement! The officer must've laughed to himself when he saw me walk in with 2 file folder carrying cases and a photo album.... especially when the only thing he asked for was my daughters birth certificate (she's one and a half) and my husbands current w-2's.

I offered our new I-864 because I had one but I don't think he would've asked for it. The whole interview lasted less than 5 minutes... I can't remember his name but he was VERY nice and friendly. When we walked out it felt so strange that this was the culmination of our long 3 year journey.

Anyway, just wanted to share our experience and will be posting at Kamya also.

Take care!

Susie

P.S. USCIS Memphis will be moving to their new location any day.... we were at the old location (Sycamore View Rd) but their new offices are at Virginia Run Cove.... in case anyone was confused by seeing 2 addresses floating around.

TIMELINE:

Sept 2002 - Filed I-130
Sept 2002 - Filed I-129
Old Aug 16th 2005, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

mike2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
Congratulations, Susie!

Congratulation. Get some good rest for at least 2 years & 9 months w/o worrying about CIS.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 4:35 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!!

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:17 pm
Sarah's Hubby

jjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to alljjw152 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Congratulations!!

Rene

Congratulations ! I'm gearing up for me and my UKC wifes AOS in a few weeks, so its encouraging to read about sucess stories like these.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 8:52 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Susie
TIMELINE:

Sept 2002 - Filed I-130
Sept 2002 - Filed I-129
Congratulations Susie!
Man, what a timeline.. I feel luckier every day.

Congrats again on your success.. I hope we see you in the Natz line soon
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:03 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!

Originally Posted by mike2005
Congratulation. Get some good rest for at least 2 years & 9 months w/o worrying about CIS.
I don't think she needs to worry that soon because she said she got the 10-year GC.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steffi
I don't think she needs to worry that soon because she said she got the 10-year GC.
True, but I think he was referring to applying for citizenship

Rene
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:13 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
True, but I think he was referring to applying for citizenship
Ahhhhhhh.

Well in that case...!

So you can get citizenship 3 years after GC? Sorry, my brain isn't thinking that far yet! *L*
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by Steffi
Ahhhhhhh.

Well in that case...!

So you can get citizenship 3 years after GC? Sorry, my brain isn't thinking that far yet! *L*
Yes, you can apply 3 years after GC, as long as you meet all the other requirements as well.

Rene