Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Atlanta AOS past my date....what to do?

Atlanta AOS past my date....what to do?

Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:25 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Atlanta AOS past my date....what to do?

I just checked the USCIS website and it says that they're currently working on November 19th 2003 for Atlanta AOS. My date is October 23rd 2003, so almost 30 days overdue. I received a letter asking me to get my biometrics done for my AOS, but I never received an interview letter yet or anything. Should I make an InfoPass appointment since I'm pretty much past due? Or should I take the biometrics as a sign that things are moving? But if so I'm wondering what exactly the biometrics means in context with when the interview may happen. I'm just getting a little frustrated and am not sure what to make of it all or where to go from here.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Atlanta AOS past my date....what to do?

There is IMOP no correlation between bios and timing of the AOS. In other words you can't say that if you go for bios then the AOS will be scheduled within three months.

If you are truly anxious and have the time make an Infopass appointment but be prepared to learn nothing much. Or contact a helpful political rep (if there is one in your area) who can make an inquiry for you.

Note, however, you are not overdue by a long shot. Less than 30 days and we all know that the timelines are only generalizations.

Originally Posted by Steffi
I just checked the USCIS website and it says that they're currently working on November 19th 2003 for Atlanta AOS. My date is October 23rd 2003, so almost 30 days overdue. I received a letter asking me to get my biometrics done for my AOS, but I never received an interview letter yet or anything. Should I make an InfoPass appointment since I'm pretty much past due? Or should I take the biometrics as a sign that things are moving? But if so I'm wondering what exactly the biometrics means in context with when the interview may happen. I'm just getting a little frustrated and am not sure what to make of it all or where to go from here.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 10:50 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
There is IMOP no correlation between bios and timing of the AOS. In other words you can't say that if you go for bios then the AOS will be scheduled within three months.

If you are truly anxious and have the time make an Infopass appointment but be prepared to learn nothing much. Or contact a helpful political rep (if there is one in your area) who can make an inquiry for you.

Note, however, you are not overdue by a long shot. Less than 30 days and we all know that the timelines are only generalizations.
I am getting a little anxious. For one because a good number of people that are half a year ahead of me are getting their interviews. Secondly because before long I'll have to renew my EAD again and obviously I'd love to be able to go without that. And I guess thirdly because well....how can you not be anxious to get it. I just wish I knew what the hold up is.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:05 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Steffi
Steffi:

They ARE working on your case. Didn't you get a biometrics appointment? The working date cut-offs are not "interviews".
Old Aug 16th 2005, 11:14 pm
K1 via London

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Steffi:

They ARE working on your case. Didn't you get a biometrics appointment? The working date cut-offs are not "interviews".
Rete seemed to think that getting the biometric appointment doesn't have anything to do with when the interview may happen. Do you have any input on that?

I realize that the working day cut-offs aren't actual interviews, but I sort of assumed that it meant that they're now sending off letters regarding interview appointments for those dates?