AOS = New Orleans

Old Feb 7th 2001, 10:55 pm
Timelord

Well today Feb 7th 2001 was the date for our Adjustment Of Status interview in New Orleans
INS Office.

We arrived an hour before our scheduled time, we were concerned about the traffic hehe.

We were third in the queue for our interview. The first group in didn't come back out for
almost an hour and we wondered what sort of questions they must have been asked and what
were we in for.

The next couple went in and they were out in around 15 - 20 minutes. We guessed that they
didn't get it because they had to ask for new forms.

When we got in the lady fingerprinted me straight away and asked me to sign a form,
front and back. We proceeded to her office where we took the oath and she asked for our
proof. All we took was a few photos, bank statement and warranty deed for the house. She
also wanted I-94, my work authorization card, letters from our employers. She required
nothing else.

She asked us a few questions about where we got married , but that was it. We were not
required to have a medical. She said my immunizations were already upto date.

She stamped my passport and asked us to read the letter and sign it. It told us to file
for the conditional residency to be taken off 90 days before the expiry date. She also
mentioned that the green card will take around 6 - 12 months to arrive. My stamp on the
passport was dated for a year.

The whole process took 10 minutes, we were in and out so quickly we couldn't believe it.
It took approximately 1 year and 1 month from sending in the paperwork to getting
conditional permanent residency.

The woman at the counter said that its taking 18 months at the moment.

yippee...........

Old Feb 8th 2001, 11:55 am
Andy Platt

Congrats - it certainly seems that a.v.u.m-u members are just "better prepared"! We should
get a discount (or at very least be processed expeditiously)

Andy.

--
I'm not really here - it's just your warped imagination.

> Well today Feb 7th 2001 was the date for our Adjustment Of Status
interview
> in New Orleans INS Office.
>
> We arrived an hour before our scheduled time, we were concerned about the traffic hehe.
>
> We were third in the queue for our interview. The first group in didn't
come
> back out for almost an hour and we wondered what sort of questions they
must
> have been asked and what were we in for.
>
> The next couple went in and they were out in around 15 - 20 minutes. We guessed that
> they didn't get it because they had to ask for new forms.
>
> When we got in the lady fingerprinted me straight away and asked me to
sign
> a form, front and back. We proceeded to her office where we took the oath and she asked
> for our proof. All we took was a few photos, bank statement and warranty deed for the
> house. She also wanted I-94, my work authorization card, letters from our employers. She
> required nothing else.
>
> She asked us a few questions about where we got married , but that was it. We were not
> required to have a medical. She said my immunizations were already upto date.
>
> She stamped my passport and asked us to read the letter and sign it. It
told
> us to file for the conditional residency to be taken off 90 days before
the
> expiry date. She also mentioned that the green card will take around 6 -
> months to arrive. My stamp on the passport was dated for a year.
>
> The whole process took 10 minutes, we were in and out so quickly we
couldn't
> believe it. It took approximately 1 year and 1 month from sending in the paperwork to
> getting conditional permanent residency.
>
> The woman at the counter said that its taking 18 months at the moment.
>
> yippee...........