Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone used a K1/K3 Visa Do-It-Yourself Kit?

Anyone used a K1/K3 Visa Do-It-Yourself Kit?

Old Mar 10th 2003, 6:05 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone used a K1/K3 Visa Do-It-Yourself Kit?

I have seen several people commenting on using a lawyer or immigration attorney to assist them with the K1/K3 process. In reading most peoples comments, I have always felt that it is not. I myself did not use one when I filled out my I-129F. I believe that as long as one can follow directions and pay attention to detail that they can do it. Also helps to have Maria around

My questions though is has anyone used any of the K1/K3 do-it-yourself kits. I have already done the I-129F but thought that in my spare time, (Have lots of it) that I would get to know more about the next phase. Maybe even double check myself on the I-129f. Has anyone actually used one of the kits available. Is one better than the other. I have found that there are a few priced around $60 by using google and searching for K1 Visa Kit. There is also a nice looking one on Ebay for $25. I would appreciate it if anyone can comment on if they are useful or not. If not, then how about some good lawyer jokes?

Scott
Old Mar 10th 2003, 6:07 pm
Scott and Nanette

Default Whoops?

Sorry about the mixup. For those who know me, my fiancees name is Nanette. Maria is a moderator in a Filipino forum that always offer great advise Could have been in big trouble there....

Scott
Old Mar 10th 2003, 7:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used a K1/K3 Visa Do-It-Yourself Kit?

Why pay for a kit when the form is free at the BCIS website and there are excellent resources for completion of the I-129F and G-325A and what comes after

http://www.txdirect.net/users/mike38/k1faq.htm

http://k1.exit.com/

Rete

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
I have seen several people commenting on using a lawyer or immigration attorney to assist them with the K1/K3 process. In reading most peoples comments, I have always felt that it is not. I myself did not use one when I filled out my I-129F. I believe that as long as one can follow directions and pay attention to detail that they can do it. Also helps to have Maria around

My questions though is has anyone used any of the K1/K3 do-it-yourself kits. I have already done the I-129F but thought that in my spare time, (Have lots of it) that I would get to know more about the next phase. Maybe even double check myself on the I-129f. Has anyone actually used one of the kits available. Is one better than the other. I have found that there are a few priced around $60 by using google and searching for K1 Visa Kit. There is also a nice looking one on Ebay for $25. I would appreciate it if anyone can comment on if they are useful or not. If not, then how about some good lawyer jokes?

Scott
Old Mar 10th 2003, 8:13 pm
Scott and Nanette

Great links! Thanks for posting those, a lot a valuable info

Scott
Old Mar 10th 2003, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

claudia13839 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
Great links! Thanks for posting those, a lot a valuable info

Scott

I did not use a kit. I guess I just went with the flow!!! =-)
But of all things, this NG has been my greatest help.
Thank you all.

~Claudia