Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

doblepat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Originally posted by jcapulet
Is that the same as voice chat on yahoo?
We use yahoo msn to talk everyday at hour special time, using the webcam and voice service. Sometimes we use the Messenger Hotmail's voice because is bidirectional and it is the same as talk as a phone, but yahoo messenger in unidiretional voice so you have to stop talking when the other person is talking... but in yahoo you can make voice and webcam conference, with messenger hotmail is impossible to do voice conference... So, yahoo is good for us in one way but bad in another, and happen the same with hotmail. We dont use another chat severs.

We have been in touch by 9 month in this way... I LOVE INTERNET.... at least I feel we are lucky because we can talk and see eachother every single day.

2Pat
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

makkabokka is an unknown quantity at this point

I met my soon to be wife online in March 2001, met her personally on 9th sept 2002 and iam getting marired to her on 28th feb 2004 in california !!!!
Old Jan 8th 2004, 3:57 am
Just Joined

tangodancer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep, I met my wife on-line in August 2000, got married in June 2002 and we have our AOS interview today (wish us luck!).

We had the advantage of my already being in the US at the time, I am glad I didn't have to go through all that K-visa nonsense.

Meeting online is a great way to start, I think.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Well, sorta. I had posted my profile on the DreamMates web site and so had Elena. While browsing one day I saw her profile and sent her a message with my email address and phone number in it. She called me, we set up a time and place to meet and that was how it started.

We've been back to the Starbucks where we had coffee several times... hallowed ground ;^). And Starbucks is our favorite coffee hangout today. Corny... but true.

Richard III

Originally posted by Winston Castro
I did, just curious if there are any others out there...

We met in person in May and I filed for our K1 in October. Looks like
we have 3-4 more months to wait, it has been received at the Texas
Service Center.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 6:39 am
Forum Regular

natalija is an unknown quantity at this point

It was interesting for me to read about the telephone bills and callings every day. I do not think I love my fiancee less or he does than anyone here on the board, but we were talking on the phone once a week for two hours, and the other days corresponded by e-mail.Our visa process took 1 year. Certainly we wanted to spend more time with each other, but we both were busy with different other things we had to do, and also we knew that we needed money to spend for more important things in future, such as wedding, honeymoon and other expences.
Sometimes we spoke to each other on the phone twice a week if there was important information about the visa process or sometimes he called just because he wanted share with me some things and so on. But speak on the phone every day for such money!
Really people are so different from each other on the earth!:-))
Natalija

Originally posted by CharlieS
I'm trying to figure out how your bills are so high.
We talk everyday, and for at least an hour. Sandy uses a calling card from www.pinzoo.com and I use goold ol' post office calling cards.
I reckon we spend about $150 a month tops. (couldnt find the pound key on this damn American laptop)
Old Jan 8th 2004, 6:52 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Yep, I agree the internet makes communication daily much easier. Saying that we speak once a day on messenger which we have a webcam setup on, and once a day on the phone.
Hey James!!!

I love your timeline!!! You are one of us now! (The smiley club )
Old Jan 8th 2004, 6:55 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by utopiacowboy
I live in a very remote rural area of Texas close to the Mexican border and since single women are few and far between, I thought I might meet a single Mexican woman from a relatively nearby city on one of the Latin dating sites.

One day I was perusing the new profiles when I saw a face. I cannot say what it was about her but I felt that I knew this person the moment that I saw her. Then I found that she was from Colombia and spoke no English. I resolved to forget about her but I could not - over and over I heard her name in my mind as though someone or something would not let me forget her. So I decided to piece together some Spanish and write her. In the weeks that followed, we exchanged many letters and I seriously began to study Spanish so that I could communicate with her. For me, Spanish will always be mi idioma del amor.

When I saw her in the webcam on Yahoo the first time I knew that I was looking at the face of my future wife. A month later when we met in person for the first time, we both knew that we never wanted to be parted from each other. It was as though we had always known each other and even though we had to communicate in Spanish, we rarely had problems understanding one another.

Now, after having been married three months and continuing our online relationship along with periodic visits, we are more in love than ever. And nothing, not even the USCIS, will ever change this. If I have to live the rest of my life in Colombia and confront the perils of kidnapping and violence, I will. I love you, Gina.

Oh my!!! That was so sweet!!!
Thanks for sharing!!
I agree with you.. Spanish is the love language
Old Jan 8th 2004, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Spaminette is an unknown quantity at this point

It's really great to see so many success stories of love working out after meeting online.

I met my fiance through the now defunct 'Spark Match'. Although I wasn't really looking for more than friendship, we talked for nearly a year online and on the phone on the odd occasion before we even thought about meeting.

Suddenly an opportunity arose for me to visit California thanks to the Daily Mail running a cheap flights offer. I went for 3 weeks and stayed for 8

This was in 2002. Since then I have visited three more times, each time for nearly a month. It's a wonderful thing and I am very lucky. We may be apart at the moment undergoing the fiance visa process, but it will all be worth it in the end.

Fingers crossed for everyone in the same position.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 9:21 am

Originally posted by TweekysLove
I use www.noblecom.com for my calling cards might try and compare prices I am pleased with it.. I was using calling cards from 7-11 at first and that got too expensive lol.. We use yahoo once and a while but I would rather pay for the calling card and talk on the phone everynight.. We usually spend about a hour on the phone each day and e-mail everynight.. Just curious on how much other people talk being apart??
Hey baby!!

I love you!!!
Update your timeline!!
Old Jan 8th 2004, 10:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

TweekysLove -

Elena and I talked twice a week on the phone (for 15 months!!). The connections were often so bad that we could hardly hear one another - bummer. We tried phone cards and AT&T long distance. AT&T was ALWAYS better, but it cost four times as much. Even then, sometimes it wasn't so good. The telephone infrastructure when you get out of Moscow or St. Petersburg is just awful. I hope Spain is better.

Richard III

Originally posted by TweekysLove
I use www.noblecom.com for my calling cards might try and compare prices I am pleased with it.. I was using calling cards from 7-11 at first and that got too expensive lol.. We use yahoo once and a while but I would rather pay for the calling card and talk on the phone everynight.. We usually spend about a hour on the phone each day and e-mail everynight.. Just curious on how much other people talk being apart??
Old Jan 8th 2004, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

rzack is an unknown quantity at this point

September 2002 - met online chat

September 2002 - visited my 'hubby' at Korea (he stationed there), I'm from another asian country. We knew immediately we made for each other.

October 2002 - He got ordered to do his surgery (due to an accident while at work in Korea) to Washington, called me and said "Honey...get a visa". The original planned was he came down to my country and we got married there. Due to this new condition - I have to think to leave my wonderful and superb job, my new brand house, my car and family.

October 2002 - Because of LOVE and TRUST, I applied the visa, put a resignation letter for one month notice. My visa approved after 10 days.

December 2002 - Arrived at Dulles Airport.

Ist January 2003 - He proposed at 12:00 pm. I was shocked and speechless and of course I say YES.

4th April 2003 - Married

Now - Trying to make baby

My husband mean a world to me and I couldn't ask for more.

Last edited by rzack; Jan 8th 2004 at 10:42 am.
Old Jan 8th 2004, 11:13 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steffi
Don't worry Rene, I got your back with the "didn't-meet-online" minority group. *L*
Hey Steffi
I'm in the minority group too! I seriously feel like the 'one in ten' that politicians usually talk about!
I met Jeff at a Camp for seniors in PA when I was over on a camp america working summer program which I did because I wanted to go and figure out what to do with my life. Jeff asked me to hold a door open for him one day at work (he had his hands full) and that was it!
Lets wave the flag for the non-online fiancee's!

Sarah
Old Jan 8th 2004, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

TweekysLove is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Richard III
TweekysLove -

Elena and I talked twice a week on the phone (for 15 months!!). The connections were often so bad that we could hardly hear one another - bummer. We tried phone cards and AT&T long distance. AT&T was ALWAYS better, but it cost four times as much. Even then, sometimes it wasn't so good. The telephone infrastructure when you get out of Moscow or St. Petersburg is just awful. I hope Spain is better.

Richard III
Yeah the connection is usually great the main problem is the wifes phone lol she needs a new battery it hangs up and she has to use the regular one.. Her mom sleeps in the living room so she can't talk loud when she isnt on the cordless.. I would go nuts if we didnt have a calling card but almost done so the cards are going to get way cheaper lol just need it for her to call home once she gets here.. I get 8 hours and 20 minutes for $22.00 and I use the same card to call my buddy in Ireland once and a while..
Old Jan 9th 2004, 12:21 am
Jadm

Winston Castro <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>. ..
    > I did, just curious if there are any others out there...
    >
    > We met in person in May and I filed for our K1 in October. Looks like
    > we have 3-4 more months to wait, it has been received at the Texas
    > Service Center.

My UK spouse and I (USC) met online yes, married and we are still
together 4 yrs later! :P

Old Jan 9th 2004, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

sparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond reputesparkler has a reputation beyond repute

We met online and it surprised me how easy it is to get to know someone well when you are both honest with each other. Yes, you don't see how each other is in day-to-day situations, but you can adjust to the other person when you settle down with them. Even when we go through the conventional dating process, we still find out new things about the other person after we're married. If we have a great thing going, leaving the top off the toothpaste tube is the last thing that's going to bug me!

We both knew what we were looking for in a person and we have found it. When we're talking online there are no other distractions going on around us, which is great for developing a relationship.
sparkler.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.