Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Old Jan 7th 2004, 5:16 am
Forum Regular

AdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura aboutAdiaStar has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Originally posted by Winston Castro
I did, just curious if there are any others out there...

We met in person in May and I filed for our K1 in October. Looks like
we have 3-4 more months to wait, it has been received at the Texas
Service Center.
Angelus71 and I met online. I went searching for a cookie recipe that led me to a site where I "met" Angelus71. Started off just PMing each other every few days, then exchanged email addresses, which led to phone calls, and once the phone calls started everything came out, feelings and what nots. We decided he would come to NYC. I was so nervous that day and even waiting at the airport my stomach was flipping, I thought I was going to have an anxiety attack! But when I saw his luggage(he told me he would put a particular color ribbon on it) and then saw him, that nervousness was just gone. Then this calm just came over me.

People look at you strange when you tell them that you met on the internet. But it works if both parties are honest from the beginning. My best friend met her husband online and my sisters friend met her fiance online. I really think it's more and more common.
Well I rambled on.

Take Care,
AdiaStar
Old Jan 7th 2004, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

leebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really niceleebarton is just really nice

I met my wife online - we play the same online role playing game (Asherons Call)

We knew each other to say hi to ingame for about a year, then one day started chatting around last October (Oct 2002 that is!!).

She was in Paris in December so I flew over from the UK and met her and there was such a huge spark everyone there could see it from a mile away =)

I flew out to see her in Jan/Mar/May and moved out here in August.. married on October 12th last year =)
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

Trinity is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Noorah101
Nope! I must be part of the minority here. LOL I met my fiance in person while I was on vacation in Turkey.
Me too! I actually met my husband in my home town even. But from the moment I met him, nationality aside, people like him dont exist here. He was the perfect match for everything I had ever wanted from a mate. When he returned to the UK, we did keep in touch via webcams and the phone though. I think during that period I must have only slept three hours a night because of the time difference!

My best friend did meet his fiance on the internet though, so I absolutely believe its possible!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 7:31 am
won't be long now!

SidAngelika is an unknown quantity at this point

Sid and I met online......I was planning to go to a "divorced room" but got into a "Native American" chat room instead. My internet connection was so slow and I typed a "hello, I am from Germany". He answered it was ok and asked questions about my home country....thats how it all started. Physically we met after more than 6 months of daily online contact. Our marriage happened 5 months after my first visit to meet him. I went there 3 times (within 6 months...on VWP), he will be in Germany in a few weeks, his 3rd time within 6 months.
I have learned a lot about his beautiful personality...online and in person. He is always there for me, reliable, witty and humourous. When we finally met....I thought he was even better (concerning looks, his charming ways ....) than I had ever imagined.....a breathtaking event and surprise.
As a mature (by age and experience) bi-national couple.....where would we have met otherwise?
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

I met my hubby online ... my teenage son called me through to his room coz he'd found a room on ICQ/IRC called "aaaaalwayshorny" ... anyways sat and watched for a while then joined in ..... few months later (Oct 2000) met Ed and the rest is history

Jan
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:22 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Service Center.
My hubby and I did not meet online, but if it weren't for the internet and the phone cards we would have gone bonkers!!!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:27 am
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

We sort of did.

We were both members of a message board (not unlike this one, but travel-related) and knew each other as friends. We liked movies, discussed similar topics and had a friendly banter going on.

In one meetup, where several of us from that board attended, we clicked immediately and started dating.

Our online relationship was not a romantic one, but we probably would've never met in person or begun dating were it not for our friendship on that website. It was a very welcome concept to match the attractive person with the fantastic chemistry in person, with the online username that was so familiar and friendly:
"Hey bequibar, nice to finally meet you! I'm The_Newt."
"YOU are The_Newt??? Well, let me come right over and sit by you then!"
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

trasmus will become famous soon enoughtrasmus will become famous soon enough

Service Center.

I met my hubby online almost 7 years ago in a chatroom on MIRC. We chatted online for 1 year and decided that we must meet each other. We both knew that we were tailor made for each other since we had similar personalities and interests. We met in July of '98 and we have been together ever since, minus the time we spent in seperate countries waiting on immigration to come through. After many Chats, Phonecalls, Emails, Filed forms, Bucks paid, Immigration hoops & hurdles, and Hours standing in line at our local USCIS office, here we are together and hopefully free of USCIS for the next 10 years.

trasmus

Last edited by trasmus; Jan 7th 2004 at 10:50 am.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by sibsie
My record phone bill for one month was €1200. He doesn't have sound on his laptop so we rely on phones a lot.
At €1200 per month, you could buy him several new laptops with sound!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:49 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Or have him fly over for weekends

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
At €1200 per month, you could buy him several new laptops with sound!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

natalija is an unknown quantity at this point

I and my American husband met on-line. I think it is one of the best ways to develope relationship in this busy modern world. Also I think it is also very practical, because you have huge amount of possibilities to meet the person you are seeking for, because you can correspond with all the world!:-))
Natalija

Service Center.
Nata
Old Jan 7th 2004, 10:54 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Sandy and I met in a quaint little Mexican restaurant in the town where she lives, but oh thank god for the internet.
We talk daily on the phone also, thank heavens for cheap phone cards too.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 11:00 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS
Or have him fly over for weekends
I know. It's totally ridiculous. That particular month I didn't have a calling plan for the internet. But I'm blaming him totally as I spend most of the time emailing and instant messaging. I've managed to get the phone bill down to about €600 a month which is a massive improvement but still not great.

I hate to think of the amount of money it's cost us both to be involved LD.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 11:06 am
Charlie Tuna

I'm trying to figure out how your bills are so high.
We talk everyday, and for at least an hour. Sandy uses a calling card from www.pinzoo.com and I use goold ol' post office calling cards.
I reckon we spend about $150 a month tops. (couldnt find the pound key on this damn American laptop)
Old Jan 7th 2004, 11:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

CharlieS .. Alt 0163 should give you a £ !!

ohh and we used www.realphonecards.com ... could've done with shares in em we spent $$$

Jan

Originally posted by CharlieS
I'm trying to figure out how your bills are so high.
We talk everyday, and for at least an hour. Sandy uses a calling card from www.pinzoo.com and I use goold ol' post office calling cards.
I reckon we spend about $150 a month tops. (couldnt find the pound key on this damn American laptop)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.