Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:42 am
Winston Castro

Default Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

I did, just curious if there are any others out there...

We met in person in May and I filed for our K1 in October. Looks like
we have 3-4 more months to wait, it has been received at the Texas
Service Center.

Old Jan 7th 2004, 12:58 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone meet there spouse or fiance online?

Originally posted by Winston Castro

Service Center.
Yes, absolutely. I am of the opinion that if both people are genuine, an online meeting and relationship (prior, of course to meeting face to face, very important!) can pull two people closer together right from the start. If all works well, you have *words* and expressions of ideas only to deal with, and that can be an amazing catalyst (IF the two people are honest with themselves and one another, not misrespresenting anything) for a close and extremely intimate relationship from the start.

It may complicate things when meeting in person,and may lead to feelings of "omg, where's my keyboard, I have to type! or where's my phone, I have to hear his voice only!" but this fades over time as the couple spends more in person time together and learns to sensorily take in all those signals that may be missing during an online relationship.

I believe in my heart that what I have with Mr. Pink was so much deeper from the start BECAUSE of the way we met and that we'll need to work hard to keep building on that once he's here with me in person for good. Love him to death, and I wish you luck. You're not a freak, there are plenty of us online specimens.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (issued his K1 today)
Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:05 am
Forum Regular

grioghair is an unknown quantity at this point

Service Center.
I met my wife online - that anniversary is coming up for six years this summer. (I even remember the actual date - which is something that my wife would be grateful about.)

I always considered that most people on these forums met online - because they are continuing the immigration process online, too...but I may be wrong about that.

Steve
Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:07 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Service Center.

Good God man!! (I'm assuming you're a man. I don't know many women named Winston.) A whole lot of folks on this forum originally met on-line. I didn't "meet" my husband on-line. However, we developed our relationship on-line and on the telephone. If it hadn't been for the internet and cheap phone cards, I doubt we would have ever got married. So I have a real understanding of what can happen "on-line". There are also a lot of sleazy and weird things that can happen on-line. There are a lot of sleazy and weird things that can happen in person. The most important thing is what you did and how you dealt with each other after "meeting" on-line. I am a big supporter or internet relationships when they are handled properly by mature and sane adults.

Leslie
Old Jan 7th 2004, 1:55 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Hubby and I met online.

We talked so much that when we did meet for the first time we were extremely comfortable with each other; very relaxed and not nervous at all.

In all the time that we spent online with each other we went through every single emotion; in the four months between my last visit to the US and coming to live here at the end of July I honestly feel that we went through a whole range of emotions that would probably cover several years in a 'regular' relationship.

It was all well-worth it though.

Thank <insert relevant God here> for the Internet, we would never have found each other else.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

d_medina is an unknown quantity at this point

I met my fiance online. It works!
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Service Center.
Our initial meeting began online. I was going to University in Scotland for a semester in late 2002, and, wanting to meet some locals, I put up my personal on a website. Scott emailed me first, and this continued for about 3 weeks before we met in person. We've been attached at the hip ever since. So ours initially began as an online introduction and led to a dating relationship - which neither of us thought would happen!! And even though we've only been in each others' physical presence a total of about 40 days this past year, we've still managed to make it.

Just to let you know, there is an end to the bottomless pit otherwise known as TSC. We filed in early August, and just got approved late last week (see my timeline for some more details).

Cheers,
Jamie
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:10 am
Boise, ID

katie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant futurekatie4998 has a brilliant future

Originally posted by FlyergirlUK
Hubby and I met online.

We talked so much that when we did meet for the first time we were extremely comfortable with each other; very relaxed and not nervous at all.
I second that 100%. My fiance & I met online, talked (on phone & online) for months before actually meeting in person, and at that point, it was just so completely comfortable that we just totally "clicked". I've always seen the Internet as just another way of meeting people. In fact, I was much more comfortable with my fiance when we first really met (offline) than I would have been if our relationship had begun in person.

~Katie
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:20 am
BE Enthusiast

kariml is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
Good God man!! (I'm assuming you're a man. I don't know many women named Winston.) A whole lot of folks on this forum originally met on-line. I didn't "meet" my husband on-line. However, we developed our relationship on-line and on the telephone. If it hadn't been for the internet and cheap phone cards, I doubt we would have ever got married. So I have a real understanding of what can happen "on-line". There are also a lot of sleazy and weird things that can happen on-line. There are a lot of sleazy and weird things that can happen in person. The most important thing is what you did and how you dealt with each other after "meeting" on-line. I am a big supporter or internet relationships when they are handled properly by mature and sane adults.

Leslie
Hi Leslie
I can relate to that. My husband and I did not meet online, however the beginning of our relationship developed on the internet by using MSN messenger - it was my first chatting experience
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

doblepat is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, we did... we met eachother in a special club to date people in internet. We have different language, different culture, different jobs, but we are made eachother and we knew that since the first day that he wrote me and we saw that we have the same names in female and male and we took that as a sign.

of course it works with honesty......!!!!, because when people is honest since begining everything comes very pure.

2Pat
Old Jan 7th 2004, 2:47 am
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice

My husband and I started the relationship in Yahoo Messenger. then phone, sms, letters, emails.... then met face to face.

Good luck in your case!

anggraeni

Service Center.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:04 am
Mark Lambert

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
    >
    > I did, just curious if there are any others out there...
    >
    > We met in person in May and I filed for our K1 in October. Looks like
    > we have 3-4 more months to wait, it has been received at the Texas
    > Service Center.
    >
    >
    >
    >
My Wife and I met online, in 1999. Married in 2001. Man, our phone
bills were something else until we discovered Voip (voice over IP)
programs like netmeeting and iPhone... after that I practically lived
with a headset on and a 20 foot wander lead.. even cooked meals
talking! 14 hours a day on hte weekends.

Still it is no substitute for a real meeting.. I remember standing in
hte waiting area at Tullamarine Airport, a bunch of wilted flowers in
hand, bouncing up and down waiting for her to exit customs... it took
her an hour because of another US lass that was traveling alone and had
fastened onto her... Briana is much too polite to say "buzz off, Im
meeting my boyfriend!", but she should have. We spent a month traveling
9,000 miles around Australia.

After 9/11 I went over to DC to be with her for a couple of weeks. We
decided to marry immediately rather than be seperated again, so here we
are two years on, still very happy together
--
The correct way to roll NT out is out the door and into the nearest
Dempster Dumpster or other large waste receptacle.
-- Mike Andrews, in the Scary Devil Monastery.

Old Jan 7th 2004, 3:32 am
Mattias Hembruch

In article <[email protected]>,
Winston Castro <[email protected]> wrote:
    >I did, just curious if there are any others out there...
    >We met in person in May and I filed for our K1 in October. Looks like
    >we have 3-4 more months to wait, it has been received at the Texas
    >Service Center.

www.christiandate.com worked for me (and Tammy) :-)

She emailed me first (something about my liking VWs :-) in Dec 2002, I went
to visit in Feb '03, and the rest is history.. Proposed in Sep '03, am
awaiting K1 through CSC.

We also filed in October, and are also expecting a 4 month wait..

Mattias

Old Jan 7th 2004, 4:26 am
BE Enthusiast

utopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the roughutopiacowboy is a jewel in the rough

I live in a very remote rural area of Texas close to the Mexican border and since single women are few and far between, I thought I might meet a single Mexican woman from a relatively nearby city on one of the Latin dating sites.

One day I was perusing the new profiles when I saw a face. I cannot say what it was about her but I felt that I knew this person the moment that I saw her. Then I found that she was from Colombia and spoke no English. I resolved to forget about her but I could not - over and over I heard her name in my mind as though someone or something would not let me forget her. So I decided to piece together some Spanish and write her. In the weeks that followed, we exchanged many letters and I seriously began to study Spanish so that I could communicate with her. For me, Spanish will always be mi idioma del amor.

When I saw her in the webcam on Yahoo the first time I knew that I was looking at the face of my future wife. A month later when we met in person for the first time, we both knew that we never wanted to be parted from each other. It was as though we had always known each other and even though we had to communicate in Spanish, we rarely had problems understanding one another.

Now, after having been married three months and continuing our online relationship along with periodic visits, we are more in love than ever. And nothing, not even the USCIS, will ever change this. If I have to live the rest of my life in Colombia and confront the perils of kidnapping and violence, I will. I love you, Gina.
Old Jan 7th 2004, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Redbutterfly is an unknown quantity at this point

I met my husband on line last Feb 8, 2003, we met in person May 5, 2003 and got married June 2, 2003.

Processing:

Filed I-130 - June 26 and NOA 1 - July 3, 03 (CALI)
Filed I-129F(K3) - August 24 - NOA1 Aug 26, 03 - (MSC)
Approved - Nov 18, 03
Packet recd - Dec 27, 03
Interview date - Feb 13,04

One year from first meeting on line. LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.