Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

Originally Posted by brianheart
back to my question. has anyone encountered this problem. we have the I-797c, but not the actual I-797 reciept. our lawyer said 2-4 weeks but still havent recieved anything.

As I said before: the I-797 is the APPROVAL notice. The I-797c is the NOA. You won't get a I-797 until you have been approved.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 2:11 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by andrea874
As I said before: the I-797 is the APPROVAL notice. The I-797c is the NOA. You won't get a I-797 until you have been approved.
Amen. Angry Canadian Chick!!
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not angry, dammit! lol
Old Mar 14th 2005, 1:37 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

back to my question. has anyone encountered this problem. we have the I-797c, but not the actual I-797 reciept. our lawyer said 2-4 weeks but still havent recieved anything.
Sorry Brian I have nothing to offer but am still amazed that your State wont accept other documentation from your wife that is US Government issued. Surely she has a passport with official visa of some kind in it. Dont know about you but Id go online look up Ohio BMV & see what documentation is required. Thats what we did & we also printed out a copy to take with us just in case we had any problems.
I hope someone with more knowledge on this subject comes to your aid & I wish you good luck as I know how frustrating all of this must be for you.

Regards
Shepslady
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:21 am
Forum Regular

brianheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shepslady
Sorry Brian I have nothing to offer but am still amazed that your State wont accept other documentation from your wife that is US Government issued. Surely she has a passport with official visa of some kind in it. Dont know about you but Id go online look up Ohio BMV & see what documentation is required. Thats what we did & we also printed out a copy to take with us just in case we had any problems.
I hope someone with more knowledge on this subject comes to your aid & I wish you good luck as I know how frustrating all of this must be for you.

Regards
Shepslady
yeah i'm confused......the dmv's website said we need the AOS with the reciept date..it has the reciept date and they said the I-797c that we have which is for fingerprinting and bio's said that wasnt the right one cuz they have to do security checks and stuff. we got home, called our lawyer and he said we should be gettting another reciept for the actual AOS and that we should be getting it anyday now and that their really slow with sending out the receipts. so i really have no idea what to look for in the mail or if we will even get one. and yes she has the K1 visa but is expired by now but we are married and have filed for AOS in the proper timeframe. so if i'm not supposed to get another reciept can someone let me know so i can call and talk to someone in charge at the dmv if the clerks dont really know what i need.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 3:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah i'm confused......the dmv's website said we need the AOS with the reciept date..it has the reciept date and they said the I-797c that we have which is for fingerprinting and bio's said that wasnt the right one cuz they have to do security checks and stuff. we got home, called our lawyer and he said we should be gettting another reciept for the actual AOS and that we should be getting it anyday now and that their really slow with sending out the receipts. so i really have no idea what to look for in the mail or if we will even get one. and yes she has the K1 visa but is expired by now but we are married and have filed for AOS in the proper timeframe. so if i'm not supposed to get another reciept can someone let me know so i can call and talk to someone in charge at the dmv if the clerks dont really know what i need.
Hi Brian,

If you mailed in your applications, you should get back 2 NOA's. One for the receipt of the I-485, and one for the receipt of the I-765. If you mailed them off at the same time, you should get your receipts pretty close together. They do come in separate envelopes.

Rene
Old Mar 14th 2005, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

brianheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hi Brian,

If you mailed in your applications, you should get back 2 NOA's. One for the receipt of the I-485, and one for the receipt of the I-765. If you mailed them off at the same time, you should get your receipts pretty close together. They do come in separate envelopes.

Rene
hi noorah
yes that is exactly what we got. is that all we will get or what. and is that what the dmv is talking about.

Last edited by brianheart; Mar 14th 2005 at 6:34 am.
Old Mar 14th 2005, 7:38 am
Eric S.

I don't have them in front of me, but as I remember, we got three NOAs: One
for the AOS application, one for the EAD application, and one for the AP
applicatoin. I believe the NOA for the AOS application had the info about
fingerprinting, etc. We did not get a separate "AOS receipt".

This was in April of 2004, so it's possible that the procedures have changed
since then.

- Eric S.

"brianheart" <member9271@british_expats.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected] m...
    > > Hi Brian,
    > >
    > > If you mailed in your applications, you should get back 2 NOA's. One
    > > for the receipt of the I-485, and one for the receipt of the I-765.
    > > If you mailed them off at the same time, you should get your receipts
    > > pretty close together. They do come in separate envelopes.
    > >
    > > Rene
    > hi noorah
    > yes that is exactly what we got. is that all we will get or what. and is
    > that what the dmv is talking about.
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:05 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Eric S.]I don't have them in front of me, but as I remember, we got three NOAs: One
for the AOS application, one for the EAD application, and one for the AP
applicatoin. I believe the NOA for the AOS application had the info about
fingerprinting, etc. We did not get a separate "AOS receipt".

This was in April of 2004, so it's possible that the procedures have changed
since then.

- Eric S.

We've just sent our application in for my AOS but never applied for the EAD as I already have it & just assumed I wouldnt be required to do that with AOS. So all we sent in with application was a check for AOS & biometrics, so heres hoping thats right!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:14 am

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shepslady
They say 60 days but you have to have the actual learners permit back from Homeland Security first & as Ive just read in this thread it might take a whole lot longer than that & that will really mess things up at this end. I have the chance of a job that requires me to have a full drivers license & the company is willing to work around it for a couple of months but really cant see them working around it for up to a year. Oh well no point in getting too worked up over it for now, Guess I will just have to deal with things in time huh? For now I just have to put my mind at hitting the pavement for a while & being a pedestrian for a while....sob sob,

Talk to you later

Shepslady
You have a pm!!
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

hi noorah
yes that is exactly what we got. is that all we will get or what. and is that what the dmv is talking about.
For the 17th time... that is all you will get until you get your APPROVAL NOTICE which is the I-797.
Apparently you don't believe me haha
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:52 am

For the 17th time... that is all you will get until you get your APPROVAL NOTICE which is the I-797.
Apparently you don't believe me haha

Brian believe her please!!
There ya go chickie..
Old Mar 14th 2005, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Brian believe her please!!
There ya go chickie..
Hahaha thanks Hyper!
Then again, I'm Canadian, I cant be that smart! haha
Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:00 pm

Hahaha thanks Hyper!
Then again, I'm Canadian, I cant be that smart! haha
Canadians are smart but very angry LOL LOL.
I am glad you live far away, I know that you want to kick my butt, I can see it on your face!!, but if you ever did.. You'd die from inhalation of toxic gas<insert evil smiley here>

Old Mar 14th 2005, 12:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
Canadians are smart but very angry LOL LOL.
I am glad you live far away, I know that you want to kick my butt, I can see it on your face!!, but if you ever did.. You'd die from inhalation of toxic gas<insert evil smiley here>

Haha! If only you knew how big of a wimp I really am! haha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.