Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

Old Mar 12th 2005, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

brianheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

we've recieved receipt for biometrics and fingerprinting. havent received the actual AOS receipt. my lawyer tracked it and said they received and signed for it jan. 31. of course we need it to get my wife her drivers liscense and and ID card. anyone else having the same problem?
Old Mar 12th 2005, 10:21 am
J Moreno

Default Re: anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

brianheart <member9271@british_expats.com> wrote:

> we've recieved receipt for biometrics and fingerprinting. havent
    > received the actual AOS receipt. my lawyer tracked it and said they
    > received and signed for it jan. 31. of course we need it to get my
    > wife her drivers liscense and and ID card. anyone else having the
    > same problem?

Not quite the same thing -- we sent off AOS/EAD/BIO on the 15th,
arrived (per USPS) on the 17th, no notice for any of them....it's
worrisome.

--
J. Moreno

Old Mar 12th 2005, 3:13 pm
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

We mailed our AOS to the Lockbox on Feb 16 via Express Mail (USPS).
We didn't recieve our NOA1 until March 7th, but it was still dated Feb 17.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:02 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brianheart
we've recieved receipt for biometrics and fingerprinting. havent received the actual AOS receipt. my lawyer tracked it and said they received and signed for it jan. 31. of course we need it to get my wife her drivers liscense and and ID card. anyone else having the same problem?

Which state accepts the AOS filing NOA as a basis for obtaining a driver's license?
Old Mar 13th 2005, 1:56 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Which state accepts the AOS filing NOA as a basis for obtaining a driver's license?
I don't know about the AOS NOA, but we used Sadegh's EAD NOA to show the DMV that he has applied for the 1-year EAD in order to extend his AZ State ID after his 90-day temp EAD expired.

Rene
Old Mar 13th 2005, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete

i live in ohio and the dmv said we need the I-797 to get an id and a drivers liscense. i was under the impression that the notice for bio/fingerprinting was the one we needed but i was wrong. they want to see the AOS receipt notice for proof of adjusting status. i just wonder what is taking so long.
Old Mar 13th 2005, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

The I-797 is the approval notice, not NOA1
Old Mar 13th 2005, 5:17 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

Originally Posted by andrea874
The I-797 is the approval notice, not NOA1
Ive just passed my learners permit ( Horror & shock to be a learner after holding a foreign license for more than 30 years & driving here for the past year plus on my overseas license) but here in Indiana all I had to show was my Visa in my passport, my Social Security card which they verified on the spot, Bank statement showing I am a resident etc. Took my eye sight test, had photo taken & learners permit was printed etc but all my documentation was copied & to be sent to Homeland Security along with my driving permit for verification. I was given an official letter to carry stating that I have an official driving permit & am allowed to drive as long as I am accompanied by a fully licensed driver in the passenger seat who is over 18 years old etc. Was told that I should receive my driving permit in around 60 days. Great huh cos in 60 days I can go for the driving test to get full license but will probably end up having to wait on that until homeland security sends the driving permit back to me.
The written test only took a few minutes to do but the paper work kept us there for almost an hour. Nothing was mentioned about AOS.
Hope you get it all sorted soon.

Regards
Shepslady
Old Mar 13th 2005, 6:25 am
Together at last!

Simon&Vik will become famous soon enoughSimon&Vik will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by shepslady
here in Indiana all I had to show was my Visa in my passport, my Social Security card which they verified on the spot, Bank statement showing I am a resident etc.
The different states have different requirements.

We had SUCH a pain from our local BMV here in Indiana. We asked ahead of time if the docs we had were good, they said they were. Then when we went in the next wk w/the SAME documents, suddenly they were not ok. Had to run home (way faster than the speedlimit!) & try to find something else in our mass of paperwork. Then we got back and continued w/the testing for the permit. (They were going to have to mail ours too.) Got a call a couple of days later that they forgot to put some notice on the permit so we'd have to go in for ANOTHER picture. They said it wouldn't delay the 90 (60? 30?) days required before you could get the real DL... that it would still go by the date we'd actually gotten his permit approved. Well, they were wrong.
Idiots. Grrrrrrrrrrr
(It's been nearly a year, and I'm STILL bitter!)
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:35 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

Originally Posted by Simon&Vik
The different states have different requirements.

We had SUCH a pain from our local BMV here in Indiana. We asked ahead of time if the docs we had were good, they said they were. Then when we went in the next wk w/the SAME documents, suddenly they were not ok. Had to run home (way faster than the speedlimit!) & try to find something else in our mass of paperwork. Then we got back and continued w/the testing for the permit. (They were going to have to mail ours too.) Got a call a couple of days later that they forgot to put some notice on the permit so we'd have to go in for ANOTHER picture. They said it wouldn't delay the 90 (60? 30?) days required before you could get the real DL... that it would still go by the date we'd actually gotten his permit approved. Well, they were wrong.
Idiots. Grrrrrrrrrrr
(It's been nearly a year, and I'm STILL bitter!)
OMG! Are you saying that its been nearly a year that you have had to stay on the learners permit? Im only on my first week & already going insane that I have to have someone with me. I hate the idea of not being able to take off in the car when I feel like it & as most of my family & friends live out in the country Im going to have to rely on them to visit me now instead of me doing the rounds. I really am counting on the 60 day thing but think maybe now I am being a little foolish in relying on that!
Regards
Shepslady
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:41 am
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! Are you saying that its been nearly a year that you have had to stay on the learners permit? Im only on my first week & already going insane that I have to have someone with me. I hate the idea of not being able to take off in the car when I feel like it & as most of my family & friends live out in the country Im going to have to rely on them to visit me now instead of me doing the rounds. I really am counting on the 60 day thing but think maybe now I am being a little foolish in relying on that!
Regards
Shepslady
You have a learner's permit too?, poor thing
I got my driving license 3 years ago (while on a J1 visa) and I didn't have to get a learner's permit first, thank God!!
(((shepslady)) huggie for ya!!
And don't stress too much please!!
Old Mar 13th 2005, 11:47 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Unhappy Re: anyone else still waiting for AOS receipt?

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
You have a learner's permit too?, poor thing
I got my driving license 3 years ago (while on a J1 visa) and I didn't have to get a learner's permit first, thank God!!
(((shepslady)) huggie for ya!!
And don't stress too much please!!
Hyper THANKYOU SOOOOOOOOOO much but really cant see me keeping my cool over this one. Ive been driving here for so long on my foreign permit & really dont know how Im going to cope with not being able to drive by myself. I dont mind walking but in this cold I dont venture out much on foot. Maybe once Spring gets here ( if it ever does) I will cope better & may even get myself a bicycle but for now I will just continue to take my frustration out on anyone who is still game to come near me!!!!
However your hug was appreciated.

Regards
Shepslady
Old Mar 13th 2005, 12:24 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Hyper THANKYOU SOOOOOOOOOO much but really cant see me keeping my cool over this one. Ive been driving here for so long on my foreign permit & really dont know how Im going to cope with not being able to drive by myself. I dont mind walking but in this cold I dont venture out much on foot. Maybe once Spring gets here ( if it ever does) I will cope better & may even get myself a bicycle but for now I will just continue to take my frustration out on anyone who is still game to come near me!!!!
However your hug was appreciated.

Regards
Shepslady
I can't imagine how annoying it must be!, I wish there was something I could do. How long until you can drive by yourself?
Old Mar 13th 2005, 12:39 pm
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

Originally Posted by Hypertweeky
I can't imagine how annoying it must be!, I wish there was something I could do. How long until you can drive by yourself?
They say 60 days but you have to have the actual learners permit back from Homeland Security first & as Ive just read in this thread it might take a whole lot longer than that & that will really mess things up at this end. I have the chance of a job that requires me to have a full drivers license & the company is willing to work around it for a couple of months but really cant see them working around it for up to a year. Oh well no point in getting too worked up over it for now, Guess I will just have to deal with things in time huh? For now I just have to put my mind at hitting the pavement for a while & being a pedestrian for a while....sob sob,

Talk to you later

Shepslady
Old Mar 13th 2005, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by brianheart

back to my question. has anyone encountered this problem. we have the I-797c, but not the actual I-797 reciept. our lawyer said 2-4 weeks but still havent recieved anything.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.