Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice
Default Re: Any I-130 DCF September/ October filers ?

Originally Posted by chask
Hello there,

I've just joined BE and we've been going through the I-130 process since 22nd Dec 2010. Your postings have been very helpful to us since we also received an RFE back on 11th May and we responded to the RFE just 2 days later. We were trying to find out how much longer this may add to the process.

I see that after you submitted your RFE it was another almost a month before you got I-130 approval and then another month before you got your case number. From others you've had contact with, is this currently the norm?

Many thanks for your help!

Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

potfish is an unknown quantity at this point

I see that after you submitted your RFE it was another almost a month before you got I-130 approval and then another month before you got your case number. From others you've had contact with, is this currently the norm?
As others have said, there isn't a norm, but the impression I get is that the month from sending the RFE to getting the approval is at the upper end of the scale, having seen some others pass this stage in 2-3 weeks.

The month between approval and case number is unusual and I think my paperwork got mislaid for a while. I got the case number very quickly after I phoned to chase it up.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

shadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really niceshadowmeister is just really nice

Originally Posted by potfish
As others have said, there isn't a norm, but the impression I get is that the month from sending the RFE to getting the approval is at the upper end of the scale, having seen some others pass this stage in 2-3 weeks.

The month between approval and case number is unusual and I think my paperwork got mislaid for a while. I got the case number very quickly after I phoned to chase it up.
Just curious. I thought when you receive the approval you get the case number at that time? thanks.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

joannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to alljoannabanana is a name known to all

Originally Posted by shadowmeister
Just curious. I thought when you receive the approval you get the case number at that time? thanks.
I think time between approval and case number is completely random - I got my case number 2 days after approval - but was expecting it to take up to a month, from what I've read on here. Not sure if my constant badgering to the embassy made any difference?!
Old Jun 6th 2011, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by joannabanana
I think time between approval and case number is completely random - I got my case number 2 days after approval - but was expecting it to take up to a month, from what I've read on here. Not sure if my constant badgering to the embassy made any difference?!
Maybe I am confused on what the case number is... I was thinking it was the LND number you phone the medical doctors and mail in your DS 230 and DS 2001 with...?
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I am confused on what the case number is... I was thinking it was the LND number you phone the medical doctors and mail in your DS 230 and DS 2001 with...?
Yes, that is it. And it is assigned by the Consular IV Unit. Since the petition approval is from USCIS, they would not have your LND Consular case number. You will get that from the IVU, after petition approval.
Have a quick review of the DCF wiki for a translation of all that shorthand!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

chask is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone, first many thanks to those who replied to my recent questions, much appreciated for the info and advice!

We got our I-130 approval this past Saturday, with the letter dated 7th June. Now we're waiting for the case number, which our letter says will be within next 3 weeks. I'll keep you posted when we get that.

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request on 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 20 May. I-130 approval 7 June 2011 (received in post 11 June). Currently awaiting case number.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

We received an RFE on May 18th and posted the response on May 20th and haven't heard back yet either. You got yours about a week earlier than us. I a m also a dual national. My husband is UKC.
hi shadowmeister, many thanks for the response, I've found your entries very helpful since you also got an RFE! Looking forward to hearing your good news soon!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Potfish, many thanks for the response. Can I ask, what phone number did you call to chase up your case number? I tried the 09042 450 100 number, but didn't get anywhere with the person I spoke with. Many thanks for your help!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

hi shadowmeister, many thanks for the response, I've found your entries very helpful since you also got an RFE! Looking forward to hearing your good news soon!
Well Im even more hopeful hearing you got your approval. That's great! I will post as soon as we get something. Im hoping it will be one day this week! Just try to keep my mind off of it and know that it will come, youre proof of that.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

potfish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Potfish, many thanks for the response. Can I ask, what phone number did you call to chase up your case number? I tried the 09042 450 100 number, but didn't get anywhere with the person I spoke with. Many thanks for your help!
Firstly I used the expensive consulate number where they said they hadn't received anything from USCIS, so they gave me the number of the USCIS in London (which I don't still have I'm afraid) and they said they had sent our file across some time before. They told me to email the details to them at [email protected] and then they were very quick to resolve it. The letter from the consulate arrived a few days later.

Wish us luck - our interview is tomorrow morning!
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Guess what? We received the letter with the case number on it today. My husband has scheduled his medical for July 4th.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

We received our case number today! Medical now scheduled for 29th June.

Received notice I-130 had been filed 22 Dec 2010. RFE request 11 May 2011 (received in post on 15 May). Sent response to RFE 20 May. I-130 approved 7 June (received in post 11 June). Case Number (LND number) dated 10 June (received in post 15 June). Medical scheduled for 29 June.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

Guess what? We received the letter with the case number on it today. My husband has scheduled his medical for July 4th.
That's awesome, congrats!!! Glad to hear you got your medical scheduled as well. My wife seemed to call at the right time when there had just been a cancellation, so she's in for 29 June. And now onto the next step of the process....
Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Firstly I used the expensive consulate number where they said they hadn't received anything from USCIS, so they gave me the number of the USCIS in London (which I don't still have I'm afraid) and they said they had sent our file across some time before. They told me to email the details to them at [email protected] and then they were very quick to resolve it. The letter from the consulate arrived a few days later.

Wish us luck - our interview is tomorrow morning!
Thanks so much for the advice, it's much appreciated!. Was very happy to get our case number today and get a medical scheduled soonish. Look forward to hearing how your interview went!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.