Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

Old Oct 1st 2015, 9:56 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: American girlfriend>English boy (me)>marriage....

You should have the I-797 receipt notices. .. those are the ones from USCIS that say they received your I-130 and I-485.

You must have had biometrics done, so should have the notice for that.

Yes, bring the notice that says the AOS interview is being waived.

Rene
Old Oct 18th 2015, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Just to conclude the learners permit matter...

Went back with ead, interview waiver letter, 2 docs of residency. The guy still didn't have a clue what was going on but we ticked everything his manual told him we needed, 5 minutes later I had a learners permit.

If you have your ead you are eligible for a learners permit. The DMV are working of pieces of paper and generally want you away from their desk. It may take some time with the SAVE program but it will come.

Thanks for the notes to argue this.
Old Nov 28th 2015, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

What a great day in my Immigration journey.

After all the fun with getting my learners permit, I passed my drivers test today. Anyone who is coming over from the UK and needs to take the US drivers test should not be worries. Obviously all different but a parallel park in 20ft space and a few left turns and you've passed.

THENNN.... I checked the mail and have a letter from homeland security saying "welcome to the United states". Blah blah now a permanent resident!! Woooo.

Now....... what does that mean?
Old Nov 28th 2015, 11:01 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stribs
It means your immigration journey is over... for now!

Ian
Old Nov 28th 2015, 11:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

What a great day in my Immigration journey.

After all the fun with getting my learners permit, I passed my drivers test today. Anyone who is coming over from the UK and needs to take the US drivers test should not be worries. Obviously all different but a parallel park in 20ft space and a few left turns and you've passed.

THENNN.... I checked the mail and have a letter from homeland security saying "welcome to the United states". Blah blah now a permanent resident!! Woooo.

It means you are now a US Permanent Resident.

Rene
Old Nov 30th 2015, 11:30 am
US Citizen / UK Citizen

ScottUK1990 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!
Old Jan 26th 2016, 1:56 pm
Forum Regular

Hi guys,

I'm heading to the UK for a 2 week vacation. With my permanent resident status,

do I need to call ucis and let them know?
What documents do I need coming back in?
Do you generally get taken into a room on your return?

Thanks
Old Jan 26th 2016, 2:20 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

.... Do I need to call ucis and let them know?
No. Why on earth would you?
What documents do I need coming back in?
Your passport, and green card if you have received it. That's all.
Do you generally get taken into a room on your return?
No! ..... Unless you don't have your green card on you for any reason, in which case you might be sent for routine verification of your I-551 visa stamp. If you don't have your green card you might get frowned at, or chastised, but that is the worst that can happen. It happened to me once, and I was suitably apologetic. I didn't get sent to secondary, as the CBP officer told me that "I don't fit the profile"! .... This was at JFK, five months after 9/11.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jan 26th 2016 at 2:27 pm.