Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

About to start the I-130 process

About to start the I-130 process

Old Nov 3rd 2023, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

DerekB1972 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: About to start the I-130 process

Well I managed to find out that the date could get pushed back, the 2 months updated to 3 months so it did show that it's an active countdown rather than a generic on that isn't updated, the change may have been a coincidence but it did happen while we were in the US visiting family and house hunting (glad we did as we've changed our mind on where we're going to start out!), it did only stay at 3 months for a few weeks and then back down to 2... and now we're on 5 weeks .

If this is correct it'll be a great early Christmas present and also make our Affidavit of Support document submission slightly easier a we have all of the previous 3 years 1040's downloaded and ready to submit before the new tax year in Jan

Old Nov 15th 2023, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

lvjeremylv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DerekB1972
Well I managed to find out that the date could get pushed back, the 2 months updated to 3 months so it did show that it's an active countdown rather than a generic on that isn't updated, the change may have been a coincidence but it did happen while we were in the US visiting family and house hunting (glad we did as we've changed our mind on where we're going to start out!), it did only stay at 3 months for a few weeks and then back down to 2... and now we're on 5 weeks .

If this is correct it'll be a great early Christmas present and also make our Affidavit of Support document submission slightly easier a we have all of the previous 3 years 1040's downloaded and ready to submit before the new tax year in Jan

These numbers jump around haphazardly and I don't know if they're very accurate in the end. The best way to know is to follow a group that applied around the same time you did and then see when people in it start to get movement in the process. Because it really is quite random.
Old Nov 15th 2023, 5:34 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lvjeremylv
These numbers jump around haphazardly and I don't know if they're very accurate in the end. The best way to know is to follow a group that applied around the same time you did and then see when people in it start to get movement in the process. Because it really is quite random.
It's sort of random. Some differences in processing times are explained by each person's circumstances. One applicant may have been divorced three times, one may have visited Iran and Iraq frequently, one may have a criminal record. Anything that requires extra checks will take more time, and often people aren't aware that they'll require extra checks (i.e. unbeknownst to them, their father-in-law has a criminal record etc).

But then there's also randomness or luck in the officer that deals with your case. Maybe one officer has time off mid way through processing, maybe another is going through a messy divorce and preoccupied so just a bit slower than his/her colleagues etc, etc, which is where the 'luck' part comes in. In all honesty, a group with a huge number of people and their timescales is still no use when trying to work out your own, as each case is so different. There's just no reliable data when it comes to immigration!
Old Dec 3rd 2023, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Well christmasoompa was correct, I've just checked as it's day 0 and have the following screen below, we weren't planning on a move until July(ish) anyway so hopefully we'll be still on track for around then as we're nearly 7 months into the I-130.

Out of curiosity which processing centre do i need to look at for online applications, out receipt number starts with IOE

Old Dec 4th 2023, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

porkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lvjeremylv
You can do this here https://www.casestatusext.com/forms/I-130/IOE-LB
Old Dec 5th 2023, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by porkedpie
Unfortunately it doesn't cover the IOE9 online submissions
Old Dec 5th 2023, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

porkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond reputeporkedpie has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it does

Old Dec 5th 2023, 12:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Well christmasoompa was correct, I've just checked as it's day 0 and have the following screen below, we weren't planning on a move until July(ish) anyway so hopefully we'll be still on track for around then as we're nearly 7 months into the I-130.

Out of curiosity which processing centre do i need to look at for online applications, out receipt number starts with IOE
July may be a little early but you never know, things do seem to be speeding up.

For your processing centre, does it not have it on your I-797? Bottom left hand corner?
Old Dec 5th 2023, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by porkedpie
Yes it does

Those are 09 and not 9x, apparently different
Old Dec 5th 2023, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
July may be a little early but you never know, things do seem to be speeding up.

For your processing centre, does it not have it on your I-797? Bottom left hand corner?
Yes, it's Nebraska

July was a nice to have (get there in the summer) but Aug\Sept isn't too bad either so not really a problem, just a slight annoyance with not being able to update work etc
Old Dec 5th 2023, 1:38 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes, it's Nebraska

July was a nice to have (get there in the summer) but Aug\Sept isn't too bad either so not really a problem, just a slight annoyance with not being able to update work etc
If you go on quoted processing times, you won't get an approval until July next year, then it'll be another 4 months or so between then and getting your visa in hand (assuming you do everything super quick i.e. have your documents ready to submit as soon as you get the Welcome Letter, and assuming that NVC processing times don't creep up again). But hopefully you'll hear before then as I think that time is dropping from what I've seen recently.

Best of luck.