I-751 checklist

Old Dec 4th 2023, 12:13 am
Just Joined

nickrross91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 checklist

My 2 year green card expires in February so I am preparing to file the I-751 form soon.
I wanted to ask everyone what should I include in the pack I send? I’m thinking:
- I-751 form
- copy of my green card
- our son’s birth certificate (he was born last year)
- copy of our rental home contracts for the last 2 years
- copy of joint car insurance & taxes
- money order for $680 (I believe that’s the amount ?)

Anything else I’m missing? Do I need 2 written letters from people confirming our marriage? Or photos of us in the last 2 years? Cards addressed to us?

Thanks!
Old Dec 4th 2023, 1:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 checklist

What do the instructions call for? Official instructions are found at www.uscis.gov. The fee should also be listed there.

The evidence you listed sounds right. Everyone's evidence will be different, depending on their life scenarios.

You don't need the affidavits from others, not cards addressed to you, since you have good evidence otherwise. Perhaps a few photos might be good. Up to you.

Rene
Old Dec 6th 2023, 6:31 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
What do the instructions call for? Official instructions are found at www.uscis.gov. The fee should also be listed there.

The evidence you listed sounds right. Everyone's evidence will be different, depending on their life scenarios.

You don't need the affidavits from others, not cards addressed to you, since you have good evidence otherwise. Perhaps a few photos might be good. Up to you.

Rene
I agree with this post. When I was in practice, it was a very rare case where I would use affidavits. In such cases, I would make sure to explain the absence of documentary evidence. Rather than a checklist, my approach was to make it as easy as possible for the poor adjudicator to feel comfortable with approving the application after a BRIEF review of the file.
Old Dec 6th 2023, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the replies!
For the documents to prove a good faith marriage, how much info do they actually need? For example, if I’m including a joint bank account statement or tax document, do I need the whole thing or just a few pages showing our names on it and what it is?

Old Dec 6th 2023, 10:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickrross91
Thanks for the replies!
For the documents to prove a good faith marriage, how much info do they actually need? For example, if I’m including a joint bank account statement or tax document, do I need the whole thing or just a few pages showing our names on it and what it is?
For bank account, just the page that shows both your names. Choose 1 per quarter since the time you filled for AOS to date. That's what I did.

For taxes, get official IRS transcripts, which I believe can be ordered on their website. Those are consolidated tax documents.

Rene
Old Dec 6th 2023, 10:27 pm
Just Joined

Will do! Are the IRS transcripts different to the form 1040? That’s what I was going to send. Should it be the full document for that or again just the first page showing our names?
Old Dec 6th 2023, 10:28 pm

Will do! Are the IRS transcripts different to the form 1040? That’s what I was going to send. Should it be the full document for that or again just the first page showing our names?
I used transcripts, so I'm not sure about having to send the whole tax return...

Rene
Old Dec 6th 2023, 10:53 pm
Just Joined

Ok I’ll get the transcripts to be safe.
Another question - my surname is Ross and my wife has changed her SSN & driver’s license to that but her passport is still her maiden name. A lot of our documents have her maiden name rather than Ross. Will that matter or is it not a big deal? Also, should I put her name down at Ross or her maiden name on the i751?
Old Dec 7th 2023, 12:14 am

Ok I’ll get the transcripts to be safe.
Another question - my surname is Ross and my wife has changed her SSN & driver’s license to that but her passport is still her maiden name. A lot of our documents have her maiden name rather than Ross. Will that matter or is it not a big deal? Also, should I put her name down at Ross or her maiden name on the i751?
The name difference is not an issue. The I-751 should be in the name she wants her 10-year green card to be.

Rene
Old Dec 7th 2023, 12:29 am
Just Joined

I’m actually the one getting the green card! Glad the name won’t be an issue. Thanks!