Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

130/CR1 Interview in the USA ?

130/CR1 Interview in the USA ?

Old Sep 2nd 2005, 8:10 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default 130/CR1 Interview in the USA ?

New thread maybe old question (and I did look for anything similar prior to posting)

I was fortunate enough to have my K3 visa approved in London this week and intend to travel to the USA within the next 10 days or so. I know that the next step is the AOS. However I do still have the 130/CR1 application working its way through the NVC, again I know that once this is passed over to London I can return and have the interview and hopefully avoid having to file for AOS.

I have though heard a rumour and seen vague references to the fact that I can continue the CR1 and arrange for the interview to be conducted in the USA at a local office. Does anyone know the truth behind this ..... is it fact or fiction.

Any pointers gratefully received..
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 130/CR1 Interview in the USA ?

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
New thread maybe old question (and I did look for anything similar prior to posting)

I was fortunate enough to have my K3 visa approved in London this week and intend to travel to the USA within the next 10 days or so. I know that the next step is the AOS. However I do still have the 130/CR1 application working its way through the NVC, again I know that once this is passed over to London I can return and have the interview and hopefully avoid having to file for AOS.

I have though heard a rumour and seen vague references to the fact that I can continue the CR1 and arrange for the interview to be conducted in the USA at a local office. Does anyone know the truth behind this ..... is it fact or fiction.

Hi:

No, the interview for an immigrant visa will have to be done in London. If you want to do everything stateside, you then file for adjustment of status. Those are your two alternatives.
Old Sep 2nd 2005, 12:30 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

If the 130 is working its way through NVC right now enroute to London, could you not hang on a bit and kill two birds with one stone-rather than come to the US now?
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 10:39 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

No, the interview for an immigrant visa will have to be done in London. If you want to do everything stateside, you then file for adjustment of status. Those are your two alternatives.
OK thanks for that... at least thats cleared that little matter up.

Cindy.... I have been away from my wife for 10 months, I missed so many things in the lives of my stepchildren its unreal.... I know there is a all manner of good reasons to stay in the UK and wait on the I-130. But we feel enough is enough, so its the AOS for me and come Thursday I will be the man with the biggest smile in the world...... BTW. people have asked over on Visa Journey if you were approved at your interview ... I assume that you did
Old Sep 3rd 2005, 11:33 am
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

OK thanks for that... at least thats cleared that little matter up.

Cindy.... I have been away from my wife for 10 months, I missed so many things in the lives of my stepchildren its unreal.... I know there is a all manner of good reasons to stay in the UK and wait on the I-130. But we feel enough is enough, so its the AOS for me and come Thursday I will be the man with the biggest smile in the world...... BTW. people have asked over on Visa Journey if you were approved at your interview ... I assume that you did

I know-I've been remiss in not posting over there-slowly getting caught up on everything that was going on back here.
I understand your wanting to be together-we spent the first 3 years of our married life as a transatlantic couple with me doing the commuting mainly-every 3-5 months for a week's visit-so we jumped on the K3. However, it was tough because of the lag on the EAD etc. We HAD prepared for that, or so we thought but hadn't planned on it taking as long as it did, thanks to a then slowdown by NBC.