1-864 question ???

Old May 16th 2005, 2:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 1-864 question ???

Your question is very confusing.

Why do you need the I-864A? Is it because you are using your income to qualify and you have accompanying family members immigrating/adjusting status with you? AFAIK there is no other reason why you would need to complete an I-864A with your wife's I-864, unless you guys together are the joint sponsor of another immigrant.

Elaine
Old May 16th 2005, 5:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
Your question is very confusing.

Why do you need the I-864A? Is it because you are using your income to qualify and you have accompanying family members immigrating/adjusting status with you? AFAIK there is no other reason why you would need to complete an I-864A with your wife's I-864, unless you guys together are the joint sponsor of another immigrant.

Elaine
I just thought of something, too. The alien spouse can't use their income unless they've been living with the USC for 6 months or more. It sounds from his post like they're living apart (she had to send him the I-864). His income might not even be useable.

Donny, can you post your whole scenario so we can help you decide if you even qualify for completing the I-864A portion? Evidently your wife does not qualify on her own, is that correct?

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 16th 2005, 6:38 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I just thought of something, too. The alien spouse can't use their income unless they've been living with the USC for 6 months or more. It sounds from his post like they're living apart (she had to send him the I-864). His income might not even be useable.
Assets may be used, regardless of household-ness
Old May 16th 2005, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Assets may be used, regardless of household-ness
But in the case of assets, he doesn't need an I-864A.

Elaine
Old May 17th 2005, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

donnyjoseph is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: 1-864 question ???

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
But in the case of assets, he doesn't need an I-864A.

Elaine

My wife does not qualify on her own so my mother inlaw and fatherinlaw are co-sponsors
Old May 17th 2005, 4:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnyjoseph
My wife does not qualify on her own so my mother inlaw and fatherinlaw are co-sponsors
Donny,

Your USC wife filled out the I-864, and had it signed and notarized. Your wife does not qualify on her own, so her mother and father are joint sponsors and have filled out their own I-864 and perhaps I-864A if they are using joint income.

YOU, as the alien, do NOT sign the I-864 at all. Your wife sent you all the I-864 documents (hers and her parents) for you to take to your interview.

Again, YOU don't sign the I-864 anywhere, nor get it notarized at all. It's all been done in the USA by the sponsor and joint sponsors.

Does that clear things up for you?

Rene
Old May 18th 2005, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

donnyjoseph is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Re: 1-864 question ???

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Donny,

Your USC wife filled out the I-864, and had it signed and notarized. Your wife does not qualify on her own, so her mother and father are joint sponsors and have filled out their own I-864 and perhaps I-864A if they are using joint income.

YOU, as the alien, do NOT sign the I-864 at all. Your wife sent you all the I-864 documents (hers and her parents) for you to take to your interview.

Again, YOU don't sign the I-864 anywhere, nor get it notarized at all. It's all been done in the USA by the sponsor and joint sponsors.

Does that clear things up for you?

Rene
My wife and mother inlaw has filled all the details except for this part 6 they had all the remaining notarised.

If you clearly see the form 1-864A part 6 it says

Household members or Sponsored Immigrant / Household member's signature
There is a place below to sign and also it has subscribed and sworn before me to be signed by the notary and date and other things

iam the sponsored immigrant right so do i not have to sign here ?.

aaaah iam confused now

you say i should not sighn here ?
Old May 18th 2005, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by donnyjoseph
My wife and mother inlaw has filled all the details except for this part 6 they had all the remaining notarised.

If you clearly see the form 1-864A part 6 it says

Household members or Sponsored Immigrant / Household member's signature
There is a place below to sign and also it has subscribed and sworn before me to be signed by the notary and date and other things

iam the sponsored immigrant right so do i not have to sign here ?.

aaaah iam confused now

you say i should not sighn here ?
Hi Donny,

You can only sign there if you are using YOUR income in addition to your wife's in order to meet the required amount. Since you and your wife haven't lived together for 6 months or more continuously, then your income is not being used, and you don't need to sign it.

The I-864 that your wife filled out is all that's required from HER. There is no I-864A for YOU to complete, because your income is not being used in addition to hers.

Your Mother & Father in law's I-864 (and possibly I-864A, if they used one) are totally separate from your wife's, and you don't have to sign anything they filled out at all.

"Household Member" in your scenario is your Joint Sponsor's spouse (your mother or father in law, whichever one is considered additional income to the joint sponsor).
"Sponsored Immigrant/Household Member" would be you ONLY IF you have been living with your spouse 6 months or more right now.

Unless someone else see this is in a different light, I believe you aren't supposed to sign anything on the I-864 or I-864A at all.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 18th 2005, 6:14 am

I'm also just curious, why did your wife include an I-864A for you to fill out anyway, if you're not using your income in addition to hers?

You might want to talk to you wife, and ask her what she had in mind for you to fill out there?

Worse comes to worse, you can always leave it blank and have it signed and notarized anyway...it probably won't hurt anything. But I'm more curious as to why an I-864A is trying to be used in the first place between you and your wife? It's not only not applicable to your case, it's not necessary since she has joint sponsors who do meet the requirements, and you guys are all set with just that.

Rene