1-864 question ???

Old May 10th 2005, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

donnyjoseph is an unknown quantity at this point
Question 1-864 question ???

hi all,

my wife sent me the i-864 filled. now she has left some place for me to fill up. it says it has to be notarised. what does notarised mean. should i go to a lawyer and get it signed in fron of him ?
Old May 10th 2005, 11:51 pm
Just Joined

Wifey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 1-864 question ???

You don't need a lawyer for that. Just a "notary public". Most banks have one on staff. That's where I got my paperwork notarized.

Basically, just go up to your bank branch and ask if they have a notary on staff. The notary will have a special stamp which combined with their signature (and your own) will make the paper notarized. They charged me a dollar to do it.
Old May 11th 2005, 3:50 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnyjoseph
hi all,

my wife sent me the i-864 filled. now she has left some place for me to fill up. it says it has to be notarised. what does notarised mean. should i go to a lawyer and get it signed in fron of him ?
Which one of you is the USC? The USC needs to sign it in front of a Notary Public. The lawyer can only notarize it if he's authorized to do so.

Just curious why the same person (i.e., the USC) didn't fill out AND sign the I-864? Why did one fill it out for the other one to sign?

Rene
Old May 11th 2005, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Which one of you is the USC? The USC needs to sign it in front of a Notary Public. The lawyer can only notarize it if he's authorized to do so.

Just curious why the same person (i.e., the USC) didn't fill out AND sign the I-864? Why did one fill it out for the other one to sign?

Rene
my wife is the USC she already signed some of them and got it notarised
Old May 11th 2005, 3:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Signed some of what? It's only one form...the I-864. It seems that she did it right. She filled in all in, and got it signed and notarized. It seems to be all finished. I'm not sure what your question is? You don't have to sign the I-864, only the USC does.

Rene
Old May 12th 2005, 3:02 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

As Rene said, the only form that needs to be notarized is the I-864 which is signed by the USC. (If you have a joint sponsor, same goes.) Is one of the forms your wife got notarized the I-864? If so, then you should be fine.

And if you know your wife got something notarized, then why did you ask what "notarized" means? Just curious...

~ Jenney
Old May 12th 2005, 5:03 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

hi all,

What part did she mark for you to fill up and sign? I-864A?
Old May 12th 2005, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
What part did she mark for you to fill up and sign? I-864A?
it is part 6 House hold members or sponsored members signature
Old May 12th 2005, 4:51 pm

it is part 6 House hold members or sponsored members signature
OK, I'm looking at my Part 6 of the I-864 we filled out. Unless it's changed since last year, my Part 6 says "Joint Sponsors" and has a paragraph underneath it, but nothing about household members, sponsored members, or a signature.

Are you looking at an I-864A perhaps??

Rene
Old May 14th 2005, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Arrow Re: 1-864 question ???

Originally Posted by Noorah101
OK, I'm looking at my Part 6 of the I-864 we filled out. Unless it's changed since last year, my Part 6 says "Joint Sponsors" and has a paragraph underneath it, but nothing about household members, sponsored members, or a signature.

Are you looking at an I-864A perhaps??

Rene

yes it is the I-864A iam talking about.

it says Household member's or sponsored immigrant / Household member's signature

Is it something i have to fill it here and get in notarised ?.
Old May 15th 2005, 2:37 am

it says Household member's or sponsored immigrant / Household member's signature

Hi Donny,

Now that your question is more clear (you are talking about the I-864A instead of the I-864 as your title suggests), I don't know the answer. We didn't use an I-864A. But my logic tells me that you would need to sign it and get it notarized if that's what the form is asking for, yes. Don't forget to sign it in front of the notary so she can watch you sign it in person.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old May 15th 2005, 6:11 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

You do have to complete it, and take it to your interview with you. The Consular Officer can notarize it for you.
Notarization MUST be done by a US Notary Public, sometimes difficult to find outside of the US.
Old May 15th 2005, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Wink Re: 1-864 question ???

Originally Posted by meauxna
You do have to complete it, and take it to your interview with you. The Consular Officer can notarize it for you.
Notarization MUST be done by a US Notary Public, sometimes difficult to find outside of the US.
You mean to say i have to get it notarised only at the embassy ok. Iam glad you told me that otherwise i would have some indian guy to notarise that
Old May 16th 2005, 12:23 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad you told me that otherwise i would have some indian guy to notarise that
You might still have some "indian guy" notarize it... but it'll be an "indian guy" who is also a US Notary Public.

Ian
Old May 16th 2005, 1:24 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi:

Is your wife's I-864 sufficient? If so, you don't NEED the I-864A form.

You don't enough facts to answer your question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.