Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

You won't like it when it gets cold!...

You won't like it when it gets cold!...

Old Aug 20th 2008, 4:55 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You won't like it when it gets cold!...

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I think it might be that some people think that your first winter is a rite of passage.
and so do many prospective employers too .......
Old Aug 20th 2008, 7:07 pm
NEMESIS

dazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond reputedazzlerdaz has a reputation beyond repute

WOW ! No wonder they got rid of the term `global warming` and changed it to `Climate Change`
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

kiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant futurekiddy2ns has a brilliant future

My OH is looking forward to the snow and declared last night that when it snows the first snowman she will make would be the same size as her.
I then *%&$** on my cornflakes by saying “do you really think it is going to snow that much”
Old Aug 21st 2008, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ramsey
My point was more about why does everyone say that to you.... Just as you have moved to a new place, one which you have researched thoroughly, and are still excited about....
I'm with you on this one, and I have argued the value of research before moving on other threads. There are people on the MBTTUK threads whining about the heat in Australia FFS. While there is a case to be made that you have actually to suffer a seven month-long winter with temperatures as low as -50 to appreciate it, I don't need to experience that kind of temperature over that length of time to know it would start to wear a bit thin by the third or fourth winter. So for me, research ruled out large parts of Canada, but not all of it. I guess those who go without researching it just have a bigger surprise roundabout November - in Australia and Canada.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tableland
I'm with you on this one, and I have argued the value of research before moving on other threads. There are people on the MBTTUK threads whining about the heat in Australia FFS. While there is a case to be made that you have actually to suffer a seven month-long winter with temperatures as low as -50 to appreciate it, I don't need to experience that kind of temperature over that length of time to know it would start to wear a bit thin by the third or fourth winter. So for me, research ruled out large parts of Canada, but not all of it. I guess those who go without researching it just have a bigger surprise roundabout November - in Australia and Canada.
Hot in Australia? I never would have thought
Old Aug 21st 2008, 2:24 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tableland
I'm with you on this one, and I have argued the value of research before moving on other threads. There are people on the MBTTUK threads whining about the heat in Australia FFS.
This is probably a vast generalization, but there do seem to be a lot of really thick (British) people emigrating to Oz.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 3:14 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
there do seem to be a lot of really thick (British) people emigrating.
More accurately ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

there do seem to be a lot of really thick British people.
OR even ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ramsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really niceRamsey is just really nice

Bloody hell it's cold today..... And I dont like it!

(Only 'cos its not cold enought to put on proper cold-weather clothes!!)
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 2:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ramsey
Bloody hell it's cold today..... And I dont like it!

Had to go dig out a fleece this morning - what's that all about?

Just returned from grey damp uk - back to grey damp calgary. I ordered sun, people, sun
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:26 pm
Part Time Poster

MikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond reputeMikeUK has a reputation beyond repute

This is probably a vast generalization, but there do seem to be a lot of really thick (British) people emigrating to Oz.
How about 50% of the population is below average

And I know there are people on here who would argue with that statistic
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 4:59 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ann m

Had to go dig out a fleece this morning - what's that all about?

Just returned from grey damp uk - back to grey damp calgary. I ordered sun, people, sun
Have you perhaps brought the UK weather back with you?
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 5:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Have you perhaps brought the UK weather back with you?
I'm saying nothing

but the skies are clear and blue now - so hurrah !!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:26 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Well!! Calgary weather!!!

Monday was 34 degrees .... yesterday I bought a new ski jacket on the way home ..... AND WORE IT!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:27 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
Well!! Calgary weather!!!

Monday was 34 degrees .... yesterday I bought a new ski jacket on the way home ..... AND WORE IT!!!

Wus!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 6:32 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Wus!!!
Well come on..........................................

You only just figured that..........................

Oh Hi Mo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.