Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

You know your in Nova Scotia if....

You know your in Nova Scotia if....

Old Apr 12th 2007, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Adbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant futureAdbru has a brilliant future
Talking You know your in Nova Scotia if....

When my little sis heard we were thinking about Canada she sent me this

Another of those "You know your in ?? if" lists...

If your local Dairy Queen is closed from September through May, you live in Nova Scotia.

If someone in a Home Depot store offers you assistance and they don't work there, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at the same time, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversation with someone who dialed a wrong number, you live in Nova Scotia.

If "Vacation" means going anywhere south of Yarmouth for the weekend, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you measure distance in hours, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you know several people who have hit a deer more than once, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you have sw itched from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you can drive 75 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard without flinching, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you install security lights on your house and garage, but leave both unlocked, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you carry jumper leads in your car and your wife knows how to use them, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit, you live in Nova Scotia.

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter and road construction, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you have more miles on your snow blower than your car, you live in Nova Scotia.

If you find 10 degrees F "a little chilly", you live in Nova Scotia.

If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your Nova Scotian friends, you live in Nova Scotia.

How many are true ???
Adbru
Old Apr 12th 2007, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

NovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really niceNovaBoy is just really nice
Default Re: You know your in Nova Scotia if....

Dunno yet - probably all of them!

Old Apr 13th 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

SivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond reputeSivoxII has a reputation beyond repute

Nice Post! *chuckles*

Don't get the "local humour" on most of them, but can certainly see the joke in all of them.
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:51 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

funny
Old Apr 14th 2007, 12:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Liana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really niceLiana is just really nice

Originally Posted by Adbru
If you actually understand these jokes, and forward them to all your Nova Scotian friends, you live in Nova Scotia.

How many are true ???
Adbru
Does your sister live in Nova Scotia?

It should be Canada not Nova Scotia - and leave out the Halloween snowsuit thing for Nova Scotia though. And we have moved on from degrees in fahrenheit all over Canada

My apologies to do this but it is "you're in Nova Scotia"- as in "you are" not "your"

Last edited by Liana; Apr 14th 2007 at 12:39 pm.
Old Apr 15th 2007, 9:59 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Liana
Does your sister live in Nova Scotia?

It should be Canada not Nova Scotia - and leave out the Halloween snowsuit thing for Nova Scotia though. And we have moved on from degrees in fahrenheit all over Canada

My apologies to do this but it is "you're in Nova Scotia"- as in "you are" not "your"
Well well, if you want to get bloody pedantic it should not be "Canada" as you think since it has reference to Yarmouth & therefore should stay "Nova Scotia"

As for the Halloween snowsuit - I have seen plenty of snow on Cape Breton Island NS in mid September, even got caught in a whiteout driving across the Canso Causeway one time in early fall.

I did notice how perfect you are though. So perfect you had to edit your 5 line post.