Wikiposts

World Cup

Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:10 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup

Originally Posted by Lord Vader
Surely you won't discriminate against yourselves. There must be a couple of 1st class English coaches that are capable.
Roy Hodgson and Harry Redknapp could be credible England coaches but neither has won the trophies that a Capello or Sven Goran-Eriksson had won.

The England Football Manager job is one of the highest paid football management jobs in the world- because they carry the hopes and dreams of the nation (however unrealistic they are). It is important to get the best qualified coach possible. Failure is not an option. To overlook a world class coach to have someone English in charge is a mistake that the FA do not want to repeat.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:14 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Roy Hodgson and Harry Redknapp could be credible England coaches but neither has won the trophies that a Capello or Sven Goran-Eriksson had won.

The England Football Manager job is one of the highest paid football management jobs in the world- because they carry the hopes and dreams of the nation (however unrealistic they are). It is important to get the best qualified coach possible. Failure is not an option. To overlook a world class coach to have someone English in charge is a mistake that the FA do not want to repeat.
Sam Allardyce would have been a possibility. Probably too late for that now.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:15 am
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Capello picked him on the basis that his form would return.

The public backlash of Capello not picking him for any game would have been massive.
On the basis his form would return in which of the 4 games? Is it a sensible selection policy to offer 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances to allow a player to try and find their form, after several previous friendlies where his form was also indifferent? That's pretty much an entire international season.

And the backlash as a result of the early exit is any more preferable?
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:21 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
On the basis his form would return in which of the 4 games? Is it a sensible selection policy to offer 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th chances to allow a player to try and find their form, after several previous friendlies where his form was also indifferent? That's pretty much an entire international season.

And the backlash as a result of the early exit is any more preferable?
There were so many other poor performance's by individuals that the early exit would've occured with or without Rooney. But the ommission of Rooney would've started backlash from all corners before the tournament had even begun.

Rooney on form is one hell of a player and England needed that. England aren't exactly deep with talent.

I think some of the criticism of Rooney was harsh. I thought he was reasonable against Slovenia. CBC went on about him but that's because their journalism is lazy and they just discuss simple topics taken from the print media.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:23 am

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Sod the ****ing manager lets get some decent players.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:26 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Sod the ****ing manager lets get some decent players.
Yes, ultimately there is only so much turd polish a manager can bring along.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:27 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Old Jun 28th 2010, 1:57 pm
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
so the coaches and players are shit.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 2:31 pm

Whilst the manager (and coaches) can take their share of the blame, I think most of the responsibility for Englands lacklustre performance is due to the stench of shit coming off the players.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 3:14 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Mes derniere mots.

Netherlands 3-1 Germany in the final.

World War III breaks out soon afterwards, with a lot of spitting on both sides.

Good luck all.

A bientot.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:38 pm
Purpe80 in another life..

Clematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond reputeClematis has a reputation beyond repute

Clematis Paraguay 2 Japan 1
Clematis Spain 3 Portugal 2
Old Jun 29th 2010, 1:18 am
Dive Bar Drunk

Yes.

England has the best fans in the world and the best ex-pats but we are let down by everything else.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 8:24 am
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

JamesM 12
Greenhill 10
Clematis 9
LordVader 7
PartiallyDischarged 7
Oink 6
Alan2005 5
OinksNan 5
VadersGoldfish 3
GreenVale 3

Last edited by Greenhill; Jun 29th 2010 at 8:35 am.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 8:27 am
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

2 July (Friday)...predictions before 11:00am AST please

* Netherlands 0 Brazil 0
* Uruguay 0 Ghana 0
Old Jun 29th 2010, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

PartiallyDischarged Netherlands 1 Brazil 2
PartiallyDischarged Uruguay 1 Ghana 2

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.