wives left behind

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:37 pm
Forum Regular

Red Robo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: wives left behind

Im glad to hear that some of you got excited we all need that in our lives!!! meanwhile back to the boxes
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From West Yorkshire to Ontario. Now enjoying life in Saskatchewan
Manson will become famous soon enough

My OH has been gone 13 weeks now. I too am surrounded by boxes, the removers come next week and we fly out on the 19th June. It has been really really hard. We decided like Tina that enough was enough and booked our flights to go over, we were going to leave the house up for sale but a few days after this decision it sold.

I must admit I am now having the jitters, wondering if things will be the same after all this time apart.
Guess I find out in 17 days

To all you gals and guys that are/going to be apart fom there OH, just keep in mind why you are doing this and it's not forever. At times it will be hard but chin up and remember you are not alone.

Sharon
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:46 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
where are you headed to?
Hi Carrie, we are headed to NS. Should hopefully meet up with some other BE'ers out there.

Kaz
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:47 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazbob
We are doing it the other way around, for a year and a half!!!!! OH is in the RN and has to finish his time here, however, we want to get over and get the children settled into school before they get too old. So I am going over on my own and OH will stay in the UK (or wherever the Navy sends him).

I am quite nervous about it all but know I will have to cope and get on with it. I shall be that 'crazy British lady that talks to everyone' , trying to make friends and getting a routine and social network going.

Karen
Originally Posted by kazbob
Hi Carrie, we are headed to NS. Should hopefully meet up with some other BE'ers out there.

Kaz
yup - there's a lot that way
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

dan_nick is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Manson
My OH has been gone 13 weeks now. I too am surrounded by boxes, the removers come next week and we fly out on the 19th June. It has been really really hard. We decided like Tina that enough was enough and booked our flights to go over, we were going to leave the house up for sale but a few days after this decision it sold.

I must admit I am now having the jitters, wondering if things will be the same after all this time apart.
Guess I find out in 17 days

To all you gals and guys that are/going to be apart fom there OH, just keep in mind why you are doing this and it's not forever. At times it will be hard but chin up and remember you are not alone.

Sharon
Sharon,

What a coincidence, our last name is also Manson, my husband is from Leeds and we are also moving to Canada this year..what are the chances in all my 19 years married to him I have never met another Manson (other than family).

Good luck with your move and your new life..I am Canadian so this move is just a home coming to me.
Old Jun 3rd 2009, 10:59 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From West Yorkshire to Ontario. Now enjoying life in Saskatchewan
Manson will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dan_nick
Sharon,

What a coincidence, our last name is also Manson, my husband is from Leeds and we are also moving to Canada this year..what are the chances in all my 19 years married to him I have never met another Manson (other than family).

Good luck with your move and your new life..I am Canadian so this move is just a home coming to me.
I have never met another Manson apart from his family either. Although he is a scot I am the yorkshire las.

Good luck for your move too.

Sharon
Old Jun 4th 2009, 11:52 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I left my ex-wife behind. Does that count?
Old Jun 4th 2009, 11:55 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I left my ex-wife behind. Does that count?
Maybe.......... if she is just waiting to sell her house and then follow you
Old Jun 4th 2009, 12:09 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by albertabound
Maybe.......... if she is just waiting to sell her house and then follow you

I think he would hope not
Old Jun 4th 2009, 12:20 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
I think he would hope not
Most certainly not. She did consider it at one point, though. I soon put her off the idea.