wives left behind

Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Red Robo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wives left behind

Hi just thought I would ask a question to all the wives/partners who were left behind if their OH went to Canada to work before them. My hubbie is about to do that and Im left to pack up the house which fortunatley we have sold and remain with the children and pets. How was it when you finally got to Canada, and how was it when you got to customs any probs??? I will only be left for about six weeks hopefully but still it will seEm like an eternity, especially as the kids will be on school hols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:42 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wives left behind

Originally Posted by Red Robo
Hi just thought I would ask a question to all the wives/partners who were left behind if their OH went to Canada to work before them. My hubbie is about to do that and Im left to pack up the house which fortunatley we have sold and remain with the children and pets. How was it when you finally got to Canada, and how was it when you got to customs any probs??? I will only be left for about six weeks hopefully but still it will seEm like an eternity, especially as the kids will be on school hols!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
My wife was left for just short of six months.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud ofHollis Family has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Red Robo
Hi

Currently sitting here surrounded in boxes my OH went out to Canada 7 weeks ago and I am here with the kids packing up a house and finalising everything over here!

My hubby comes back next week for 4 days and then we all fly out together - in total we will have been apart for 8 weeks. I'm actually surprised at how quickly the time has gone but you are so busy that you don't have time to dwell to much on the situation. The kids have missed their dad as the longest he had been away was a week but they have coped fine.

We have used skype every weekend (its not great during the week because of the time difference and school hours) which has been a godsend. Mind you when he phoned yesterday and told us about his day - a game of footy in the morning, followed by a trip to the cinema in the afternoon and a 40th birthday party in the evening I could have quite galdly waited another 8 weeks to see him!! Meanwhile whilst everyone else was out enjoying the sunshine I was indoors clearing out the garage and attic before the packers come in this week!!

Michelle
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Red Robo is an unknown quantity at this point

Im glad to know im not the only one who is surrounded by boxes and looking at the mountain of jobs that I will have to do alone. Chin up though it will all be worth it im sure!although footie, cinema and going out does really sound like rubbing it in a little bit!!!!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:46 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

hi

know how you feel but i'm here now and all was fine.....i was left for four months, whilst hubby was out in canada working, so i had the kids to sort, school, packing, shippers, selling the house (which we are still doing!!!!!), booking flights, winding down businesses, accountants, solicitors, dealing with house insurance, alarm systems.....oh god, the list goes on.......but like i said, all turned out fine, as we are all here now in canada.......landing was fine; i had all the paperwork that i thought that i needed in one file, all photocopies of extra things and got two study permits for the kids and an open spousal permit for me.....it all took about 45 minutes and was very painless.......it's hard on your own but not impossible....keep your chin up....and good luck...x
Old Jun 1st 2009, 9:57 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's very trusting of you all.
I don't know about the rest of Canada that much but Vancouver has a load of really hot girls.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 11:34 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

I was left to finalise the house sale and the rest of the packing up - it was horrible. Having never sold a house before it was all foreign to me. I felt I was sorely lacking support and with hubby starting a new adventure without me I guess I was jealous as he was having fun discovering new things. On the other hand I wasn't very sympathetic with hubby's trials and tribulations either - he was missing me, I was missing him and 15 minute phone calls each day and no computer just wasn't enough. But we got through it, it was such a relief to see him again and it took my nerves away as I was so excited to see him I wasn't worried.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 1:14 am
it's all good............

D15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of lightD15NEY is a glorious beacon of light

I was left for nearly 12 weeks as well .

It was hard to begin with as we hadn't finalised on the house etc but once that got sorted it was ok.

Husband came home for 5 days in which we had the house packed-up and shipped off, put 3 dogs in kennels, said our good-byes then stayed with friends for the last night .

It will be worth it in the end , although at times I felt like I was losing my mind
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:42 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

My husband has been away for 13 weeks now. I have been left like Piff Poff with organising everything this end. It has been so stressful.
Originally our time apart was open ended as we had to sell the house.
It is still not sold but I am flying over on 26th. I was also awaiting the birth of our first grandson. He was born 5th April.
Yes I also agree with Piff Poff that while they seem to be enjoying their new life it is like a slap in the mouth because here it seems like doom and gloom. You end up moaning about lack of a house sale, lack of funds and all the other crap that needs sorting here.
In a way I feel almost like I have been divorced or bereaved. Our coupled up friends have disappeared. I feel like the woman that no one wants to invite anywhere cos I am on my own now!! It is very strange.
When Neil was here I said that I would like girlie weekend with my friends before I go. Everyone agreed it was a great idea. Surprisingly - not- that hasnt happened either.
Anyway, I am on my way soon. Life is too short and the separation was not doing us any good.
It is hard for those left behind but we have to keep reminding ourselves that it is a small sacrifice to get us where we want to be.
Tina
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 6:08 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Am another that was left to it!! - how come girls ?? what did we do wrong eh?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:49 am
BE Enthusiast

albertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond reputealbertabound has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
Maybe we are just too good
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:23 am
Forum Regular

skyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really niceskyturner is just really nice

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon

If it's any consolation we are doing it the opposite way.....my missus and son will be going over and leaving me to "mop up". This suits us better as I have a uk business that I need to train a manager up for and my OH is Canadian so will have full support of family until she finds a place to rent etc (grannie is giving us her car too ).

Gotta admit though, when I saw the title of this thread I did get a little excited
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Gotta admit though, when I saw the title of this thread I did get a little excited [/QUOTE]

LOL
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 9:35 am
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

We are doing it the other way around, for a year and a half!!!!! OH is in the RN and has to finish his time here, however, we want to get over and get the children settled into school before they get too old. So I am going over on my own and OH will stay in the UK (or wherever the Navy sends him).

I am quite nervous about it all but know I will have to cope and get on with it. I shall be that 'crazy British lady that talks to everyone' , trying to make friends and getting a routine and social network going.

Karen
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:11 pm
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kazbob
We are doing it the other way around, for a year and a half!!!!! OH is in the RN and has to finish his time here, however, we want to get over and get the children settled into school before they get too old. So I am going over on my own and OH will stay in the UK (or wherever the Navy sends him).

I am quite nervous about it all but know I will have to cope and get on with it. I shall be that 'crazy British lady that talks to everyone' , trying to make friends and getting a routine and social network going.

Karen
where are you headed to?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.