Reload this Page >

Winnipeg to Nova Scotia?

Winnipeg to Nova Scotia?

Old Apr 11th 2009, 1:25 am
Just Joined

dubliner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Winnipeg to Nova Scotia?

Hi all
Weve lived in Winnipeg now for 2 years and we still havent really settled. Were thinking of moving to Nova Scotia next summer, and wondering has anyone on this forum made this move? We miss landscape, being near the coast and feel that nova scotia would more suit what were looking for, for us and our kids.
Really appreciate any thoughts,
thanks
Old Apr 11th 2009, 10:44 am
Forum Regular

colin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nicecolin2496 is just really nice
Default Re: Winnipeg to Nova Scotia?

Hi I haven't done the move but I am moving to Winnipeg shortly and just wondered if you could explain why you hadn't settled is it a bad place to live?
Old Apr 11th 2009, 3:01 pm
C'mon already

kazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond reputekazbob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dubliner
Hi all
Weve lived in Winnipeg now for 2 years and we still havent really settled. Were thinking of moving to Nova Scotia next summer, and wondering has anyone on this forum made this move? We miss landscape, being near the coast and feel that nova scotia would more suit what were looking for, for us and our kids.
thanks
Hi dubliner, welcome to the forum.

Amydavid has made the move from BC to Nova Scotia and she swears it's the best thing she and her family ever did. The same as you, I think she just didn't settle there, but felt right at home in NS.

I'm sure she'll be along sometime to give you more info.

Karen
Old Apr 11th 2009, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks we really appreciate any comments
Were looking to move next summer and we want to be really sure that were making the right move this time. Winnipeg just isent for us. Its too insular and (ill probably be harpooned for saying this by fellow winnipegers online here), but we have found people to be not as friendly as we were led to believe, (friendly manitoba). We want to be sure this time, as our oldest son is 7, and we want this move to be the last. Again really appreciate any thoughts or advice.
thanks, dubliner
Old Apr 11th 2009, 8:41 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks we really appreciate any comments
Were looking to move next summer and we want to be really sure that were making the right move this time. Winnipeg just isent for us. Its too insular and (ill probably be harpooned for saying this by fellow winnipegers online here), but we have found people to be not as friendly as we were led to believe, (friendly manitoba). We want to be sure this time, as our oldest son is 7, and we want this move to be the last. Again really appreciate any thoughts or advice.
thanks, dubliner
And here I am...lol

We lived in BC for 6 months and just did not like it. I can't point to one thing and say it was that that we did not like - it was the place as a whole.

We drove across the country to NS and the minute we arrived we knew we had made the right choice. It really is the best decision we could have made.

PM if you require more information :0)
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:21 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you'll get no problems with us from Winnipeg, different people like different things.

Are you of Irish descent? If so you might want to look at St John's, Newfoundland, I transited through the airport there a few years back, and thought I had dropped into Ireland.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Hi Amy
Thanks for respondin Ill email you now if thats okay, i dont want to use up the forum space asking questions, talk to ya soon,
Old Apr 11th 2009, 11:08 pm
Truro NS

wbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond reputewbexpat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
thanks
Im a scouser and my wifes Scots. We lived in the Isle of Man for a few years. My neighbours are from the Emerald Isle. We all agree, culturally you'll be right at home in NS or NL. Music, beer, sense of humour, easy going folks, and generally satisfactory craic. Look us up in Truro if you come for a recce.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 2:13 am
Just Joined

Sounds good to me, we definitely miss the craic!! Wed like to do a 'recce' at some point, when we come wed love to meet up with some others from this forum. Do you have kids? We have two boys Liam 7 and Ryan 3. Were just a bit worried about moving Liam again, but we know well never settle here in Winnipeg, weve tried so hard, but its just not happening
thanks for your reply, all the best, Nichola