Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Give a man a fish or teach him to fish?

Give a man a fish or teach him to fish?

Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

ExcitedBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Give a man a fish or teach him to fish?

This is probably a lazy kind of question: what’s the equivalent of the London A-Z of Montreal and where do I get in quick after I land (in airport?) If not in what kind of shops...or what’s the equivalent of WHSMITH in Montreal
Which street guide would you recommend?

I need the street guide quickly next day (don’t ask why, I dont want to look too stupid in McGill Ghetto,oops)

Thank you
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:28 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Give a man a fish or teach him to fish?

Originally Posted by ExcitedBrit
This is probably a lazy kind of question: what’s the equivalent of the London A-Z of Montreal and where do I get in quick after I land (in airport?) If not in what kind of shops...or what’s the equivalent of WHSMITH in Montreal

I need the street guide quickly next day (don’t ask why, I dont want to look too stupid in McGill Ghetto,oops)

Thank you
Hasn't google / mapquest etc. etc. put London A-Z out of business by now?

And the equivalent of WH Smith in Montreal is called a bookshop or bibliotheque, ca depend.
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

yes but i dont walk with a laptop, do I? I mean you still need print in life , dont you dear?

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Hasn't google / mapquest etc. etc. put London A-Z out of business by now?
Old Apr 9th 2009, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

PaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud ofPaulandNikki has much to be proud of

I believe in Canada they call them "maps", crazy. You can buy them in most petrol stations (or gas stations to use the local lingo), book shops, tourist shops, airports etc.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

bodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to beholdbodgerx is a splendid one to behold

yes but i dont walk with a laptop, do I? I mean you still need print in life , dont you dear?
What? You don't actually have an iPhone?
Old Apr 10th 2009, 8:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Nope, is it the norm now? Hope I dont get arrested .......walking around without an IPhone

Originally Posted by bodgerx
What? You don't actually have an iPhone?
Old Apr 10th 2009, 9:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you
Chapters bookstore on St Catherine Street. Not far from the McGill ghetto.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 10:15 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zalaben
Chapters bookstore on St Catherine Street. Not far from the McGill ghetto.
No offence meant but if you go around asking such ambiguous questions as you did on this thread ..... you might not get the specific answers that you ask for.
Old Apr 10th 2009, 10:16 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong quote in reply -apologies to Zalaben.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 3:00 am
BE Enthusiast

AdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to beholdAdrianR is a splendid one to behold

Thank you
The Canadian equivalent of the A-Z mapbooks are 'Street Guides' published by MapArt Publishing

The Montreal guide is:
http://www.mapart.com/store/merchant...catid=2&step=4