Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Why are the Ozzie Brits mocking you ?

Why are the Ozzie Brits mocking you ?

Old Jan 18th 2010, 12:41 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why are the Ozzie Brits mocking you ?

Originally Posted by kporte
Provided you are an excellent swimmer. I'll take prison any day if it provides great pay, great weather, superb wines, relaxed lifestyle and the only first world economy to escape recession.
It's not really a major world economy though, not on the scale of Britain, Canada, the US etc anyway.

It's nothing personal honestly, I just don't really care for the whole idea of Australia, I understand why a lot of people do though especially coming from England. Unfortunately though it doesn't help that I have never met an Australian person whom I have actually liked.

I suppose the final question as well is the same one which can often be applied to the UK in that if Australia is such a superb country then why do so many Australians leave?

And incidentally by the way, Southern France also has all if not most of those things which you mentioned with the added bonus of no massive spiders to deal with.

Last edited by DigitalGhost; Jan 18th 2010 at 12:47 am.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 12:56 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
It's not really a major world economy though, not on the scale of Britain, Canada, the US etc anyway.

It's nothing personal honestly, I just don't really care for the whole idea of Australia, I understand why a lot of people do though especially coming from England. Unfortunately though it doesn't help that I have never met an Australian person whom I have actually liked.

I suppose the final question as well is the same one which can often be applied to the UK in that if Australia is such a superb country then why do so many Australians leave?
The per capita GDP is ahead of the UK and just behind Canada, so not too shabby for a very young country.
I know what you mean though, some places just don't appeal. Are you on your way to Canada or a former resident?

My French isn't good enough to work there or it would have been my first choice, in spite of the wine not being as good as here..Many Aussies leave but the vast majority return. The opposite is true for the UK.

Last edited by kporte; Jan 18th 2010 at 12:59 am.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 12:56 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, for just reading a harmless bit of banter that started between two posters, some of you appear very bitter and aggressive. Don't you have banter in Canada? Do you never take the piss out of each other?

People move abroad for millions of different reasons. No one is better than anyone else or more intelligent because of the country they move to.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:04 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

The per capita GDP is ahead of the UK and just behind Canada, so not too shabby for a very young country.
I know what you mean though, some places just don't appeal. Are you on your way to Canada or a former resident?

My French isn't good enough to work there or it would have been my first choice, in spite of the wine not being as good as here..Many Aussies leave but the vast majority return. The opposite is true for the UK.
I'm not too sure of the GDP thing there, could you possibly provide proof of that since I think the last time I checked Wikipedia said otherwise.

I'm hoping to be off to Canada at the moment, if that doesn't happen then it will probably be Japan I think but that would obviously mean a massive lifestyle change.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:07 am
Account Closed

I'm not too sure of the GDP thing there, could you possibly provide proof of that since I think the last time I checked Wikipedia said otherwise.

I'm hoping to be off to Canada at the moment, if that doesn't happen then it will probably be Japan I think but that would obviously mean a massive lifestyle change.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...PP)_per_capita

Canada or Japan? No difference culturally then? Good luck!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:15 am
Sidecar Falcon

I know, it's more of a matter of personal circumstances at the moment than anything else though.

Thanks for the link, makes some quite interesting reading, it's been a while since I looked at those figures.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:18 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, so this is where you've been hanging out - sooking up with the Canadian's
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:20 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Ah, so this is where you've been hanging out - sooking up with the Canadian's
Cos you keep disappearing I need some banter. Most of the Canadians are cool but they are quite sensitive , so be nice.........
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:24 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Cos you keep disappearing I need some banter. Most of the Canadians are cool but they are quite sensitive , so be nice.........
Ach they're not sensitive at all Some of them will be along in a minute to join in -now where is dollface??? Or CH
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
Ach they're not sensitive at all Some of them will be along in a minute to join in -now where is dollface??? Or CH
Aye they are ok for pretend Americans, I must admit
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:28 am

Aye they are ok for pretend Americans, I must admit
Dollface is pure mental Right up oor street!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:32 am
Sidecar Falcon

Originally Posted by bsmith
....well good for you! - but that's just typical of a bunch of loud- mouthed, drunken, ex-convicts to brag and lord it over those less fortunate than themselves. - you people are a disgrace to the commonwealth!
Well it's quite easy for the Australians to keep their wealth since they all just go around nicking everything.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:35 am

Well it's quite easy for the Australians to keep their wealth since they all just go around nicking everything.
- especially those bloody poms
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:37 am
Sidecar Falcon

I think to be honest one of the things that puts me off Australia is the amount of English living over there. Don't our lot make for their largest immigrant population in Oz and NZ?
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:40 am

I think to be honest one of the things that puts me off Australia is the amount of English living over there. Don't our lot make for their largest immigrant population in Oz and NZ?
English, Irish and Scottish certainly have a huge stamp in Oz, but there are tons of Asians, Europeans, Americans and Canadians too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.