Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Why are the Ozzie Brits mocking you ?

Wikiposts

Why are the Ozzie Brits mocking you ?

Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:41 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why are the Ozzie Brits mocking you ?

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost
I think to be honest one of the things that puts me off Australia is the amount of English living over there. Don't our lot make for their largest immigrant population in Oz and NZ?
I think that's correct. Funnily enough all my friends outside the fantastic mates I've made on here, are either Aussies or Kiwis. The friends I've made here have really made the difference for me.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:42 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottishcelts
English, Irish and Scottish certainly have a huge stamp in Oz, but there are tons of Asians, Europeans, Americans and Canadians too
So a lot like Canada then by all respects?
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:43 am
Account Closed

Well it's quite easy for the Australians to keep their wealth since they all just go around nicking everything.
All posession is theft....
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:44 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
I think that's correct. Funnily enough all my friends outside the fantastic mates I've made on here, are either Aussies or Kiwis. The friends I've made here have really made the difference for me.
..and then there's me - sorry you ended up on drugs/the therapist malarky
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:44 am
Account Closed

My personal favourite is all the Brits that emigrated in disgust at the number of immigrants in the UK....
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:45 am

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Yip

Australia is just easier to get a visa
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:46 am
Account Closed

..and then there's me - sorry you ended up on drugs/the therapist malarky
You forgot my marriage going tits up and me nearly dying 2 weeks ago
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:47 am

You forgot my marriage going tits up and me nearly dying 2 weeks ago
Shit yeah - the wine is really starting to affect my memory now
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Shit yeah - the wine is really starting to affect my memory now
That reminds me about having to give up wine too
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:49 am
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

My personal favourite is all the Brits that emigrated in disgust at the number of immigrants in the UK....
Oh yeah, they always make me laugh, I actually heard a guy in a pub say the following last year:

"There's too many of them *****ing poles over here, they come over taking our jobs and taking up all the space, I tell you what, as soon as we can afford me and the missus are *****ing off to Spain, we've had enough."
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:49 am

That reminds me about having to give up wine too
Can you not just get yourself a bag of smack or something sweetie? I really think it would be a huge advantage!
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:53 am
Account Closed

Oh yeah, they always make me laugh, I actually heard a guy in a pub say the following last year:

"There's too many of them *****ing poles over here, they come over taking our jobs and taking up all the space, I tell you what, as soon as we can afford me and the missus are *****ing off to Spain, we've had enough."
Classic! It's the Bulgarians my Mum is on about now when she phones. I try telling her I'm fairly certain they don't actually get given a house and a car as well as money to send back home from the state but she remains unconvinced....
Old Jan 18th 2010, 1:56 am
Sidecar Falcon

Classic! It's the Bulgarians my Mum is on about now when she phones. I try telling her I'm fairly certain they don't actually get given a house and a car as well as money to send back home from the state but she remains unconvinced....
Well my girlfriend is Japanese so my parents are now slightly more enlightened on this subject on than they used to be, especially since they know the hell that she needs to go through just to get a student visa, nevermind a long term one. That and they fancy heading overseas themselves once they retire so they realise that it might be slightly hypocritcal if they behaved otherwise.

The poor Bulgarians don't even get working rights I don't think unless they apply for them.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:25 am

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

especially SC and I right???
Old Jan 18th 2010, 2:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by dollface
especially SC and I right???
Obviously!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.