Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Why Canadians are tired..........

Why Canadians are tired..........

Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

jood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant futurejood has a brilliant future
Default Why Canadians are tired..........

My Canadian friend sent me this...........

WHY CANADIANS ARE SO TIRED
For a couple years I've been blaming it on lack of sleep, not enough sunshine, and too much pressure from my job, ear wax build-up, poor blood or anything else I could think of. Now I've found out the real reason I'm tired -- because I'm overworked.

Here's why:

The population of Canada is 30 million.

11 million are retired, that leaves 19 million to do the work.

There are 5.5 million in school, which leaves 13.5 million to do the work.

Of this there are 3 million employed by the federal government, leaving 10.5 million to do the work.

1 million are in the armed forces, preoccupied with killing Terrorists, which leaves 9.5 million to do the work.

Take from that total the 7 million people who work for Provincial and city Government s, and that leaves 2.5 million to do the work.

At any given time, there are 476,000 people in hospitals, leaving 2,024,000 to do the work.

Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons and 812,000 on Employment Insurance and Welfare.

That leaves just two people to do the work.
You and me.

And there you are sitting on your ass, at your computer, reading jokes.

Nice.

Real nice
Old Mar 29th 2007, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why Canadians are tired..........

Originally Posted by jood

For a couple years I've been blaming it on lack of sleep, not enough sunshine, and too much pressure from my job, ear wax build-up, poor blood or anything else I could think of. Now I've found out the real reason I'm tired -- because I'm overworked.

Here's why:

The population of Canada is 30 million.

11 million are retired, that leaves 19 million to do the work.

There are 5.5 million in school, which leaves 13.5 million to do the work.

Of this there are 3 million employed by the federal government, leaving 10.5 million to do the work.

1 million are in the armed forces, preoccupied with killing Terrorists, which leaves 9.5 million to do the work.

Take from that total the 7 million people who work for Provincial and city Government s, and that leaves 2.5 million to do the work.

At any given time, there are 476,000 people in hospitals, leaving 2,024,000 to do the work.

Now, there are 1,211,998 people in prisons and 812,000 on Employment Insurance and Welfare.

That leaves just two people to do the work.
You and me.

Nice.

Real nice
Ha, looks like it's all down to you then.

That's why you have to do 2 or 3 jobs because there is no one else to do them.
Old Mar 29th 2007, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

moonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nicemoonraker is just really nice

Nice.

Real nice
It's hard work but someone's gotta do it!
Old Mar 29th 2007, 4:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Because they get up way to early , or at least they do in this town. I see nutters jogging the streets from 6am onwards .

Someone in my office gets up at 4.30 am to go to the gym and she wonders why she always tired .