Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Who has flown Gatwick - Calgary Zoom???

Who has flown Gatwick - Calgary Zoom???

Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who has flown Gatwick - Calgary Zoom???

Originally Posted by lauder99
Hi there

I dont think I would have bothered if I wasn't so tall the seat width seemed the same and the only other differences are extra 10kg of baggage allowance and faster check in but we saw no queues for check in anyway so that made no difference.

We had a 4 hour drive either end which was the other reason for the upgrade I want to get as much sleep as possible before driving up the road to Edinburgh.

I don't think anyone of ordinary height would have thought the upgrade worth the money but for me it was well worth it.

Cheers
Tom
Did you get the extra leg room, or 1st class?

From what I saw, the 1st class looked the same as cattle class. Just fewer seats...

Extra leg room were seats by the emergency exits, so plenty of room compared to the rest.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:26 am
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Chivers52
Have used Zoom once and they were ok, basically you get what you pay for but me and my OH much prefer Canadian Affair have used them twice with no problems, on both time they were in fact cheaper than Zoom use the specials and you can get it cheaper.
The main difference being everyone has a TV screen in the back head part of the seat in front, on a long journey we found that helped, but that just us, everyone is different.
Hi Chivers52

What specials are you talking about - i have not seen any for Canadian Affair??
Old Nov 25th 2007, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

we got the "first class" although as you say its only the legroom and baggage allowance thats different. The service is the same, meals and movies etc are all the same as far as I could tell.

I would probably just book the extra legroom seats next time, if they were available.

cheers
Tom

Originally Posted by Andthen
Did you get the extra leg room, or 1st class?

From what I saw, the 1st class looked the same as cattle class. Just fewer seats...

Extra leg room were seats by the emergency exits, so plenty of room compared to the rest.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:25 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

Originally Posted by lauder99
we got the "first class" although as you say its only the legroom and baggage allowance thats different. The service is the same, meals and movies etc are all the same as far as I could tell.

I would probably just book the extra legroom seats next time, if they were available.

cheers
Tom

Hi Tom

Cheers again for the update.

Dawn
Old Nov 25th 2007, 9:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Andthen
Really? I flew Canadian Affair in summer this year and I didn't get a screen infront of my seat!!

Which airline was it with?
Hi so did we at Easter only bulk head tv and not suitable viewing for our 6 year old def need a seat back tv with Nick junior for a long flight,

cheers sue
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Chivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant future

With regards to the special offers it's a matter of keeping an eye on them or registering with their website. My OH & daughter went back to blighty in September for just a little over C$600 including taxes each from Calgary & Vancouver via a special deal. They also had the personal screens, it does seem however who the carrier is, so far we must have been lucky.