Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Who has flown Gatwick - Calgary Zoom???

Who has flown Gatwick - Calgary Zoom???

Old Nov 25th 2007, 12:28 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all
Default Who has flown Gatwick - Calgary Zoom???

HI everybody

Just wondered who has flown from Gatwick to Calgary with Zoom recently

Just wondered what the flight was like, costs etc??

It all seems swings and roundabouts with regard to who to fly with - just wondered if anybody would share their experience if flown recently.

Cheers

Mrs WDW
Old Nov 25th 2007, 12:48 pm
Forum Regular

boro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who has flown Gatwick - Calgary Zoom???

Originally Posted by WelshDragonsWales
HI everybody

It all seems swings and roundabouts with regard to who to fly with - just wondered if anybody would share their experience if flown recently.

Cheers

Mrs WDW
All zoom flights were the same travelled with them many times all ok
Old Nov 25th 2007, 12:55 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all

Originally Posted by boro97
All zoom flights were the same travelled with them many times all ok
Thanks, its a long way to go if not very good
Old Nov 25th 2007, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

boro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant futureboro97 has a brilliant future

Thanks, its a long way to go if not very good
Well go from manchester
Old Nov 25th 2007, 1:35 pm
Calgary Sept 2008

Silverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really niceSilverbug is just really nice

Me and my OH went with Zoom in Feb to Calgary from Gatwick. We thought they were good -we will be using them again.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Peter Lowestoft will become famous soon enough

HI everybody

Cheers

Mrs WDW

We have flown with Zoom several times now, the last time was August. Always been just about the cheapest, and service has always been good.
My mum has used them often as well, but recently flew with Globspan, as they fly from Stansted, which is closer for her....
She will not be using them again. Poor service, delays and untidy/unclean plane..
Old Nov 25th 2007, 3:20 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

Thanks for the replies,
Old Nov 25th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Thanks for the replies,
Hi I flew with Zoom two weeks ago - from Manchester - Glasgow - Toronto and back again last Sunday.

Different route I realise, but after hearing all the horror stories from several different places on the internet, I was very satisfied with their service.

They were fast, polite and no delays, other than a minor issue on the way back after we landed at Glasgow where we had to wait an hour extra before take off.

They gave out free juice/coffee/tea/soda etc several times through out the flight which I thought was a nice touch, expecting to have to pay for drinks etc..

Also, my bags were well over on the way there and back, and they didn't charge.

I got my pick of seat (within reason obviously) when I checked in too.

Other than the obvious down side of having a non-direct flight, I thought they were very good and will deffinately fly with them again.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Just came back from Calgary yesterday on Zoom we got off at Manchester but it was continuing on to Gatwick. that would be the biggest drawback, the time on the plane at Manchester. The flight itself was good, crew were helpful and friendly we upgraded to premium for the legroom and it was pretty good. cant really fault them and for the cash it was better than we hoped for. Only slight niggle was the screens for the movies being on the bulkheads no individual screens like most scheduled airlines now use I'm 6'4" so I can see it no worries, I doubt the folks behind me were so lucky and OH is 5'2" she couldn't see them from most of the seats.

I wouldn't pay more to fly any of the bigger names and would have to think hard even if saving a few quid.

HTH

Tom
Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:38 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

Originally Posted by Andthen
Hi I flew with Zoom two weeks ago - from Manchester - Glasgow - Toronto and back again last Sunday.

Different route I realise, but after hearing all the horror stories from several different places on the internet, I was very satisfied with their service.

They were fast, polite and no delays, other than a minor issue on the way back after we landed at Glasgow where we had to wait an hour extra before take off.

They gave out free juice/coffee/tea/soda etc several times through out the flight which I thought was a nice touch, expecting to have to pay for drinks etc..

Also, my bags were well over on the way there and back, and they didn't charge.

I got my pick of seat (within reason obviously) when I checked in too.

Other than the obvious down side of having a non-direct flight, I thought they were very good and will deffinately fly with them again.
Hi

Thanks for that info. Glad to hear you were pleased with them. I know all flights can be different - but it's nice to know you were happy with them. I know what you mean about the drinks etc... i was surprised to see they offer them throughout the flights - nice touch.

Cheers
Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:42 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

Originally Posted by lauder99
Just came back from Calgary yesterday on Zoom we got off at Manchester but it was continuing on to Gatwick. that would be the biggest drawback, the time on the plane at Manchester. The flight itself was good, crew were helpful and friendly we upgraded to premium for the legroom and it was pretty good. cant really fault them and for the cash it was better than we hoped for. Only slight niggle was the screens for the movies being on the bulkheads no individual screens like most scheduled airlines now use I'm 6'4" so I can see it no worries, I doubt the folks behind me were so lucky and OH is 5'2" she couldn't see them from most of the seats.

I wouldn't pay more to fly any of the bigger names and would have to think hard even if saving a few quid.

HTH

Tom

Hi Tom

Thanks for feedback. I can understand why you opted for more leg room. Do you think you would have bothered with upgrade if you were not so tall?

Neither of us is that tall and apart from leg room and free headset cant really see much difference in paying extra - would have been happy to if taller.

Thanks

Dawn and Geraint
Old Nov 25th 2007, 5:50 pm
Forum Regular

Chivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant futureChivers52 has a brilliant future

Have used Zoom once and they were ok, basically you get what you pay for but me and my OH much prefer Canadian Affair have used them twice with no problems, on both time they were in fact cheaper than Zoom use the specials and you can get it cheaper.
The main difference being everyone has a TV screen in the back head part of the seat in front, on a long journey we found that helped, but that just us, everyone is different.
Old Nov 25th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Hi

Thanks for that info. Glad to hear you were pleased with them. I know all flights can be different - but it's nice to know you were happy with them. I know what you mean about the drinks etc... i was surprised to see they offer them throughout the flights - nice touch.

Cheers
No problem
Old Nov 25th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chivers52
Have used Zoom once and they were ok, basically you get what you pay for but me and my OH much prefer Canadian Affair have used them twice with no problems, on both time they were in fact cheaper than Zoom use the specials and you can get it cheaper.
The main difference being everyone has a TV screen in the back head part of the seat in front, on a long journey we found that helped, but that just us, everyone is different.
Really? I flew Canadian Affair in summer this year and I didn't get a screen infront of my seat!!

Which airline was it with?
Old Nov 25th 2007, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

lauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to alllauder99 is a name known to all

Hi there

I dont think I would have bothered if I wasn't so tall the seat width seemed the same and the only other differences are extra 10kg of baggage allowance and faster check in but we saw no queues for check in anyway so that made no difference.

We had a 4 hour drive either end which was the other reason for the upgrade I want to get as much sleep as possible before driving up the road to Edinburgh.

I don't think anyone of ordinary height would have thought the upgrade worth the money but for me it was well worth it.

Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom

Thanks for feedback. I can understand why you opted for more leg room. Do you think you would have bothered with upgrade if you were not so tall?

Neither of us is that tall and apart from leg room and free headset cant really see much difference in paying extra - would have been happy to if taller.

Thanks

Dawn and Geraint

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.