Where were you born?

Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:33 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where were you born?

Brighton General Hospital, Feb 26 1963.

It was Pancake Day. My dad and two brothers were most put out. They didn't get any that year.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Battle hospital! And it's still there!
Only just!!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by printer
Only just!!
Print! I thought you'd be in BC by now!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steve666
Print! I thought you'd be in BC by now!
Ha, i wish.

Have you had any luck on the house sale?
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

steve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond reputesteve666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir

It was Pancake Day. My dad and two brothers were most put out. They didn't get any that year.
And haven't since...
Old Apr 24th 2007, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by printer
Ha, i wish.

Have you had any luck on the house sale?
Nope, Just as we think we may have a buyer, NOTHING HAPPENS

You must be near to exchanging.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
I was born in the caravan below, near Falmouth, Cornwall, during the winter of '62, the worst winter on record in England since 1740! Snow covered the ground everywhere from Christmas '62 until March '63, but was particularly bad in Wales and the South-west of England.

I was nearly born on 'Meg', a 21' 1904 built sloop that my parents were living on at a mooring in Falmouth but as mum grew larger, climbing aboard and moving around the boat became more difficult, so dad bought this lovely caravan. He had a colleague who managed to get permission for them to site it in a fenced in area in the corner of an occupied pigs field belonging to a friendly farmer.

Apparently, as mum yowled and howled through her labour during the night, she could hear the pigs snorting and snuffling in sympathy on the other side of the fencing. They were normally asleep at night.

I could detail lots more here but I shall write it on my blog where I have more space!

So, where were you born?

What was going on in the world at the time?
I was born on May 3 1968 in Kingston -upon-Thames. (Yup, 39 in a couple of weeks). My parents eloped from Toronto in 1964, got married in the Uk hence my dual citizenship. I think I was born in a hospital in Richmond,Surrey but that has to be verified. Anyway, i have tons of piccies of myself in a huge 1960`s English pram in Kew Gardens.All I know of my early days is how freezing my mom was sitting in their flat. she used to turn the oven on and open the door to let the heat out . My dad was making 18 quid a week as a journalist for Reuters .(that later changed when he become the boss of Asia..)In the end, my gran had to send over blankets from Toronto. A Canuck freezing in London.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zalaben
I was born on May 3 1968 in Kingston -upon-Thames. (Yup, 39 in a couple of weeks). My parents eloped from Toronto in 1964, got married in the Uk hence my dual citizenship. I think I was born in a hospital in Richmond,Surrey but that has to be verified. Anyway, i have tons of piccies of myself in a huge 1960`s English pram in Kew Gardens.All I know of my early days is how freezing my mom was sitting in their flat. she used to turn the oven on and open the door to let the heat out . My dad was making 18 quid a week as a journalist for Reuters .(that later changed when he become the boss of Asia..)In the end, my gran had to send over blankets from Toronto. A Canuck freezing in London.
Central heating wasn't around then was it, and these big old Victorian houses sure needed alot to heat them. In 1980 when I first came back I can remember my dad and I sitting huddled in front of a 3-bar electric heater feeling the cold. Having a bath was lovely, apart from the getting out bit!

You share my daughters birthday! I'm beginning to panic because we haven't bought her anything yet. She cut out two bits from the argos catalogue and stuck them on a piece of paper on the wall next to the kitchen light switch as a subtle hint. A Brat Jasmine doll, and a playboy bright pink and black chair, at her age She'll be 9. She needs new roller blades too.

Oh, and it's 9 days away, my daughter is getting excited! Hope yours is fun.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

zalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond reputezalaben has a reputation beyond repute

[Oh, and it's 9 days away, my daughter is getting excited! Hope yours is fun.[/QUOTE]

really? now you have no excuse to not wish me a happy birthday then

Yes I am heading into the last year of my 30`s. i have been told that the 40`s are FABULOUS! cant wait for them!
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

simon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud ofsimon876 has much to be proud of

I was born in the caravan below, near Falmouth, Cornwall, during the winter of '62, the worst winter on record in England since 1740! Snow covered the ground everywhere from Christmas '62 until March '63, but was particularly bad in Wales and the South-west of England.

I was nearly born on 'Meg', a 21' 1904 built sloop that my parents were living on at a mooring in Falmouth but as mum grew larger, climbing aboard and moving around the boat became more difficult, so dad bought this lovely caravan. He had a colleague who managed to get permission for them to site it in a fenced in area in the corner of an occupied pigs field belonging to a friendly farmer.

Apparently, as mum yowled and howled through her labour during the night, she could hear the pigs snorting and snuffling in sympathy on the other side of the fencing. They were normally asleep at night.

I could detail lots more here but I shall write it on my blog where I have more space!

So, where were you born?

What was going on in the world at the time?
Hi Robin,

Born late '58 (as the Mott The Hoople song goes) in Eastbourne, Sussex. I am old enough to remember the great snow of '62 (ah-harr me lad) when t'was deep on the beaches and so cold we breathed in lumps!

I fondly remember spending summer holidays playing up and down the seafront while my parents were at work. The thought that we might be in any danger never crossed our minds (maybe we weren't).

Simon
Old Apr 24th 2007, 1:39 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zalaben
[Oh, and it's 9 days away, my daughter is getting excited! Hope yours is fun.
really? now you have no excuse to not wish me a happy birthday then

Yes I am heading into the last year of my 30`s. i have been told that the 40`s are FABULOUS! cant wait for them![/QUOTE]

Have no fear about hitting the big four-zero.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:06 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Born in Aberdeen 3rd July 1963. Was a rather unexpected home birth as I was 4 weeks early and only just over 4lbs which is pretty light for 4 weeks premature.

No 1 in the pop charts was Gerry and the Pacemakers "I like it"

What was No 1 the day you were born

What hit the headlines the year you were born
Old Apr 24th 2007, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

ImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to beholdImLivingTheDream is a splendid one to behold

In a manger in a stable near Bethlehem. Nothing special, flipping busy though.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:05 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir

Three months to the day before I arrived in Canada on the 26th of May same year.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 3:16 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

So, where were you born?
Some industrial wasteland town in Southern Ontario.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.