Where were you born?

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where were you born?

I was born in the caravan below, near Falmouth, Cornwall, during the winter of '62, the worst winter on record in England since 1740! Snow covered the ground everywhere from Christmas '62 until March '63, but was particularly bad in Wales and the South-west of England.

I was nearly born on 'Meg', a 21' 1904 built sloop that my parents were living on at a mooring in Falmouth but as mum grew larger, climbing aboard and moving around the boat became more difficult, so dad bought this lovely caravan. He had a colleague who managed to get permission for them to site it in a fenced in area in the corner of an occupied pigs field belonging to a friendly farmer.

Apparently, as mum yowled and howled through her labour during the night, she could hear the pigs snorting and snuffling in sympathy on the other side of the fencing. They were normally asleep at night.

I could detail lots more here but I shall write it on my blog where I have more space!

So, where were you born?

What was going on in the world at the time?
Attached Thumbnails Where were you born?-mum-caravan.jpg  

Last edited by Robin (The Gadget family); Apr 23rd 2007 at 8:13 pm. Reason: Tact
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice
Default Re: Where were you born?

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)
I was born in the caravan below, near Falmouth, Cornwall, during the winter of '62, the worst winter on record in England since 1740! Snow covered the ground everywhere from Christmas '62 until March '63, but was particularly bad in Wales and the South-west of England.

I was nearly born on 'Meg', a 21' 1904 built sloop that my parents were living on at a mooring in Falmouth but as mum grew larger, climbing aboard and moving around the boat became more difficult, so dad bought this lovely caravan. He had a colleague who managed to get permission for them to site it in a fenced in area in the corner of an occupied pigs field belonging to a friendly farmer.

Apparently, as mum yowled and howled through her labour during the night, she could hear the pigs snorting and snuffling in sympathy on the other side of the fencing. They were normally asleep at night.

I could detail lots more here but I shall write it on my blog where I have more space!

So, where were you born?

What was going on in the world at the time?

If you have a mum still around, give her a call, as I have just done and maybe you'll find out some interesting details about your birth.
I could be your twin. I was born in a comfy hospital, so I'm told, in Oct 62. This was in't middle o't pennines. BRRRR
First time I was taken out in me loverly new pram, when th'ice had melted, me mum went wom an ad fergeten ter tak ma wi er. So there I wer outside t'co-op
many av called er a silly bugger fer goin back fer me
jo
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:21 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Chertsey, Surrey

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bear-diesel
I could be your twin. I was born in a comfy hospital, so I'm told, in Oct 62. This was in't middle o't pennines. BRRRR
First time I was taken out in me loverly new pram, when th'ice had melted, me mum went wom an ad fergeten ter tak ma wi er. So there I wer outside t'co-op
many av called er a silly bugger fer goin back fer me
jo

BTW my OH is 17/10/62
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Danny B
So, er, barely born then....hardly there at all!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

In my parents bedroom, in the house me mum still lives in today, and where both my Grandpa and Dad died! (Not saying where though, 'cos I will probably be the one selling it some day!! )
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Robin (The Gadget family)

BTW my OH is 17/10/62
God. ancient

A WHOLE 3 days older than me
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond reputeMountain Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Janner land. In a hospital.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Craftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond reputeCraftybanshee has a reputation beyond repute

I was born 60 miles away from the Equator ...
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Craftybanshee
I was born 60 miles away from the Equator ...
Now you've got me looking, and here is a sort of calculated guess....Kenya?
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Calgal
In my parents bedroom, in the house me mum still lives in today, and where both my Grandpa and Dad died! (Not saying where though, 'cos I will probably be the one selling it some day!! )
There sure is a cycle of life in that house there, you've broken the mold then!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:23 pm
Been there, done that

MCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud ofMCrocker has much to be proud of

Truro in Cornwall - in my Nan's house
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:43 pm
Happy as a pig in treacle

claire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud ofclaire bob and matt has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MCrocker
Truro in Cornwall - in my Nan's house

Yeah me too, my Nan's house in Plymouth, Devon. Me mum was only 17, she and dad are still together. A LONG time later..............
C
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 10:49 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

No place special just Liverpool Maternity Hospital.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 11:37 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

Battle Hospital, Reading. Not at all exotic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.