Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Where to eat Calgary downtown?

Where to eat Calgary downtown?

Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:48 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to eat Calgary downtown?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions - we will I suppose eat at one of the above establishments - I'll let you know!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 4:55 pm

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
Thank you everyone for your suggestions - we will I suppose eat at one of the above establishments - I'll let you know!
Happy eating Have a good time you deserve it
Old Mar 5th 2009, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Kokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really niceKokanee is just really nice

Originally Posted by Cassie 10000
Happy eating Have a good time you deserve it
if you like seafood try Catch - next to the Hyatt on Stephen Ave.

Freshly flown in from the B.C daily.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 7:44 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

We had an absolutely fab meal at............Da da dummmm: Milestones.

Saltlick was booked up as was the Calgary Tower and the James Joyce menu didn't tickle our taste buds. Bu I can reccomend the Popcorn Shrimps and seasfood platter and the ganache and the Sangria at Milestones Yummy Yum yum
Old Mar 9th 2009, 3:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

We had an absolutely fab meal at............Da da dummmm: Milestones.

Saltlick was booked up as was the Calgary Tower and the James Joyce menu didn't tickle our taste buds. Bu I can reccomend the Popcorn Shrimps and seasfood platter and the ganache and the Sangria at Milestones Yummy Yum yum
Sounds like you enjoyed your overnighter in Calgary Piff...my turn to be heading down there Monday morning again for Little Miss Murray's PR Card....please let the weather on Hwy 2 be kind to us
Old Mar 9th 2009, 4:11 am

Originally Posted by Ruby Murray
Sounds like you enjoyed your overnighter in Calgary Piff...my turn to be heading down there Monday morning again for Little Miss Murray's PR Card....please let the weather on Hwy 2 be kind to us
It really wasn't nice on the way back today - road conditions were very poor. Winter Exercise was moved from field into one of the Cadet Staff's house and finished 2.5 hours early - good job we decided to leave Calgary sooner rather than later. Oh and Teen Piff thinks snowshoeing is worse than cross country skiing
Old Mar 9th 2009, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

please let the weather on Hwy 2 be kind to us
It really wasn't nice on the way back today - road conditions were very poor.
I'm heading up to Red Deer at silly-o'clock on Tuesday morning. Keep me posted on conditions on Hway 2
Old Mar 9th 2009, 2:04 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ann m
I'm heading up to Red Deer at silly-o'clock on Tuesday morning. Keep me posted on conditions on Hway 2
AMA road reports for Highway 2 Calgary to Edmonton. Highway 11A is about Red Deer no need to read any further than that.

http://www.ama.ab.ca/road_report/Route.htm?route_6

Highway cams although not sure how good they'll be early in the AM when it's still dark.

http://www.ama.ab.ca/road_report/cam...tm?link=tabnav
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Ruby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond reputeRuby Murray has a reputation beyond repute

It really wasn't nice on the way back today - road conditions were very poor. Winter Exercise was moved from field into one of the Cadet Staff's house and finished 2.5 hours early - good job we decided to leave Calgary sooner rather than later. Oh and Teen Piff thinks snowshoeing is worse than cross country skiing
Originally Posted by ann m
Originally Posted by Steve_P
AMA road reports for Highway 2 Calgary to Edmonton. Highway 11A is about Red Deer no need to read any further than that.

http://www.ama.ab.ca/road_report/Route.htm?route_6

Highway cams although not sure how good they'll be early in the AM when it's still dark.

http://www.ama.ab.ca/road_report/cam...tm?link=tabnav
Thanks for the link Steve...I wish we'd have checked the highway conditions before we left and been a bit more prepared for them! They were not too bad from Penhold to Olds and then all of a sudden we were driving on packed snow and judging which ruts we should be driving in Thankfully people did do the sensible thing and slowed down enough but I had white-knuckles all the way to Calgary.....had half an hour's break in the Fed building picking up the card, called off for a quick Timmies near the airport and then it was back up that rotten highway for more white knuckles and palpitations
Sorry, but it hit home today that I do still hate the Winters and winter driving conditions....I thought my recent "positive turnaround" was supposed to have helped my acceptance of this bloody white stuff but all it did was create major anxiety and stiff back and shoulders from being so rigid!!

Ann, we did see plenty of snowploughs on the H-2 up and down, so hopefully by tomorrow, they'll have cleared them some more. Safe trip
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:54 pm

Rubes what you have to remeber is you wouldn't normally go down the highway when the road conditions are poor.......At least you had ruts to follow, we had to rely on those noisy bumpy bits that tell you your going to go in the ditch if you go any further over

Ann I also hope you have a safe trip.
Old Mar 10th 2009, 1:56 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Ruby luv,

If it is any consolation whatsoever this winter has been one of the most miserable in quite some time, I don't remember having this much snow on the ground in Calgary for quite a while.

I've been in Alberta for 46 this coming May and I have had quite enough of this particular winter.

On the positive side for perhaps for yourself, I was in our local Safeway yesterday and I did see Patak's Balti sauce in tins, $5.79 per tin.

Cheers
Steve
Old Mar 10th 2009, 2:05 pm

Ruby luv,

If it is any consolation whatsoever this winter has been one of the most miserable in quite some time, I don't remember having this much snow on the ground in Calgary for quite a while.

I've been in Alberta for 46 this coming May and I have had quite enough of this particular winter.

On the positive side for perhaps for yourself, I was in our local Safeway yesterday and I did see Patak's Balti sauce in tins, $5.79 per tin.

Cheers
Steve
Steve, Ruby will be along in a while to tell you how that just isn't the same (apparently) it HAS to be the paste Ahhh bless you though (I tried the same when I saw the stuff in the CO OP - I did live to tell the tale though)

I am also glad to hear you say that this is a bad winter and it's not just my immagination, really not looking forward to walking the Henry this morning as it's a snopant and double mitt type cold brrr, well now I'm off to get booted up
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ruby luv,

Cheers
Steve
Steve, Ruby will be along in a while to tell you how that just isn't the same (apparently) it HAS to be the paste Ahhh bless you though (I tried the same when I saw the stuff in the CO OP - I did live to tell the tale though)

I am also glad to hear you say that this is a bad winter and it's not just my immagination, really not looking forward to walking the Henry this morning as it's a snopant and double mitt type cold brrr, well now I'm off to get booted up
Yep Piff...I'm here!! Sorry Steve, Piff's right....I can also get the Pataks Balti sauce in the cans up here but it is not the same as the paste Thanks for having me in mind though...that in itself means a lot

I'm surprised to hear though that this winter has been the worst for you....my worst was and still is the one of 2003/2004 that started October 15th and was still cold and snowing when we left Alberta for Ontario March 13th! For me with this winter, I think it's because I've been a hermit in my house since quitting my job in November that I don't thinks it's been so bad....I'd probably be saying the opposite if I was out there every morning going to work!!
Old Mar 10th 2009, 6:44 pm
Banned

livermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond reputelivermanl has a reputation beyond repute

Yep Piff...I'm here!! Sorry Steve, Piff's right....I can also get the Pataks Balti sauce in the cans up here but it is not the same as the paste Thanks for having me in mind though...that in itself means a lot

I'm surprised to hear though that this winter has been the worst for you....my worst was and still is the one of 2003/2004 that started October 15th and was still cold and snowing when we left Alberta for Ontario March 13th! For me with this winter, I think it's because I've been a hermit in my house since quitting my job in November that I don't thinks it's been so bad....I'd probably be saying the opposite if I was out there every morning going to work!!
Totally agree that the length of winter is the worst part (at least in Alberda you can get some respite). I get so fed up of winter this time of year it's untrue the thing is i don't really mind the cold but the length of the season is a tough one to get over, i find that the trick is to get a nice rec room full of people and forget that it's cold outside...
Old Mar 11th 2009, 3:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Ann, we did see plenty of snowploughs on the H-2 up and down, so hopefully by tomorrow, they'll have cleared them some more. Safe trip
Ann I also hope you have a safe trip.
Thanks guys - most of the route was OK - icy in patches. Safely home now.
Red Deer is much bigger than I thought it was !! And it was -30 when we pulled in at 8.15 (t'was a balmy -28 when I left home ).

Originally Posted by livermanl
i don't really mind the cold but the length of the season is a tough one to get over.
Mmm, I'm starting to get a sense of humour failure now. A neighbour said this is one of the coldest winters here for about 30 years (can't be bothered to look that up right now) - but December came in with such a chilly blast that did not let up, and -28 again last night was just not funny any more.

The clocks have changed, it's still sunny at 7pm. I need heat, people!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.